Fork bushings

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hick89

Reaction score
I Have my forks apart from my 89 installing new springs and seals. I want to replace the fork bushings and can only find the one up at the fork seal. I can not find the one that fits in the groove in the fork tube anywhere. Tried 3 dealers every bike shop I can think of and looked on line. Does anyone have any idea where I can find them? The ones in it are the original ones from when I purchased the bike new.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

I Have my forks apart from my 89 installing new springs and seals. I want to replace the fork bushings and can only find the one up at the fork seal. I can not find the one that fits in the groove in the fork tube anywhere. Tried 3 dealers every bike shop I can think of and looked on line. Does anyone have any idea where I can find them? The ones in it are the original ones from when I purchased the bike new.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

I went thru the same thing with my '86 last year and was told they are no longer available for the 40mm front ends. I s'pose there are a few around somewhere but I could never locate any.

They were never available as a replaceable part. I have some used ones on hand but normally these don't need replaced unless the fork ran dry for an extended time.

Here are the part numbers to the fork bushings. I don't think they have ever been on fiche.

'85-'92:
Metal Slide 1 - (3JJ-23125-00-00) Upper fork leg bushing
Piston,bushing- (41R-23171-00-00) Lower fork tube bushing

'93+:
Metal Slide 1 - (3XJ-23125-L0-00) Upper fork leg bushing
Piston,bushing- (5EB-23171-00-00) Lower fork tube bushing

If mine get worn to the point of needing replacement it's just a signal for an upgrade to the front end. Fresh oil and finally sealing up the crossover holes then adding another 1/8" to the spacer so it gives me a little more adjustment room for the adjustable fork caps.

Here are the part numbers to the fork bushings. I don't think they have ever been on fiche.

'85-'92:
Metal Slide 1 - (3JJ-23125-00-00) Upper fork leg bushing
Piston,bushing- (41R-23171-00-00) Lower fork tube bushing

'93+:
Metal Slide 1 - (3XJ-23125-L0-00) Upper fork leg bushing
Piston,bushing- (5EB-23171-00-00) Lower fork tube bushing

I came here to find out one thing, and there 'tis!

Monkey say buy 41R-23171-00-00.
OK monkey. Anything for you.:eusa_dance:

Latest posts

Back