FJR1300 Wheels

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re-awakening an old thread....

iv been cruising ebay and found a 2003 fjr1300 swing arm... read a little bit on the fjr forums and learned they swap our differentials from the venture and vmax too...strange little world...
anyway i bought me the swing arm and thought i would screw around with it to ....might be kind of cool to use it on the max.
It does have a serious difference in the frame attachment/bearings area... either the arm gets modded or the vmax frame gets modded...
Im thinking it fits a wider wheel and tire already and looks cool....roughly 10" wide inside and maybe a bit longer. a well....

might be fun to figure out .... or not...
Man winter is really gettin to me...

re-awakening an old thread....

iv been cruising ebay and found a 2003 fjr1300 swing arm... read a little bit on the fjr forums and learned they swap our differentials from the venture and vmax too...strange little world...
anyway i bought me the swing arm and thought i would screw around with it to ....might be kind of cool to use it on the max.
It does have a serious difference in the frame attachment/bearings area... either the arm gets modded or the vmax frame gets modded...
Im thinking it fits a wider wheel and tire already and looks cool....roughly 10" wide inside and maybe a bit longer. a well....

might be fun to figure out .... or not...
Man winter is really gettin to me...

Hmm, sounds like an interesting project! Make sure you break out the digital camera and keep us up to date on your progress!:cheers:

This has been done before and requires some machine work.Sean has talked about doing this before.

it has? well i looked everywhere for info and found nothing so thats news to me. Save me a little time and direct me to where i could read about that?

Hmm, sounds like an interesting project! Make sure you break out the digital camera and keep us up to date on your progress!:cheers:

dude! got the swing arm today and it fits a 240 with room to spare.
http://i11.ebayimg.com/03/i/07/2e/19/b2_1_b.JPG

Its exactly 2" longer and has the wacko offset hinge assembly which is fine. so far that seems to be the main hill to climb.

after a quick going over it looks like it lines up the same on the drive side, with the same spacing that side, but there is much more on th opposite side. Turns out the original max arm appears to be non symmetrical...but im still checking it all out. how do i upload photos?

it has? well i looked everywhere for info and found nothing so thats news to me. Save me a little time and direct me to where i could read about that?

Sean Morley is easy to find! Click on Morley's Muscle up top.

Its exactly 2" longer and has the wacko offset hinge assembly which is fine. so far that seems to be the main hill to climb.

after a quick going over it looks like it lines up the same on the drive side, with the same spacing that side, but there is much more on th opposite side. Turns out the original max arm appears to be non symmetrical...but im still checking it all out. how do i upload photos?

When you create a post scroll down and see the part that I took a pic of for ya.:thumbs up: Hit the Manage Attachments tab and then hit browse pick a picture hit open then either pick another picture or hit upload and wait for the pics to load. Make sure they are within the size allowed.

Attachments

• Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 69
  • Picture 3.jpg
    Picture 3.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 36

Cool, sounds like a fun winter project! :thumbs up:
Here is the link to the FAQ on posting photos - http://www.vmaxforum.net/faq.php?faq=new_faq_item#faq_how_to_post

OK, it's official. The FJR wheels will bolt up with a few simple mods. You need to make 2 spacers for the front and 1 for the rear. You have to remove some material from the swingarm and rear brake stay. That's about it. I should have some pics up soon. The downside is the wheel is offset to the right more then we would like but it's tolerable. I think we have $400 or less in the conversion (not counting tires). Also, need to come up with either a diff front that matches the look of the FJR but has a speedo drive or switch to another type of speedo.

Sean Morley

OK, it's official. The FJR wheels will bolt up with a few simple mods. You need to make 2 spacers for the front and 1 for the rear. You have to remove some material from the swingarm and rear brake stay. That's about it. I should have some pics up soon. The downside is the wheel is offset to the right more then we would like but it's tolerable. I think we have $400 or less in the conversion (not counting tires). Also, need to come up with either a diff front that matches the look of the FJR but has a speedo drive or switch to another type of speedo.

Sean Morley

OK somebody has to give you the 3rd degree.

What year,years FJR?
Old style or new style forks or both?
Are you going to offer the adaptors or give the dimensions?

Good work! I'm glad to see you tried this like the FZR to Fazer conversion.

I am fed up with my 18" stock rim with a radial on it.I'd really like to have a second rear wheel for a slick.These wheels are sweet and I'd like to do this conversion.

I will post details and pics soon. Want to ride it a bit more to make sure it's all OK!

Sean

There isn't shit for wheels for sale on ebay right now.I'll bet its tough to find them.

I'm not sure how long it took to find them. The friend brought them over last weekend and we worked together to figure it out. We did it a bit differently then the other friend had done it. I can try to make it a "kit" install too.

Sean

I will post details and pics soon. Want to ride it a bit more to make sure it's all OK!

Sean
... I just wanted to bring this back to the top. Did you ride it much? Any more problems arise? I was thinking about doing this swap, but looks like the wheels are hard to find. I'm keeping this mod as an option...

We have ridden it a few times but need to fix a leaky differential and had to find the longer rear axle to make it all the way through so the lock nut would exgauge (some years had a longer axle).

Sean

... I just wanted to bring this back to the top. Did you ride it much? Any more problems arise? I was thinking about doing this swap, but looks like the wheels are hard to find. I'm keeping this mod as an option...

Your right on the hard to find thing! I searched a few times with no results.

I like what you have done. I'm considering it myself with mine. Better choice of tyres and more grip for size. The front end looks tops too.
Better overall in every way!

Back