Exactrep

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dezeez

Reaction score
I like the clear engine covers for the Max and while you can buy clear water pump and clutch covers from several vendors, Only Exactrep in England sells the middle gear and stator covers. (Unless you want Otec, super expensive and not a style I like).

I ordered their clear middle gear cover and was really pissed at the condition of the finish. I've attached a before and after picture. The before is how I received it and the after is how it looks after 15 minutes of sanding and $12 of engine paint.

I complained and was told that it's a defective casting and that's how it comes from Yamaha. They just cut the hole and install the clear cover. Of course, the one in the catalog doesn't look like this.

My reply was that if you're charging me a premium price for a custom cover and you can't take the time to make it look good, then you don't give a hoot about your customers.

Shipping it back wasn't an option since they said they were all like this and besides, I have no one else to buy from. What really ticks me off is that if I still want a clear stator cover, I'm forced to buy from them again.

I would suggest that anyone buying from Exactrep demand a photo of the actual part that is being shipped to them before completing the transaction. And if you can get the same part here in the states, stay away from them.

They did say that they've gotten other complaints on this item and are considering mentioning the finish proplem in the catalog.

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 127
  • after.jpg
    after.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 128
He's right... I notice that on several Yamaha parts on my 2006... The oil pan has them... I think it's due to shrinking of the aluminum when cooling and as long as it's hidden Yamaha doesn't care.

hi,
i can also get these covers for you if you wish,and i can probably beat their price too.
mail me [email protected]
thanks

cool site by the way:eusa_dance:

hi,
i will as soon as i find my way round the site:ummm:

how and where should i put pics of my bike up?

Hello and Welcome! Please come back often, look around, read up on everything about our awesome Vmax's! Ask questions, post solutions, hook a brother (or sister!) up with a hot deal, and enjoy the idle (sometimes more like WOT! :biglaugh:) conversations here on Vmax Forums.
There is a couple of places you can put your Vmax pics on the site. One is the "Garage" and the other one is the "Gallery". There also is a great "FAQ" section and within it tells you how to go about posting pictures.
Again welcome to the site!:punk:

hi,
i can also get these covers for you if you wish,and i can probably beat their price too.
mail me [email protected]
thanks

cool site by the way:eusa_dance:

I'm definetely interested in dealing with you. You should let everyone on the site know what you can get.

My bitch with Exactrep is that they should have been up front about the finish problem. They could have easily fixed it like I did or even powdercoated it for the price they sell them for. Once the clear window is on, powdercoating is not an option.

i find it hard to believe they sent it out like that,i am good friends with the guy who makes them and if he re-furbs a second hand one then they all get re-coated first,he wouldn`t be happy with that finish either.
i can get all cases windowed and at the moment we are trying to sort out a clutch cover that has engraving on the inside that lights up.
i`ll keep you posted on that one.

i`m on holiday as from thursday so when i get back i`ll post up what i have and what i can get hold of for you guys:punk:

By the way Spread, just remenber this was a Brand New 'Genuine Yamaha' Part, which as you know, does not get recoated by Dave.

End of story.

Guys...

I've dealt with several things from Exactrep...always on time and on par with carbtune....that means fast shipping.

Neil

Guys...

I've dealt with several things from Exactrep...always on time and on par with carbtune....that means fast shipping.

Neil

Yep same here. I bought the HAC sissy bar from them and was very pleased as it took less time to get here than buying some Vmax things here in the States...:damn angry: My thoughts are that if it came like that stock then no big whoop but I DO see where you're coming from with "For what I paid" but it still gets covered up by the rear set unless you are running non stock rear sets. :confused2:

They did say that they've gotten other complaints on this item and are considering mentioning the finish proplem in the catalog.

:ranting: This is appalling business practice and the worst kind of customer service.

I don't give a shit whether the original Yamaha part has a casting flaw or not because Exactrep have advertised, pictured and supplied a customized part under their brand name and charged premium money for the product.

You have every right to expect to receive the goods as they were represented.

Having received prior complaints and taking NO ACTION to correct their advertising of the product is unconscionable conduct.

The fact that they knew about the flaw and chose neither to correct the flaw, nor correct the 'flawless' picture in their promotional material nor provide any written consumer advisory that drew the prospective purchaser to the flaw IS DECEPTIVE.

Arrogant Bastards. :angry flame:

Last edited:
By the way Spread, just remenber this was a Brand New 'Genuine Yamaha' Part, which as you know, does not get recoated by Dave.

End of story.

End of story my ass. I didn't buy anything from "Dave". I bought from Exactrep. Show a little pride in what you sell. Make "Dave" fix 'em like he does the refurbs.

I can relate to what your saying I also bought all 4 covers off them
And mine looked the exact same way. And they told me the exact same thing. And another thing they forget to mention is if you send your covers back to them and insure them. (I think I insured the ones I sent back for 250.00) they will charge you another 60.00
for import tax.Which they forget to tell me. until it was too late.
So you add this charge to the shipping charge. and what you could sell you old covers for on ebay or somewhere it would be a lot cheaper just to buy them out right instead of the exchange program. just encase anybody was thinking about ordering a set.
but of course this hasnt stopped me from ordering things from them.

End of story my ass. I didn't buy anything from "Dave". I bought from Exactrep. Show a little pride in what you sell. Make "Dave" fix 'em like he does the refurbs.

Personnally i think its disgusting to be sent something that they know you wont be happy with unless it did slip through unnoticed , these companies know what we do and spend on our bikes otherwise they wouldnt keep making the products, maybe its time for someone with a bit of knowledge to produce a better quality product and undercut them as well as the majority of these parts etc arent cheap . Especially when they send products overseas that arent up to our standards .

Both Yamaha and Exactrep should take note as we all keep them in business, for all they know i could have an 09 ordered and looking to personally modify it.
Not saying these guys dont do a good job just listen to your customers once in awhile:punk:

I almost think that those covers are done by dave F on www.vmaxchat.co.uk.

Look in the for sale section... His prices are pretty good compared to others....You just need to send him yours for cores

Scooter

Im doing clear covers myself, generator too.

Evry v-max main shaft cover has those, like Chris mentioned Yama donest care if its not visible...

But if they charge THAT money they should polish it...

Back