fastest production vmax...?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok guys sorry for bad news.. but you are all wrong. the fastest factory production gen 1 V-max. IS NOT YOURS ..... BECAUSE IS MINE. XEXEXEXEXEXE MOUXAXAXAXA. :rofl_200:

It's obviously the one with the lightest rider. Duh.

However, US spec Max's were the fastest by a long shot. Euro and Japanese spec ones got neutered with a de-tuned motor and no v-boost, and I seem to remember reading Japanese spec ones had a ignition interrupt switch inside the speedometer that limited the top speed of the bike to around 190km/h, or around ~115mph.

the speedo switch i think is a rumor. when i replaced mine with a digital one ,i made a surgery to my speedo, and i didn't find any switch or system that will hold the bike to some speed. there are Europe V-max 's with v-boost's e.t.c not only in the us. onl to the country's which have limitation to 100hp. japan have this limitiation.

It's obviously the one with the lightest rider. Duh.

However, US spec Max's were the fastest by a long shot. Euro and Japanese spec ones got neutered with a de-tuned motor and no v-boost, and I seem to remember reading Japanese spec ones had a ignition interrupt switch inside the speedometer that limited the top speed of the bike to around 190km/h, or around ~115mph.

In the Blue corner,weighing in at 150lb's is the fastest max,an 89 named mableleane(mable for short) with an american balls interrupt good to at least 150mph.

looks like this thread has stirred some vmax controversy...lol

all I can say is I hope purple is a fast color !!!:punk:

Common.....................Everyone knows silver is the fastest color!............Especially in 97 flavor.....................:biglaugh:

what i hear arou nd here is that 85-89 were bigger engines..

i see it on the 89 ads all the time. "last year for the big motor!"

LOL! Some of the stuff you hear is outrageous!!

A guy walked up to me as I was leaving the bank, looked at my '99 and said...."V Max, huh? Did you know the first year they imported these bikes some guy got killed on one, they recalled all of them and stored them in a barn while the government tested them?"

I'm about to piss my pants...."No, I didn't know that!!" :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Legend lads....we drive a legend!! :punk:

The fastest VMax is the one between your legs ...
eusa_dance.gif

Yankee

The 85 Vmax might the fastest if you change the v-boost tubes to the size of the 86 model or newer. :rocket bike:Hmmm! I wonder if that would really make a difference in the performanceof an 85 :ummm: Anyone with an opinion on this ? Has anybody with an 85 tried this?

The 85 Vmax might the fastest if you change the v-boost tubes to the size of the 86 model or newer. :rocket bike:Hmmm! I wonder if that would really make a difference in the performanceof an 85 :ummm: Anyone with an opinion on this ? Has anybody with an 85 tried this?

good point. thats also why i wonder how big the stage 7 tubes are.

Stage 7 does not change the tube size of the Vboost, it does however have the Vboost open at all times. The airbox is removed and 4 pod filters are put in place, different jets are utilized, along with a crankcase breather tube that runs from the oil fill cap location.

but has anyone measured the inner diameter of the stage 7 tubes.
are they bigger inside, the same as 85's or even slightly smaller.
does the size make any difference?
has anyone ever toyed with hogging the stage 7 tubes out as far as possible?
there might be some more power just waiting to be unleashed.
i understand it might take jetting changes to get peak output.
Sean?

I haven't measured the stage seven tubes but there isn't much meat that can be taken out and still leave the groves for the boots to fit into. Additional power is going to be difficult to find compared to what's already been tried. Getting into the engine will be the best way to do.

The fastest configuration you can put a stock bike into would be:
1985 Mufflers
1986 and up V-Boost
1985/1986 Front Wheel (lightest wheel)
Not sure on front ends though I suspect 85-92 will be lighter then 93+. The 85-92 front rotors will be lighter since they are smaller.
Not sure on which rear wheel type (85 I think is heavier but not sure).
1985-1995 Regulator is smaller
1990+ pickups (requires the 90+ flywheel) are single and smaller (so lighter)
I want to say the newer rear diff's/axles (axles are shorter and diffs are narrower).
1990 Relays are smaller

Maybe some other trinkets might change weight ever so slightly.

Sean

even if the vboost is larger then stg 7 tubes, you have the restriction or interference of the vboost butterflies that chg air flow and restrict flow also. so i would think stg 7 flow more or the same at the least if they are smaller in diameter.

sean: didnt 85 have different jetting on two carbs in the rear cause of air flow and to help cool those cylinders:confused2: something like that

I don't know if that's accurate. The larger rear mains are normal for the air cooled bikes that have problems cooling the rear cylinders. The extra fuel helps overcome that. BUT, our bikes are water cooled and that isn't needed.

Sean

Back