FJR Master Brake and Clutch cylinder questions

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks mike i might give it a try. any idea on things to try? was thinking a small thick washer if i can find one, or a small nut..

You think a nut would kind of chew up the little "cup" on the lever that the plunger goes into? Maybe some copper or brass washers would be good?

You think a nut would kind of chew up the little "cup" on the lever that the plunger goes into? Maybe some copper or brass washers would be good?

i like it. i'll swing by the hw store this weekend. i have spare levers (aftermarkets) i got for $30 for the set so i can use that one to try out and if it manges or does something weird, back goes to the OEM.

buddy of mine and i were looking at my bike today and he pressed the brake lever and was surprised how much play there was, and how easy it was to touch the handlebar. i PM'd danny to ask about his fjr as i remember at the dealer i think one had similar travel in mine but he reports a firm brake lever. danny is yours ABS? i think my master is from an ABS bike. what fjr forum is good, maybe i'll do some searching there?

fjriders.com

14mm master was never on a fjr with ABS as far I as I know. I believe they changed to 15 or 16mm on bike with the ABS.

This is the info I found when I was researching last year:

Here is some updated info on FJR masters

FYI

16mm=0.629"
5/8"=0.625"
14mm=0.551"

Another FYI on FJR bore diameters:

03' thru 05' all have the same bore diameter in the clutch master. 14mm
03' is the ONLY year the FJR had a front brake master with 14mm bore
04'-05' FJR front brake masters are 15mm
04'-05' FJR front brake masters for ABS equipped bikes are 16mm.

I have a couple FJR brake masters off of the '05 with ABS. It is a 16mm bore which is basically the same as our 5/8" master so it won't offer a different feel in braking action BUT it does have a 5 position adjustable lever and the OE connectors for the brake switch plug right in. Actually, I have more than one if anyone is interested. Looking to get $70.00 shipped out of one.

They are currently NOT drilled and tapped for the stock vmax mirrors but the boss is there. I was planning to do so but tap it with regular threads vs. reverse threads. That way you could use any mirror you want without those ugly adaptors. If you wanted to use stock mirrors I could throw in a stem from a left mirror and then you'd be golden.

i completely agree mine is a 16mm, its stamped on the bore itself.

i have a perfectly good working one from an '03 on my bench too! just its the principle of the thing!

Latest posts

Back