EFI Project

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Try to retain the V-boost function with the EFI setup?

• Yes

Votes: 16 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 8 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Now i get it.
RPM/trigger angle=Ignition timing. Those first two things must be constant.
Fargo may be right.

What do you say to use 60-2 tooth wheel?
I can modify the flywheel, just give me one :worthy:

I do not want to mess with only one i have :bang head:

A 60-2 might work, but with the rpm that we will be pulling, i would like to use one with less teeth. If rpm gets high with a high tooth count, the ecu might not see all the triggers due to them going by soo fast. I have another flywheel but adding a wheel will require modifying the cover for another sensor. Its placement would have to be very precise. Still wanna keep from having to go that far to keep things simpler. May end up there anyway though....

I can also modify the cover but i understand your dilema.

The concept was to create bolt on system but after diging more into it, its starts to seems far more dificult...

Anway i have an idea how to put sensor and toothed wheel.
I have even idea how to instal the sensor into stock place without modifing
the cover and even make this sensor to be ajustable.
If you would go with that route we may figure out something.

Since pulling the flywheels on these MoFos isnt the easiest thing in the world to do I vote for an external sensor with a seal in the cover. This would make making adjustments a breeze and not have to pull the wheel.

Since pulling the flywheels on these MoFos isnt the easiest thing in the world to do I vote for an external sensor with a seal in the cover. This would make making adjustments a breeze and not have to pull the wheel.
I think we need modify the cover as well...like Gary said: nothing easy on this bike :confused2:

I'm working on the sensor end now and it will be an be external version. It may or may not work we'll see... I'll machine the parts over the Thanksgiving Holiday.

Up until now the contributions Mark and I have received from this board is from Sean supplying parts (Thank You Sean) and lots of praise and thought from everybody with the hopes that we'll come up with a cheap EFI setup. The crank sensor isn't rocket science, in fact.... it's what every aftermarket stand alone EFI supplier recommends. The EFI setup Wild brother's sells is the toothed wheel setup. I'm sure he'd happy to do the mod.

I have a spare flywheel of Marks here and would be happy to send the wheel (I'll pay shipping) if some one on this list is willing to pay for the mod to see the project progress quicker. Yes you can contribute monetarily and help.

Understand that I have hundreds of hours and dollars in this project. I have sent 2 sets of injectors (Marks) to Italy free of charge do you think there would have been some collaboration on their part, where are they now? Their using a toothed wheel and their version is running.

Had to laugh the other day http://www.saarloos.net/content/view/74/77/ Look familliar? I remember this guy posting Nitrousbrother.... where is he?

There are a couple of people on this board that have setups from Wild Brother's How come nobody has offered any feedback from their experience with the setup? :confused2:

Sorry for the rant but the people that have offered more than words will be rewarded. Again... Thank you Mark and Sean.

I'm working on the sensor end now and it will be an be external version. It may or may not work we'll see... I'll machine the parts over the Thanksgiving Holiday.

Up until now the contributions Mark and I have received from this board is from Sean supplying parts (Thank You Sean) and lots of praise and thought from everybody with the hopes that we'll come up with a cheap EFI setup. The crank sensor isn't rocket science, in fact.... it's what every aftermarket stand alone EFI supplier recommends. The EFI setup Wild brother's sells is the toothed wheel setup. I'm sure he'd happy to do the mod.

I have a spare flywheel of Marks here and would be happy to send the wheel (I'll pay shipping) if some one on this list is willing to pay for the mod to see the project progress quicker. Yes you can contribute monetarily and help.

Understand that I have hundreds of hours and dollars in this project. I have sent 2 sets of injectors (Marks) to Italy free of charge do you think there would have been some collaboration on their part, where are they now? Their using a toothed wheel and their version is running.

Had to laugh the other day http://www.saarloos.net/content/view/74/77/ Look familliar? I remember this guy posting Nitrousbrother.... where is he?

There are a couple of people on this board that have setups from Wild Brother's How come nobody has offered any feedback from their experience with the setup? :confused2:

Sorry for the rant but the people that have offered more than words will be rewarded. Again... Thank you Mark and Sean.
Hmmm...what can i say besides you are completly right.

Some people just dont have skills or afraid to spent much money and with the risk they get nothing.

Personaly i would gladly buy Haltech, sensors and even more and sat my ass on the chair in garage and dont move until figure out something but its not that simple in this counrty to have 3k$ for play with yuor toys. Many people here can get that money working for year. I would gladly go with that route and sure ill do but with my own beat.

What i've done so far is buying some TB's, some inteligent cop's and even mount them on valve covers. Still fighting with tb's linkage but not much far to finish. Also working with my spare gas tank, mostly cutting and welding. Wanna to notch the tank a little and use cbr600 pump to work with mu koso speedo with fuel gauge.

You're the great machnist, Mark is great electrican, Sean is a suplier.
I guess no place for me, what can i do? Guess nothing then copy some ideas...

Yeah we're all badasses and only we can do is Thank you for your work.
And thats it.

