• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Fixed Gen 2 Vmax Clutch Spring Retainer

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick52

Reaction score
One of my Best Mods on my Gen 1 Vmax was the DD Clutch Spring. I found that using two stacked clutch springs greatly improved my clutch engagement and actually increased my clutch plates and discs life. I have used this arrangement on my modded Gen 2 for about 18 months and found it to be equally effective. Also, the lever pull on my Gen 2 is not nearly as stout as was on my Gen 1. One problem is the spring retainer is not deep enough to securely retain both springs and the top spring can shift out of place. I have had a local machine shop duplicate in steel the OEM retainer, but mine is twice the depth and securely holds both springs in the proper stacked position. I have sold about 20 of these on the USA Star Vmax Forum with great reviews.

2009-2011 Vmax 2x deep clutch spring retainers sell at $35.00 each via Paypal [email protected] Please be sure to included your ship to address. My email is [email protected]

Rick Rash

<< Previous Topic Next Topic

Back