Florida Dyno Tech day

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm planning on 12:00. Can't wait to see if my fake nitrous puts me at the top of the Gen I bracket. :rofl_200:

I'm really looking forward to seeing all of you that haven't been around in a while.... I'll be there around noon, depends on traffic. And, the number of Cops on the road too... :biglaugh:

CaptainKyle: If you need any help with setting things up for this, Call Me.

Just filled my bike with straight gas - no ethanol - & a shot of Startron.

Hope I don't overload the dyno... :biglaugh:

I may put the NGK's back in too. Of of the Champs crapped out last month. Now I don't trust the other three.

See you all there. I'm running Strafer (My 94), As Is. I'll be happy if my A/F is close, HP is secondary... I don't even know what grade the gas is but it's Non-Ethanol... I sincerely hope Kyle's neighbors don't get too pissed off.. I'll have a limited supply of ammo.:rofl_200:

Kyle, THANK YOU !

That was awesome. Met a lot of great people & got to see several types of bikes run on the dyno. Brett was the HP king - I'll let him post his numbers. Saw some great looking CBX's too. This was way better than any bike night I've ever been to. I only put out 105 hp, but my A/F ratio looked good, so I think my bike's tuned as well as it can be for a stocker. Once again Kyle, you & your Lady hosted a great party - as always. :clapping:

Thanks Kyle!
Had a great time.
As far as numbers:
My bike posted 169.8 HP
And 118.7 Torque

I looked at the Dyno Sheet good when I got home and noticed that the Dyno guy only took my bike 8400 rpms! It's peak power is around 9200 or so. I called the Owner and he said he would rerun it at no cost when I can get over to him! Great guy! So looking for better numbers than this!
Even not running the bike to peak RPM I still beat a slightly modded 08 Busa in HP and WAY more torque! He had 167 and 100 .1 torque.
HOO HOO!
Again great day Kyle!

Thank You Kyle and Christine, it was a great day and your very good company. As always, the 2 of you are Wonderful Host and Hostess and make the times at your home unforgetable...:biglaugh: Christine, you make Super Coffee... Thanx for inviting us to your home once again......

Thanx for the company to Rich (richwrench), Brett (jbretthorton), Tim (tothemax93), the CBX's, Busa and Gold Wing Riders and the guy who had the sports car with an engine crank on the front. :biglaugh:

The neighbors didn't say a thing about all our noise. I invited one to come watch but he never did... It all came off without a hitch. CBX's had a difficult time working with this Dyno.:confused2::ummm:

Strafer went on the Dyno first and Lost to all the other Max's that followed. Peak HP was 101.78, max Torque was 72.04. I'm at a loss as the sheet shows a very good Air / Fuel Ratio.Something's FUBAR...:sad2: Christine and I got beat by richwrench's stocker... With Fake Nitrous:bang head:

We won't even talk about how high Kyle's 86 HP was....

Pictures, Brett's Gen II - BTW: This is likely the only view that rest of us will have of this bike., Christine's 1985 Gen I (Picture Title's Wrong on the Year) My Strafer Gen I, Rich's Gen I, The Turbo CBX , Names for people where I had any clue. My Dyno Sheet, is Last...

Attachments

• Christine's Bike 1995.jpg
    Christine's Bike 1995.jpg
    294.6 KB · Views: 20
  • The People 4.jpg
    The People 4.jpg
    396.1 KB · Views: 20
  • The People 3.jpg
    The People 3.jpg
    362.7 KB · Views: 21
  • The People 2.jpg
    The People 2.jpg
    296.9 KB · Views: 20
  • The People 1.jpg
    The People 1.jpg
    336.9 KB · Views: 21
  • Some of the Bikes.jpg
    Some of the Bikes.jpg
    360.1 KB · Views: 20
  • Turbo CBX.jpg
    Turbo CBX.jpg
    290.7 KB · Views: 19
  • richwrench's Bike.jpg
    richwrench's Bike.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 19
  • My Bike 1994.jpg
    My Bike 1994.jpg
    261.4 KB · Views: 20
  • Brett's Bike 2010.jpg
    Brett's Bike 2010.jpg
    270.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 1st Dyno Sheet for Strafer.jpg
    1st Dyno Sheet for Strafer.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 21
Hey, thats a good looking crowd.:eusa_dance: Thanks Kyle and christine for opening up your home. It was really good to meet all you guys from the board.
Tim

What does Strafer have for a setup? Looks a tad lean to me so he's not putting down a number he could be getting.

Great pix Dave. I'm sitting here looking at my dyno sheet next to yours - my a/f ratio seems to be approx. 14.5 the whole run - yours appears to be about 13.5 from 6k & above. Although it runs good, I think it's a little rich, & maybe that's what's killing your hp. If I can figure out my new scanner, Ill post my sheet & you can see what I mean.

14.1 is optimal? mine dips below 14 at 6,000:ummm: Possible the VBoost isn't opening or just not all the way? The serve functions when I turn the key on just that there's no slack to take up and the 3rd whir is extremely faint. ??? Clutch slipping ??? I'm picking at straws here, I know. I really appreciate the input Sean, Rich or anyone else who has 2 cents.:biglaugh:

My wife told me we don't need to go any faster. She just doesn't understand that if there's another 10-15 HP somewhere, I want it....:rofl_200:

Stock jets and needles, Needles shimmed 0.028, AF 3-1/4 turns. All at sea level. K&N, Y installed. Marks 4-2 with 2" cores...

Thanks all for showing up I had fun. I am gonna do some tuning on christines now that i know where its at & gonna play with the 86 some there is a lot more power to be had in both bikes. Dave I did not pay much attention to your graph yesterday but we can get more power out of yours to. I did make an offer to buy the Dyno but dont know if he is gonna go for it.

12.7-13.3 is the target A/F mix to get the best power and torque output. Leaner (bigger numbers) can help fuel economy but hurt power. Richer (smaller numbers) can help torque (a little) but poorer economy.

Sean

Kyle, you and Christine need a bigger house and yard. With, maybe a 5 car garage..:rofl_200:Wow, a Dyno might be in your future. I was thinking of a marketing strategy last night to get people coming back over and over. I'll share it with you sometime soon... May be nothing but it may be good business practice...

Sean, thanx for that info...

Kyle, you and Christine need a bigger house and yard. With, maybe a 5 car garage..:rofl_200:Wow, a Dyno might be in your future. I was thinking of a marketing strategy last night to get people coming back over and over. I'll share it with you sometime soon... May be nothing but it may be good business practice...

Sean, thanx for that info...
yeah we definately need a bigger place. Its good that all my neighber's like me. I dont know why sometimes:ummm: I dont know if he is gonna go for selling the Dyno but the offer is there & he basically just lets it sit there most of the time. I know my 86 is for sale but I am still gonna have fun tuning on it a little. Christine dont really care about hers but I cant leave any thing alone. I just never messed with her's because I did not know where it was at A'F ratio wise.

Big plans may make you big money, I'm pulling for you.. I've got a compound that trailer would fit in for doing some runs down here. It'd drive the 1 neighbor nuts. :clapping::biglaugh::rofl_200: Yes.......

Here are a few more pictures.

Attachments

• Dyno day 001.jpg
    Dyno day 001.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Dyno day 002.jpg
    Dyno day 002.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 15
  • Dyno day 004.jpg
    Dyno day 004.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Dyno day 007.jpg