Finally right!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CustomMax

Reaction score
Leave it to a couple Master Vmax gurus to finally solve the issue I had with my MadMax swingarm/ transfer case! I sent my gear case thru Sean to Jedi and now I'm riding it this weekend and so far it's working perfect. I feel very lucky to ever have found this forum otherwise I would have given up on this bike a long while ago! First a HUGE Thank you to Sean for taking on me as a customer that most would have said they couldn't do anything for but he assured me when it was finished his machinist would make it right. And also Thank you to Steve ( Jedi) for his awesome professional machining and design work to accept this challenge and come thru with a truly superior design. They've definetly shown how to resolve an issue and went WAY above and beyond to cure the ills of a poorly made setup. I'll be buying alot more from these vendors and can't stress enough others should too. There are some of the best guys I've ever met on this forum and I appreciate all of those who have helped me and supported my efforts. Guys like Sean, Steve, Rick ( Twistedmax and Captain Kyle and that's just the ones I've had the pleasure of meeting or doing business with. And one more big Thank you to Gary( Buster) for starting this forum in the first place. Ed

Great news,and the weather held out long enough to get a ride in:clapping::clapping::clapping:. you should send Paul a picture , and title it "how it should have been " Anyhow,glad its back together and right! Now go get it ready for the show!

Way to go Ed! Glad to hear your ride is up and running again. Today was pretty warm, I'll bet you put some miles on it?

Wow, I really forgot how cool it is to ride a Vmax. It felt sooo good to ride again. I still have a few minor issues to take care of this winter but figure this: my bike sat outside( under 2 covers and then wrapped in plastic) but it still sat with the whole rear taken off on a jack but as soon as I put it together I put the key in, listened to a whole buch of clicks( fuel pump) then Vrooom, it fired right up like it was a daily rider. These bikes are badass. It is running really good and the top fuel sound of the Kerker 4-1 never sounded better. Thanks guys for the support and I'm really looking forward to meeting you guys at thunder. Tomorrow is another day to run it more to make sure all is well. It does have a slight whining sound that I gotta ask Sean or Steve about. It might be the new tensioner but it only does it when I let off the throttle. But it is tight as a frogs ass( and that's waterproof)! But no lag whatsoever. I'm diggin the new feel and it really does even feel more dependable if that's possible. I'll keep yins posted. Ed

It's new all over again Ed and I know the feeling. Your accolades for the persons you mentioned are right on and I am pretty sure I have dealt with or have spoken to them all. It is a great community like no other bike specific forum.
Hope you continued success on the show circuit and happy riding.

Wow, I really forgot how cool it is to ride a Vmax. It felt sooo good to ride again. I still have a few minor issues to take care of this winter but figure this: my bike sat outside( under 2 covers and then wrapped in plastic) but it still sat with the whole rear taken off on a jack but as soon as I put it together I put the key in, listened to a whole buch of clicks( fuel pump) then Vrooom, it fired right up like it was a daily rider. These bikes are badass. It is running really good and the top fuel sound of the Kerker 4-1 never sounded better. Thanks guys for the support and I'm really looking forward to meeting you guys at thunder. Tomorrow is another day to run it more to make sure all is well. It does have a slight whining sound that I gotta ask Sean or Steve about. It might be the new tensioner but it only does it when I let off the throttle. But it is tight as a frogs ass( and that's waterproof)! But no lag whatsoever. I'm diggin the new feel and it really does even feel more dependable if that's possible. I'll keep yins posted. Ed

Ed,

I am almost afraid to ask how you know how tight a frogs ass is....lol. Glad you are up and running once again. The Northeast has a couple of more warm days left for riding, I think until Tuesday then it cools down again. The whining noise is most likely associated with the tensioner. If it were the new gears, you would hear it all the time. As you said it wasn't on acceleration, but the chain will run with more force on the tensioner during deceleration. I don't know what material Jedi picked for the tensioner, but that will be a wear part. That gearbox, if you believe in the products, may be an excellent candidate for some Lucas or similiar friction/heat reducing products. It should give you more life out of the tensioner than maybe just regular gear oil. Just a thought for you to ponder and discuss with Sean and/or Jedi. Happy riding!

Todd

Great to hear that the swingarm issues got fixed properly Ed and that you're riding again ! Like Tom and Brian said.... look forward to seeing you at the next Thunder with that sweet looking bike of yours !!

Ed,

I am almost afraid to ask how you know how tight a frogs ass is....lol. Glad you are up and running once again. The Northeast has a couple of more warm days left for riding, I think until Tuesday then it cools down again. The whining noise is most likely associated with the tensioner. If it were the new gears, you would hear it all the time. As you said it wasn't on acceleration, but the chain will run with more force on the tensioner during deceleration. I don't know what material Jedi picked for the tensioner, but that will be a wear part. That gearbox, if you believe in the products, may be an excellent candidate for some Lucas or similiar friction/heat reducing products. It should give you more life out of the tensioner than maybe just regular gear oil. Just a thought for you to ponder and discuss with Sean and/or Jedi. Happy riding!

Todd

Todd, I actually talked to Sean and Steve and they confirmed as you did it is the tensioner that. Has the slight whine on Decel but its not loud you can just kinda notice it but I don't mind at all it just reminds me that now its right. And I'll maybe try the heat reducing fluid as you suggested. Thanks Ed

Great to hear that the swingarm issues got fixed properly Ed and that you're riding again ! Like Tom and Brian said.... look forward to seeing you at the next Thunder with that sweet looking bike of yours !!

Jeff, Thanks, I'm really psyched to get out to thunder and hang out and especially ride with you guys but for now I gotta start doing my show prep for late January. Thanks again, Ed

another great vmaxforum story! Gotta love it :)

I've dealt directly with both Sean and Steve and I concur - top product top service all the way!

Back