Ecliptech Shift LIGHTS

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmax2extreme

Reaction score
I have just tested an ecliptech shift-i shift light and these things are great. Fully waterproof and all LED progressively. Fully programmable shift light with integrated volt meter and alternator tester. Took me about 30 minutes tops to wire and mount this unit. VERY EASY INSTALLATION!!!

I worked a deal from a local reseller so instead of the $169 plus shipping from oversees, we can get it for $139 shipped in all formats.

Here is the link from the MFG:

http://ecliptech-us.com/

For this deal, you need to contact:
Garm @ Micro Image
818-610-3635

Tell Garm or Jeff that your from the VMAXFORUM for the discount!

Attachments

• IMG_5107.jpg
    IMG_5107.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_5111.jpg
    IMG_5111.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 357
Last edited:
Michael,
very sweet looking shift light ! Can't wait to see it on your bike at Thunder. I'm looking to get more details about how you like it and all the other cool stuff it can do !
Damn, I think I feel the Mod Monkey starting to bite again !! :kewlpics:

That is Slick, Like a Christmat Tree where you can actually see it...
Thanx for posting this info....

oh. my. i want one. i've been wanting a dual stage shift light but this would efinitely work. gotta put it on the list.

can you post up some detailed pics of the back? such as how you mounted it and such?

oh. my. i want one. i've been wanting a dual stage shift light but this would efinitely work. gotta put it on the list.

can you post up some detailed pics of the back? such as how you mounted it and such?

Hi Garrett,

The back of this unit is just a backing plate with 3 20ga wires coming out. I taped all mine up with electrical tape and wired it down the the tack where they all tie into the 3 wires already there. Simple wiring job. I mounted it with the included double sided tape on each end. Fits stable and nicely. Let me know if you need to see or know more. This thing is totally programmable too!

Hi Garrett,

The back of this unit is just a backing plate with 3 20ga wires coming out. I taped all mine up with electrical tape and wired it down the the tack where they all tie into the 3 wires already there. Simple wiring job. I mounted it with the included double sided tape on each end. Fits stable and nicely. Let me know if you need to see or know more. This thing is totally programmable too!

awesome man. i see they give demensions on their website so i'll see if i can mount the center of it in the like 3 or 4 o clock position as it has to clear my EZpass mounted on my flyscreen.

I believe gray is the tach wire but you should probably wait till someone who actually installed a shift light responds to the thread :biglaugh:

I think Garm runs this as a secondary business but he is reliable!

Connections as follows:

Pull off the instrument cluster and look for these 3 wires off the RPM gauge:
black = ground
grey/yellow = tach
brown is switched 12 volt connect

I am not savvy enough to do a video on this. I know when I turn on the bike, it tells me how many volts charge is on my battery, running through the gears I have it setup to start at 2000rpm and goes up to 8000rpm giving me a 1000rpm room for error to shift. When I turn off the bike, it shows me my maximum rpm achieved.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Just got it on! What a breeeze... hardest part is reading these calibration settings. had to read this manuel like 10 times before it starting making sense.

There should be 3 wires coming from the shift light. They should attach to the three that I just listed. I dont have the manual handy to reference what they call the wires, but you must connect all three for it work.

Just got it on! What a breeeze... hardest part is reading these calibration settings. had to read this manuel like 10 times before it starting making sense.

It didnt take much to calibrate it to the bike. Its just that there are so many features just to memorize on how they work!

Enjoy it, I do!

i love this idea, i'll get one eventually, just not sure when.

Latest posts

Back