fjr vs v-max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VMAX1260

Supporting Member
Reaction score
does anybody hit the grip on a fjr? i run today in one dude that his bike was realy fast. i am kept thinking all day that if my max was a stock one i would propably had a sticker on it that it would say for sale!!!!. do we know how much hp on the rear wheel fjr produces?

mattness ...... i am not ridiculous. Fjr has power. has injection. and has torque. the thing i saw today could make a stock v-max swet.i am 95% sure

That could be a close one....the FJR's no slouch.

Do OEM's still quote horsepower at the crank, or do published figures mean at the wheel? It hardly ever says "rwhp" so I have to assume they mean crank.

Outboard motors actually went the other way a long time ago (sometime in the 80's I think)....the HP rating of the motor used to be "at the prop", while newer ones are "at the flywheel".

In a dyno comparison with a BMW K1300 GT, Kawasaki Concours 14 and Triumph Sprint ST 1050 the '09 FJR came in 3rd behind the Beemer & Kaw with 123.2 hp.

fjr has 145 in the crank obviously. i dont understand how you announce in your country but here in greece all the announcements are in the cracnk not in the wheel. and i wanted to know how of the 145 reaches the wheel of the fjr. same power in the crank as v-max and also is not chain drive.

Closest I can come to Current RWHP is 2009: Dyno Run = 123.2 HP @ 7900 RPM...

The 2009 Yamaha FJR1300 tops out in rear wheel horsepower at 123

fjr has 145 in the crank obviously. i dont understand how you announce in your country but here in greece all the announcements are in the cracnk not in the wheel. and i wanted to know how of the 145 reaches the wheel of the fjr. same power in the crank as v-max and also is not chain drive.

The stock '09 FJR that was dyno'd put 123.2 hp to the rear wheel.

Danny, Are you reading my mind, we did it again. This is getting Scary

I would bet the Vmax would take the FJR out of the hole based on my short ride on a FJR. The FJR is very smooth at the lower R's but really starts moving at 6k RPM's and above.
I wouldn't want to race one for more than a 1/8th mile at a time, both bikes being stock. After a 1/8th mile aerodynamics of the FJR will take over and it's adios to the Vmax and it's brick like aerodynamics.
IMHO

I hear this should beat that ,that is faster then this,that has this and this has that ,bla,bla,bla.put to close bikes on the line or the road and it comes down to SKILL AND BALLS thats it! put a guy thats only ridin harleys on a gen 2 and Ill smoke him with my gen 1.( imho)

Exactly, I've beat bikes I shouldn't have had a chance against. A lot is rider skill and state of mind. Sounds like these 2 bikes were pretty evenly matched and VMAX1260 kicked butt, if only by a little. It still counts...:biglaugh:

I had an FJR with a power comander and holeshot headers and was outrunning v-max,s with stage seven kits and they were close races

Although the condition's werent right, slippery road, and i didnt even know he was up for a race, the race took place between two traffic light's the third was FUCKIN RED.I REACHED THE THIRD LIGHT FIRST ONE BIKE DIFFERENCE , AND WHEN THE RACE STARTED HE STARTED IT SO HE LEFT FIRST. I WISH I COULD MEET HIM AGAIN SOON. AN I MAKE SURE TO UNDERSTAND WHAT MAXIMUM VELOCITY MEANS AGAIN. :punk::punk::punk::punk::punk::punk:

Latest posts

Back