fastest production vmax...?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This question has been around and around with no real definitive answer....with that in mind I performed an exhaustive study on the subject of which year Max is the fastest and do....finally...have an answer!!

I won't bore everybody with all the reference documents, engineering studies and factory research testing results that were incorporated in the results, they are long, tedious and to be honest, quite boring.

So, without further rambling.....here are the results!!

There is No Specific Year V Max that has a faster motor than any other year...it is not in the engine at all....it's all about the paint!!

ANY of the carbon fiber model V Max's, '99 - '02, are substantially faster than all the other Gen-I bikes simply because of the reduced 'air adhesion factor' of the carbon fiber finish. Or simply put.....the carbon fiber bikes are just more 'slippery'!

The dark carbon fiber models, '99 - '00 have a slightly lower 'air adhesion factor' than the lighter colored models, '01 - '02 due to their ability to retain a slightly higher solar heat index, making them slightly warmer and able to slip thru the air easier.

I hope this answers the question once and for all!

Thank you, thank you.....yes, yes, you're welcome....thank you!! :worthy:

wow im blown away. youre a genius man you must work for nasa!

Everyone knows that 97's are the fastest, namely MINE:biglaugh:
Well actually the fastest Vmax was in Jim's garage at that time. I must say that the photograph was expertly taken and really made Toxic look fast, but it was just some trick photography in the end!:biglaugh:

Well actually the fastest Vmax was in Jim's garage at that time. I must say that the photograph was expertly taken and really made Toxic look fast, but it was just some trick photography in the end!:biglaugh:

ROFLMAO!!!! Yes the pics were taken by an old pro.

This question has been around and around with no real definitive answer....with that in mind I performed an exhaustive study on the subject of which year Max is the fastest and do....finally...have an answer!!

I won't bore everybody with all the reference documents, engineering studies and factory research testing results that were incorporated in the results, they are long, tedious and to be honest, quite boring.

So, without further rambling.....here are the results!!

There is No Specific Year V Max that has a faster motor than any other year...it is not in the engine at all....it's all about the paint!!

ANY of the carbon fiber model V Max's, '99 - '02, are substantially faster than all the other Gen-I bikes simply because of the reduced 'air adhesion factor' of the carbon fiber finish. Or simply put.....the carbon fiber bikes are just more 'slippery'!

The dark carbon fiber models, '99 - '00 have a slightly lower 'air adhesion factor' than the lighter colored models, '01 - '02 due to their ability to retain a slightly higher solar heat index, making them slightly warmer and able to slip thru the air easier.

I hope this answers the question once and for all!

Thank you, thank you.....yes, yes, you're welcome....thank you!! :worthy:

Under most circumstances I would agree with you that the drag coefficient for the CF Max's would indeed make them the fastest model. BUT, if you look closely at Toxic you will note that I used Graphite paint. Now as Graphite is a form of carbon, well you get the picture. Add to the fact that I have achieved a shape that provides for perfect laminar flow around the bike and myself you can see where as a 97 Toxic is the fastest:biglaugh:

Under most circumstances I would agree with you that the drag coefficient for the CF Max's would indeed make them the fastest model. BUT, if you look closely at Toxic you will note that I used Graphite paint. Now as Graphite is a form of carbon, well you get the picture. Add to the fact that I have achieved a shape that provides for perfect laminar flow around the bike and myself you can see where as a 97 Toxic is the fastest:biglaugh:

A most valid argument that I'm sure can be proven but.....observe the title of the thread. "....Fastest PRODUCTION v max! Toxic is without a doubt much faster than the other bikes in this discussion but is clearly not a production motorcycle!! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

A most valid argument that I'm sure can be proven but.....observe the title of the thread. "....Fastest PRODUCTION v max! Toxic is without a doubt much faster than the other bikes in this discussion but is clearly not a production motorcycle!! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Damn I hate when you are right.....:rofl_200:

WOW... this tread has been a great read...lol

you guys are funny!!

I can see that there is much dissagreement about why the purple 85's are faster than anything else ..

just one more question.... I heard that the 85's also are the only year to have two PSSY magnets installed from the factory... is that true....?

Everything I ride is fast when i'm on it.
I have a heavy wrist.

but back on subject. the 85 has more legend status than ANY other year.

no one will come up to you and say. "wow" thats a 97,03, 05 those are the fast ones"
But they all know about the 85.

WOW... this tread has been a great read...lol

you guys are funny!!

I can see that there is much dissagreement about why the purple 85's are faster than anything else ..

just one more question.... I heard that the 85's also are the only year to have two PSSY magnets installed from the factory... is that true....?[/QUOTE]

This is true Bacchus, the '85's did come equipped with two PSSY magnets fabricated inside the rear horizontal frame rails. This was a great mystery initially....why was it that only the '85 model max's were attracting all the PSSY?

I was fortunate enough to own an '85 at the time and so the 'mystery' was of no concern to me! However there were many other guys who were very concerned.....the guys owning '86 - '89 models. By the way, this whole issue surfaced early in 1989.

So a study was undertaken, a couple wrecked '85's were purchased by the collective and turned over to the Cal Tech engineers spearheading the project. RPI and MIT became involved in the study and were quickly able to duplicate the OEM PSSY magnets with a similar, and slightly more effective device.

Operatives were dispatched to retrofit all '86 - '89 models currently on the streets (this was a 'black-ops' mission with no publicity) and additional operatives placed at all POE's (Point of Entry) to retrofit new imports.

Bottom line....ALL V Max motorcycles on the streets of America are now equipped with PSSY magnets.....this is obvious and needs no further explaination. :punk:

thats funny. buddy of mine said his gsxr1000 was a pssy magnet.
i said it must be. it attracted you.

"thats funny. buddy of mine said his gsxr1000 was a pssy magnet.
i said it must be. it attracted you."

see.... that's what I'm talkin' about right there !! Funny MFers around here....lol

Back