Let me see what I have stored in the shop for pickup units. I have a couple of custom setups that might be adapted to the cause. Also, I even have a ford ignition on my drag bike and not sure what was all done there but maybe it can be copied over to make it work.

Pics soon!

Sean

Gary
Tell me what/how much it requires and it is done. Seriously. I will also pull the flywheel off my 90 and send it as well so those that have later models can work.
Cheers

Guys... please accept my apology. Had one of those days.... This is the best forum on the planet! Just thought when I started this project we would have had more of a team effort to doing the hardware. Guess my expectations of the human race are a bit high. There are people on this forum that are capable.

Stay tuned were going to have a nice setup by summer. Simple and easily upgradeable to the turbo level...promise. And that's what I'm talkin about. :biglaugh:

RagingMain Thank You for the offer. Do you think you can get a hold of Bill and see what he would charge for the mod. If it's too much... I'll do it but I'd rather concentrate on the next version of induction. I will do the external crank sensor setup this weekend and that would be the cats ass if it works... No mods on the crank end.

Hmmm...what can i say besides you are completly right.

Some people just dont have skills or afraid to spent much money and with the risk they get nothing.

Personaly i would gladly buy Haltech, sensors and even more and sat my ass on the chair in garage and dont move until figure out something but its not that simple in this counrty to have 3k$ for play with yuor toys. Many people here can get that money working for year. I would gladly go with that route and sure ill do but with my own beat.

What i've done so far is buying some TB's, some inteligent cop's and even mount them on valve covers. Still fighting with tb's linkage but not much far to finish. Also working with my spare gas tank, mostly cutting and welding. Wanna to notch the tank a little and use cbr600 pump to work with mu koso speedo with fuel gauge.

You're the great machnist, Mark is great electrican, Sean is a suplier.
I guess no place for me, what can i do? Guess nothing then copy some ideas...

Yeah we're all badasses and only we can do is Thank you for your work.
And thats it.

Great! Put up some pics when you have some time.

Guys... please accept my apology. Had one of those days.... This is the best forum on the planet! Just thought when I started this project we would have had more of a team effort to doing the hardware. Guess my expectations of the human race are a bit high. There are people on this forum that are capable.

Stay tuned were going to have a nice setup by summer. Simple and easily upgradeable to the turbo level...promise. And that's what I'm talkin about. :biglaugh:

RagingMain Thank You for the offer. Do you think you can get a hold of Bill and see what he would charge for the mod. If it's too much... I'll do it but I'd rather concentrate on the next version of induction. I will do the external crank sensor setup this weekend and that would be the cats ass if it works... No mods on the crank end.

Gary
Sure I can do that. Will try to today and see what I can come up with.
Cheers

Great! Put up some pics when you have some time.
I shut some projects temporaly after my crash, those insurance
jerks didnt paid for evrything and i must pay for many things from my wallet
and mu budget was little overloaded.
Im waiting for a court trial an we will see who will be laughing last.
Never mind.

What be the first is the notched tank with bulit in cbr fuel pump.
That pump have built in fuel level sensor and its very falt at the bottom so no problem with clearance with swingarm. You've had that kind of problems , huh? :) No biggie tough.

My goal is 20 liters but battery relocation in necessery but i have much space on my fiberglass tail.

Sure ill will post some pictures when i will make some serious progress.

Maybe i will be able to finish the valve covers to use those COP's from Toyotas. Maybe i will be able to donate that work so you gyus can figure out
if that will work. Im sure it will.

Hello
Is there anymore info on efi, new and was blown away. Lots of talent.
Thx.
omnimax

I am waiting on Gary, Turbo Vmax to give me a call back about the different triggers available.

Well crap, I have left a few calls with Gary too and am not getting a bit worried about him. Anyone live near enough to him to do a drive over (I have his address)??

Sean

yea i haven't heard in a couple weeks now. maybe RayVin is close. I know rick is about an hour or so i think...

Well crap, I have left a few calls with Gary too and am not getting a bit worried about him. Anyone live near enough to him to do a drive over (I have his address)??

Sean

+ 1. I was hoping all was OK with him. :ummm:

I put a call in but I didn't get to speak with him personally however, I hear from his household that all is well. :thumbs up: He was out of town for a few days for work and and has been caught up in life. We all know how that goes. Glad to hear he is doing good!

+ 1. I was hoping all was OK with him. :ummm:

I put a call in but I didn't get to speak with him personally however, I hear from his household that all is well. :thumbs up: He was out of town for a few days for work and and has been caught up in life. We all know how that goes. Glad to hear he is doing good!

thats good news. in this economy its good to be busy.

He lives about 15 minutes from me. I am sure everythings cool. His job sends him around the world for fab and R&D work.....very skilled individual that ol' Gary

He lives about 15 minutes from me. I am sure everythings cool. His job sends him around the world for fab and R&D work.....very skilled individual that ol' Gary

Well drop by his house and let him know we all miss him here and are looking forward to moving on with this project :eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Back