Fire Fly??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been in contact with Ibrahim since he got kicked off the Yahoo lists. Really a nice guy. I helped him R and R his carb rack over the phone last year. I guess, like many of us, he just gets stressed out once in awhile. It also could be that California sun ya know.

He was also kicked of the VMOA web site too.

IMHO Ibrahim is a complete d*ck head:wkwk::looser:

I have been surprised by the lack of posts by Roger... I wouldn't know any of these people if I bumped into them. The GO FOR THE THROAT attitude really makes me wonder sometimes. I think a little heated discussion is a good thing and common with the cabin fever months. I remember butting heads with Old Man once or twice and still shake my head at some of his replies. It seems like if you are a member of the ELITE under 100 club you get to be a jerk and nobody knows anything. I just don't understand that mentality.

Frank

I have been surprised by the lack of posts by Roger... I wouldn't know any of these people if I bumped into them. The GO FOR THE THROAT attitude really makes me wonder sometimes. I think a little heated discussion is a good thing and common with the cabin fever months. I remember butting heads with Old Man once or twice and still shake my head at some of his replies. It seems like if you are a member of the ELITE under 100 club you get to be a jerk and nobody knows anything. I just don't understand that mentality.

Frank
I told the "old man" that that little #2 by his name didn't mean shit to me and we have gotten along ever since, he's on the Houston_Vmax group regularly.

Old Man Smith might be a bit crusty but he has always steered me in the right direction. Have to remember that he has seen the same things discussed that don't work for years and may be a bit jaded about his answers and not take into account the people being newbies to the Max.

I have no doubt that he knows his stuff... But the delivery method is for crap. He could just not say anything and let someone who treats people with a bit of respect answer.

I actually was asking another sub 100 V.ery M.ean O.ld A.ss member that was selling exhaust... I asked for a pic and a price. He was asking new price and had them up for sale for a while. I politely asked if would consider a lower price and was called a newbe punk that didn't know anything. I was very pissed... I tried to explain that I wasn't completely new to the max and had been riding for years. I guess if you own 3 maxes you can treat people like shit if you want. Him I could do without meeting in real life.

I always go out of my way to be extremely nice to anyone interested in or who owns a Vmax. I love my bike and treasure the friends I have made because of forums, sites and clubs like this. I want to keep as many as possible on the road. I have given away parts to those in need. The last time I had someone that needed a set of stock bars after a crash. I have mine with 4k miles... I offered them for the cost of shipping 9 bucks i think... he was worried about what shape they were in and thought 9 bucks was too much for shipping. I told him no problem and let me know. I didn't berate him or call him a punk. I guess I can never be Elite... I should just give up now. :confused2:

Frank

Old Man Smith might be a bit crusty but he has always steered me in the right direction. Have to remember that he has seen the same things discussed that don't work for years and may be a bit jaded about his answers and not take into account the people being newbies to the Max.

I really wish he would learn to quote the question so his answers of "Yes it will" and "No" would make more sense! :biglaugh:

I will say that here in the Houston area he will give you the shirt off hi back to help you, doesn't matter if he's ever met you before or not.

He's done all sorts of very complicated mechanical work for people that couldn't do it themselves for the low price of some company.

Rusty

Old Man Don doesn't use a computer. He has that other service that hooks to a TV with a keyboard. That's why his answers are the way they are.

Some people just don't know how to get their point across without sounding like an ass...

Like ME!:biglaugh:

Some people just don't know how to get their point across without sounding like an ass...

I think its the whole typing thing you don't know if people are joking,being sarcastic,being short because they don't want to type or cant type that fast and get frustrated.

In a phone conversation you can get your point across a lot faster and better understood then on a computer.

From what I've heard he likes to drink Wild Turkey before getting on his web tv.Nice guy in person though.

Back