fastest production vmax...?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have a service manual that say's front cylider carbs have 152.5 main jet ans rear cylinder carbs have 150 or 150.5 i am not quite sure beacuse the rear cylinders are getting more hot since they are behind and no air hit them, so more heat less oxygen less fuel

i have a service manual that say's front cylider carbs have 152.5 main jet ans rear cylinder carbs have 150 or 150.5 i am not quite sure beacuse the rear cylinders are getting more hot since they are behind and no air hit them, so more heat less oxygen less fuel

My carbs came with the same for both. Usually you see that more in air cooled twin configured engines.

I don't know if that's accurate. The larger rear mains are normal for the air cooled bikes that have problems cooling the rear cylinders. The extra fuel helps overcome that. BUT, our bikes are water cooled and that isn't needed.

Sean

all 4 of my mains are the same. but i foul the right rear plug . about 3 a summer.
maybe i should go down 1 size in the rear carbs. and would it even matter.
since i'm running a stage 7?

bike was running kinda crappy sat. till i did a holeshot.
my buddy said it spit out a black cloud. then took off like a rocket.ran fine after that.

Probably too rich. Maybe that float setting or needle seat is in bad shape.

I don't know if that's accurate. The larger rear mains are normal for the air cooled bikes that have problems cooling the rear cylinders. The extra fuel helps overcome that. BUT, our bikes are water cooled and that isn't needed.

Sean

ya im not sure where i heard that, thought it sounded weird for a liquid cooled, thanks for helping me believe myself hahahah

Can someone tell me what you mean a did a holeshot . I dont know this terminology in your. Can someone explain to me so i can find out what holeshot called in greece

Is it my Alzheimer's kicking in, or do I recall a thread from the Way-Back Machine in which there were a handful of 1,300cc VMaxes that made it out the door at Yamaha one year? If I'm not nuts (and that's a stretch), one would have to think those might be the fastest production Gen1s that were made. :ummm:

Is it my Alzheimer's kicking in, or do I recall a thread from the Way-Back Machine in which there were a handful of 1,300cc VMaxes that made it out the door at Yamaha one year? If I'm not nuts (and that's a stretch), one would have to think those might be the fastest production Gen1s that were made. :ummm:

i remember the same thing, they ran out of castings for the 1200 so used the 1300 ventures or something?

Food for thought

You can look up 100 websites about the max gen 1, alot will differ on what year had what HP but..........85's are never lower than any other year and for the most part higher. And I'm talking about alot of sites...
Man I almost hate to let ya know Buuuuutttt....mines an 85..lololol..

Garrett, here's the thread where we kicked around the mythical 1300 cc VMax. Like Sasquatch, no real evidence. :confused2:

It doesn't look to me like the 'Engine Family' ID# tag in that thread even belongs to a V Max...there's a bunch of numbers/letters missing. The JYA would suggest it's a Yamaha, but that's about all that's useful there. :confused2:

Back