Ecliptech Shift LIGHTS

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never got mine working correctly. set it up like the manual says, and it tests fine but when I get on the road above 4k rpm's it goes crazy and gets out of control flashes. I called them 2 days ago and asked if maybe I had a defective unit, they said its very rare and to check all my connections again. then if that doesn't work look at the trouble shooting page on the website.
Hope I figure it out soon...

what happens when you set it to be like from 1k-4k? same symptoms? like changing the range on it

Have you set the sensitivity setting? Maybe need to change that? To reset to default turn off ignition hold both buttons at same time while turning ignition back on after 5 second unit will flash to let you know its set to default settings .

wasn't aware of a sensitivity setting, I will check it out.
but I have reset it to default a few times and started from scratch with the same results

what happens when you set it to be like from 1k-4k? same symptoms? like changing the range on it

I never set it that low Garrett, always set it where I wanted it.
I guess I will check my connections first then reset it and try some different things :confused2:

Bill page 10 of the manual tells you how to change it . I didnt touch mine but it's worth trying .

I never set it that low Garrett, always set it where I wanted it.
I guess I will check my connections first then reset it and try some different things :confused2:

working with computers for a living, i'd try that first. easier to test without redlining!

you set the cylinders correct right? it wasn't reading 4k thinking it was 8, 9k?

Have you set the sensitivity setting? Maybe need to change that? To reset to default turn off ignition hold both buttons at same time while turning ignition back on after 5 second unit will flash to let you know its set to default settings .

FINALLY GOT IT,,,
I reset everything and it started going crazy again over 4k rpm's, so I minimized the sensitivity setting and it works great now. didn't try it on the road yet , but playing with it in my shed I can tell its correct now. I never thought to mess with the advanced settings cause I couldn't get the basic settings correct. So thanks for the help, I really appreciate it

FINALLY GOT IT,,,
I reset everything and it started going crazy again over 4k rpm's, so I minimized the sensitivity setting and it works great now. didn't try it on the road yet , but playing with it in my shed I can tell its correct now. I never thought to mess with the advanced settings cause I couldn't get the basic settings correct. So thanks for the help, I really appreciate it

awesome news bud! i remember mentioning that to you when we first talked about this when you got it!

God damn you guys, just when I think I'm done with add ons here comes something else I never thought I'd need :bang head:. Pretty useful head up display all jokes aside and handy considering that lowering my head to my nut sack to read the tach while I'm covering the pavement at some unholy rate of knots is unacceptable. Why ever did Yamaha think fit to supply such a rev hound of a bike with a tach smaller than a womans wristwatch and then mount it out of peripheral vision and forget a rev limiter ?
God bless em though, it looks tough.
Part is ordered as we speak lol.

Chris.

Chris-

Your post was similar to something I wrote a few weeks back. Hit it hard and how the hell can I keep my eyes up for traffic etc and read a child's watch. Someone said light and so the torch is passed.

Good to meet you!!

Lee
VMOA 5652

Youll love this little gadget for all that it has to offer! I did a review of it in the last Winter VBoost magazine too. Gotta love this mod for sure......

God damn you guys, just when I think I'm done with add ons here comes something else I never thought I'd need :bang head:. Pretty useful head up display all jokes aside and handy considering that lowering my head to my nut sack to read the tach while I'm covering the pavement at some unholy rate of knots is unacceptable. Why ever did Yamaha think fit to supply such a rev hound of a bike with a tach smaller than a womans wristwatch and then mount it out of peripheral vision and forget a rev limiter ?
God bless em though, it looks tough.
Part is ordered as we speak lol.

Chris.

Just installed one - wired it up under the left scoop instead of directly @ the tach. If I were super picky I would have crimped on some loops to the unit's cables and then just added it to the a existing terminals on the bottom of the tach. That would be the cleanest way to install it IMO, but I wasn't that picky about it and it was otherwise too cramped there for me to be comfortable making a good pressure splice or well done solder joint.

So I used posi-taps from where I traced the tach cables and a posi-lock to run an extra length of ground from the headlight bucket. Maybe somebody else sees a ground in that left scoop, but I swear I spent 20-30 minutes tracing out all the black wires to find each one had a white or yellow stripe on it when I looked hard enough. I think it's all actually ground somewhere under the airbox or on the right scoop behind the radiator. Running a splice off a ground in the headlight bucket was the easiest/cleanest thing I could think of after being shocked nothing local was there.

Pics:
http://www.vmaxforum.net/showpost.php?p=310897&postcount=5968

Got it all configured. As many have said - at the out of the box config it was off for the max, and not in an entirely obvious way.

First start and around 900rpms the first light would go, but then I had a full 2 lights at 1500rpms or so. That was too far off, so I RTFM'd and bumped the adjustment on the RPM reader up one notch to 1 : Wasted Spark. Was dead nuts on from there.

I changed the shift increment from 1000rpm to 500rpm, set the low at 5,000rpm and the high at 8,500rpm. I was on the fence about setting it right at 9,000, but I don't think I have the reflexes some of you dragsters do and figured I'll baby the engine by shifting it just below it's 9k redline instead of @ the 9k redline. I know some of the older maxes actually have a 9.5k redline - but the 2006 says 9k even.

Anybody tinker with the battery meter settings? Is the 16V over-voltage alarm sufficient?

Got it all configured. As many have said - at the out of the box config it was off for the max, and not in an entirely obvious way.

First start and around 900rpms the first light would go, but then I had a full 2 lights at 1500rpms or so. That was too far off, so I RTFM'd and bumped the adjustment on the RPM reader up one notch to 1 : Wasted Spark. Was dead nuts on from there.

I changed the shift increment from 1000rpm to 500rpm, set the low at 5,000rpm and the high at 8,500rpm. I was on the fence about setting it right at 9,000, but I don't think I have the reflexes some of you dragsters do and figured I'll baby the engine by shifting it just below it's 9k redline instead of @ the 9k redline. I know some of the older maxes actually have a 9.5k redline - but the 2006 says 9k even.

Anybody tinker with the battery meter settings? Is the 16V over-voltage alarm sufficient?

i let the voltage settings stay they way they programmed them.

Got my shift light installed today. Installation was straightforward, now I'm looking for some tips on getting it calibrated. According to the instructions I changed the low setting to 3000 rpm, the first light still comes on at around 1500 rpm, I set the upper setting at 9000 rpm, the first red comes on about 5000 rpm. Any suggestions on how to improve the accuracy? So far I really like it, just a matter of getting it reading correctly. :ummm:

I had a video on this but I lost everything on my phone ill look on computer see if I have em there I can't remember off top of my head

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Got my shift light installed today. Installation was straightforward, now I'm looking for some tips on getting it calibrated. According to the instructions I changed the low setting to 3000 rpm, the first light still comes on at around 1500 rpm, I set the upper setting at 9000 rpm, the first red comes on about 5000 rpm. Any suggestions on how to improve the accuracy? So far I really like it, just a matter of getting it reading correctly. :ummm:

sounds like its half of what it should be, are you set for 2 cylinders?

Went out for a test ride today. I changed the setting up one notch to No 1, wasted spark same as gamorg02, all is well now, first light comes on at 3000, red at 9000 rpm. It's a nice unit, well put together, I'm happy.

Went out for a test ride today. I changed the setting up one notch to No 1, wasted spark same as gamorg02, all is well now, first light comes on at 3000, red at 9000 rpm. It's a nice unit, well put together, I'm happy.

nice

Latest posts

Back