Ecliptech Shift LIGHTS

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's exactly what I was going for but at the stock setting, I already had 4 lights at 3k rpm. I really want to get the most out of it when I need/want it. At the "1" setting, the light comes on just a little before it should according to my tach. So with setting the light at 3K for the initial, I figure it's only pushing 2600-2750 rpm's for the first light and then +1000 for each additional. At ".5" the "stock setting" on mine, I'd be short shifting severely. Although good on the engine, weak on the soul. I've got a really nice Snap ON timing light with a built in Tachometer. I am going to have to hook it up and verify my tach readings before I try to adjust further. This is a neat product but I'm starting to suspect it's accuracy is questionable. Although, even if it's not 100% accurate, it's still a good tool to keep from blowing your motor but even at the discounted price I guess I'm feeling a bit of disappointment. In a competition setting, you require accuracy of your instruments. I have no plans of racing this bike competitively but for $140 bucks, I'd like to know I can dust a 750 Ninja in a straight line without blowing my motor and the wimpy little stock tach that only you belly button can read is useless.
I'm gonna do some more tweaking and checking before I condemn the part but so far it seems more like a dorky tuner gadget than a true performance instrument.
More comments and opinions to come I'm sure.....

That's exactly what I was going for but at the stock setting, I already had 4 lights at 3k rpm. I really want to get the most out of it when I need/want it. At the "1" setting, the light comes on just a little before it should according to my tach. So with setting the light at 3K for the initial, I figure it's only pushing 2600-2750 rpm's for the first light and then +1000 for each additional. At ".5" the "stock setting" on mine, I'd be short shifting severely. Although good on the engine, weak on the soul. I've got a really nice Snap ON timing light with a built in Tachometer. I am going to have to hook it up and verify my tach readings before I try to adjust further. This is a neat product but I'm starting to suspect it's accuracy is questionable. Although, even if it's not 100% accurate, it's still a good tool to keep from blowing your motor but even at the discounted price I guess I'm feeling a bit of disappointment. In a competition setting, you require accuracy of your instruments. I have no plans of racing this bike competitively but for $140 bucks, I'd like to know I can dust a 750 Ninja in a straight line without blowing my motor and the wimpy little stock tach that only you belly button can read is useless.
I'm gonna do some more tweaking and checking before I condemn the part but so far it seems more like a dorky tuner gadget than a true performance instrument.
More comments and opinions to come I'm sure.....

I'm having the same issues with mine, gonna try and play with it some more but i'm getting frustrated too. If you figure it out, please let me know

will do. So many post about how good it is but no bad, I don't think we were cheated. Just got to figure this thing out. I have to work tomorrow and if I don't get a chance before then, I'll be flogging this baby all the way there. I'd like to see how it works throughout the rpm range in each gear plus figure out this cruising mode thingy? Hopefully, I'll get some time to throw the old tattle tail Snap On on there and verify the stock tach readings. My next day off is Wednesday and I'll bet I got something figured out by then. Let you know

hmmm. let me double check my settings at lunch for you guys eh?

its weird mine works great and yours doesn't? how is your signal connection?

mine def isn't 100% on, its like +/- 150-200 rpms off at times. but i mean a digitital light is going to respond faster than an analog needle in my mind. my harlan shift light never matched the rpms exactly either..

either way i'll double check. interesting thing i just read in the manual is that it looks like there are 7 lights so 7 steps but then the lights blink at an eigth interval. so if mine is set for 3-9k it might be different than i thought. i'll check my calibration value too.

thought maybe bills analog old ignition could be the culprit but gt2roadracers seems similar and its an 01....

hmmm. let me double check my settings at lunch for you guys eh?

its weird mine works great and yours doesn't? how is your signal connection?

mine def isn't 100% on, its like +/- 150-200 rpms off at times. but i mean a digitital light is going to respond faster than an analog needle in my mind. my harlan shift light never matched the rpms exactly either..

either way i'll double check. interesting thing i just read in the manual is that it looks like there are 7 lights so 7 steps but then the lights blink at an eigth interval. so if mine is set for 3-9k it might be different than i thought. i'll check my calibration value too.

thought maybe bills analog old ignition could be the culprit but gt2roadracers seems similar and its an 01....

Ya im not sure whats up with this thing , but im struggling with it.
gonna play with it some more this weekend and hopefully figure it out.

I have mine set 3 to 9 and it blinks right on 9000, below 9000 it does read low but that is ok for me as long as the blink is at 9000

I have mine set 3 to 9 and it blinks right on 9000, below 9000 it does read low but that is ok for me as long as the blink is at 9000
Seems like the higher the RPM, the more accurate it seems to be according to the stock Tach. I haven't had time to play with it anymore yet. My next day off is Wednesday. Hopefully can tweak it some more and get it right on. It doesn't seem to be too far off on the "1" setting and at the lower RPM's, I'm gonna shift according to sound anyway.

Ordered mine today! Can't wait! Awesome customer service I talked to jeff for about 20 minutes on the phone

for all You guys that have these, are they working good still. Did you get the bugs worked out.

No bugs here!!! If I ever figure out the video I have three videos I made about programming this.. maybe one day we do the CBR tail light and shift light?!?!

No bugs here!!! If I ever figure out the video I have three videos I made about programming this.. maybe one day we do the CBR tail light and shift light?!?!

Sounds good Matt. I'm gearing up for my tax check, or should I say the Monkey is gearing up:rofl_200:

love mine. even emailed the eliptech guys about a bug i thought i had they emailed me back in 2 days explaining I had found an obscure 'feature' and they were right on.

basically once the bike gets turned off, i think 5-10s the lights will start blinking at you. i thought it was my upper limit setting getting turned on. turns out it'll tell you your max RPMs since it was powered on.

Got my light installed today, got most of it figured out. Comes on at 3,000 and redlines at 9,250. I've read through the book a few times, but I can't find how to set it up like medicineman has his in post #39 of this thread. A single light all the way up through. anybody know how this is accomplished, or labeled in the book. Light is great. :punk:

I went on there sight and downloaded the manual (same one that was sent). I found what I was looking for. I was looking in advanced features, but the info was in the basic features section. Instructions are a little vague on this,but I'll get it tomorrow.

Awesome!! I was wondering if you were gonna call glad you got it on there... did u splice wires? I used terminals and screwed them on the back of tach the screws are long enough to go threw both

I never got mine working correctly. set it up like the manual says, and it tests fine but when I get on the road above 4k rpm's it goes crazy and gets out of control flashes. I called them 2 days ago and asked if maybe I had a defective unit, they said its very rare and to check all my connections again. then if that doesn't work look at the trouble shooting page on the website.
Hope I figure it out soon...

I just stripped the ends, loosened the screws and wrapped the wire around the screw and retightened. Probably not the best way, but seems pretty secure.

Something up with yours Bill, Everything worked as it should with mine. the only difficulty was figuring out the right button(s), for the right function. I wonder if you were to disconnected the power, maybe it would reset it. :confused2:

Have you set the sensitivity setting? Maybe need to change that? To reset to default turn off ignition hold both buttons at same time while turning ignition back on after 5 second unit will flash to let you know its set to default settings .

Latest posts

Back