Fork brace drawing? Anyone?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jdk203

Reaction score
So I like the looks of the UFO fork brace but I dont have the cash flow for one and I know I can make one myself. Any chance someone has a drawing of one to make it go faster? My stock one is actually out with my front fender for paint. If I make a new one it wont go back on if I dont it will.

Thanks, Jason

Jason

There are many people that make them, UFO is not the only place to find them. I have seen used once once in awhile as low as 45 bones. Unless you want to make one and enjoy the challenge. Otherwise be patient you will find one in your price range..

Scooter

Jason

There are many people that make them, UFO is not the only place to find them. I have seen used once once in awhile as low as 45 bones. Unless you want to make one and enjoy the challenge. Otherwise be patient you will find one in your price range..

Scooter

Yeah i'd kinda rather make one I think. Prolly engrave my initials on it or something like that. I'm a machinist so its not gonna be a crappy hacked up piece of metal. I could just draw it up myself but I dont have the stock one and I dont have measuring tools at home to measure on the fork side. So was just thinking about it this afternoon.

Yeah i'd kinda rather make one I think. Prolly engrave my initials on it or something like that. I'm a machinist so its not gonna be a crappy hacked up piece of metal. I could just draw it up myself but I dont have the stock one and I dont have measuring tools at home to measure on the fork side. So was just thinking about it this afternoon.

If you want, I'll AutoCAD one up for you this weekend. It shouldn't be a big deal to pop the one off of my bike.

If you want, I'll AutoCAD one up for you this weekend. It shouldn't be a big deal to pop the one off of my bike.

I almost just Pm'd you to see if you had one in your stash of drawings. Not a big deal if your bored go for it. I was considering taking the bike for a spin without the fenders or tank today (not only is it above 30 finally but it was over 50) but then it dawned on me that there was no fork brace either so I thought...hmmm. Ive been wanting to make one maybe nows the time.

I also would like to get a "bug deflector" for my forks. We get a ton of bugs here and I know my fork seals are taking a beating.
I'm thinking of adding a homemade deflector that fits onto the fork brace but may have to get the brace machined a bit so I can fit the SS deflector between brace and fork leg.
Not to hijack the thread, but did somebody make or have a drawing of the scoop insert? I made a drawing with design I'd like to get machined up. If I scanned it and posted it would that be enough to make up a drawing?

Last edited:
I also would like to get a "bug deflector" for my forks. We get a ton of bugs here and I know my fork seals are taking a beating.
I'm thinking of adding a homemade deflector that fits onto the fork brace but may have to get the brace machined a bit so I can fit the SS deflector between brace and fork leg.
Not to hijack the thread, but did somebody make or have a drawing of the scoop insert? I made a drawing with design I'd like to get machined up. If I scanned it and posted it would that be enough to make up a drawing?

Oh I saw the bug deflectors on the ufo bike and was wondering what the hell they were.

Jdk,
I am glad that you have the know how to do things like this. Even people that don't ,you have to admire them for trying.
I also haven't seen the ufo fork covers that you are talking about . Unless they were stock from a later bike. Anyways good luck with your adventure. I myself have also always like a good challenge.

Scooter

Thanks man if and when I get it made up ill post up a couple pictures. I have a few things going right now but haven't really been taking pictures of the progress. Mostly just trying to clean the bike up before the spring.

I lost my fork brace. I pulled the bloody thing with the fender cause I'm putting on a different fender.

soooo, here is what I need. Trace the brace from the top and the side.
mark the holes. Scan it then send it to me. I'll pop it on the digitizer then clean it up and make a set of working dwg's out of it.

Id love to but mines out with the paint. When you say lost you mean for good or just having a problem finding it? I can make up a dwg once I get mine back but it might be a while.

I should be able to do that with my brace in the next couple days for ya KJ. Just so I have it right, you want a outline and located bolt holes and the profile. (I have a Python polished fork brace) Photo attached.

Attachments

• IMG_0026.jpg
    IMG_0026.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 26
I believe Jeff Hubeer has this already... He was going to make them I thought.

I'd send him a PM.

Chris

If you have an extra copy of the fork brace drawing, I'd appreciate one. I'd like to machine one up myself at work and add some custom engraving or something to it. Thanks!

I have a few different models of them, but I'm not at home. I should have the hole spacing, but I was also working at making a stock one thicker (for an eventual casting) I'll try to post when I get home tomorrow.

Jeff

Latest posts

Back