Found an 07 NOS today

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
for sure worth getting man, let us know how it works out. id love to get a new 07

I've seen used 07's go for high 5's to low 6's. If you can get a brand new one for $7k, that's not bad. Plus...a "new" gen1. Don't see those every day.

Then again, no gen 1 after 1985 was really new, it was the same bike recycled year after year after year. A 2007 was for all intensive purposes identical to a 1997, which was only slightly different from a 1987. The only difference that you'd notice between the "first" and "last" is slightly improved handling and better brakes. To me, that's not worth buying another, considering you could hop-up your 85 to be a far better bike for far less money.

But sweet find, sure someone here will pop on it.

When I first decided I wanted a Max in the summer of 08, I went to the local Yamaha dealer here in town. They had an identical 07, even with the same "mile" on it. I tried for 3 days to deal with them, but they wouldn't budge a dollar on the price. They still wanted I think $9,000. The salesman just kept telling me that "when the new 09 comes out next year, the value of this one is gonna double".

I walked away and eventually found and bought my 89. They hung onto that one until the summer of 09, until it eventually disappeared.

so is it gonna be for "show" or for shooooooooww?

This is going to be my personal bike, not a weekender but the one that gets me there and back. I will most likely break down the 85 and completely go through it and bring it up for shows.:clapping:

is there a better word that I can use other than "jealous"? Hehehehe. If your GF didn't have an ego on your '85, she certainly will now on your '07! Hahaha

regards from my tapatalking android...

GRRRR!!! Monkey threw a wrench in my little plan. Apparently the family that owns the dealership has hired a new GM he doesnt want to play ball with me on the deal for the '07 He thinks its worth 13,500 OTD WTF!!! I talked to him for an hour today off and on I explained that I could get an '09 for that he told me GOOD LUCK!! Well whatever I have an appointment in a couple of weeks with my buddy that has a little more say in it that the GM does and he WANTS me to buy it. So I may still get it for a real world price.

GRRRR!!! Monkey threw a wrench in my little plan. Apparently the family that owns the dealership has hired a new GM he doesnt want to play ball with me on the deal for the '07 He thinks its worth 13,500 OTD WTF!!! I talked to him for an hour today off and on I explained that I could get an '09 for that he told me GOOD LUCK!! Well whatever I have an appointment in a couple of weeks with my buddy that has a little more say in it that the GM does and he WANTS me to buy it. So I may still get it for a real world price.

I'd bring in the KBB and show them that an '07 Vmax, in excellent condition, is $7500.

If you want to buy it that bad, then bypass the gouging S.O.B. manager. When those types of dynamics come down, it's time to get dirty. Deal w/the owner.

I'd bring in the KBB and show them that an '07 Vmax, in excellent condition, is $7500.
Yep did that...He said that excellent and New Out of the crate were not the same thing. His opinion is that this is the RAREST VMAX on the planet. I told him it was still a four year old bike that has been sitting around since it was UN crated, and that since it had been uncrated it was not technically NOS it was in excellent condition with would prove the price that I offered. He thinks I'm just another low-baller that doesn't want to pay retail.

Yep did that...He said that excellent and New Out of the crate were not the same thing. His opinion is that this is the RAREST VMAX on the planet. I told him it was still a four year old bike that has been sitting around since it was UN crated, and that since it had been uncrated it was not technically NOS it was in excellent condition with would prove the price that I offered. He thinks I'm just another low-baller that doesn't want to pay retail.

Which is true, right?

But you don't want to be gouged, either.

One of my friends bought a brand-new CBX several years after they went out of production, from a FL dealer, still in-the-crate, and he paid less than retail. He still has it. "Japan George," a well-known independent shop-owner in Ft. Lauderdale who made hundreds of Japanese 4's run their best. He and his first-position mechanic, 'Don,' sold lots of heavily-modified bikes to the street racers of south FL. "Coprunner" would have felt right at-home!

Which is true, right?

But you don't want to be gouged, either.

Well youre right I dont want to feel gouged and I dont want to pay retail either..My problem is that hte owner of the dealer ship and I are very good personal friends. The price tag is as old as the bike. My offer is for the top of the KBB not the bottom and its higher than anyone else has offered in the last 4 years or the bike would have sold by now right? The GM is in hos 3rd week at this dealership and has to "turn things around" which I completely understand. However I have spent well over 50K in the last 9 months buying various this and thats from this family's dealership. I dont think gives me right to entitlement but it should merit something.

If the family member wanted-to, probably one sentence to the G.M. would have made the deal 'go your way.' Good luck with the less than MSRP offer. We all want to see that on the road!

If the family member wanted-to, probably one sentence to the G.M. would have made the deal 'go your way.' Good luck with the less than MSRP offer. We all want to see that on the road!

Wish me luck Im going tomorrow morning to try to make the deal...:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

IMAG0203.jpg

Call me weird, call me an ignoramous fool but if I had the means, I'd put this into mothballs and throw it in a corner and forget about until I was an old man. Could you imagine a Shelby Cobra showing up at the local cruise in with 50 miles on it! How about a 70' Superbird with a hundred miles on the clock still smelling like fresh virgin metal heating up for the first few times!
Sean Morley ain't only about Vmaxes. I'm sure he'd die for a new ZL-1 or 427 FI Vette. Who wouldn't. Roll up with that Max in 20 years and you instantly become "That Guy" that is the fodder of a hundred stories of the 25 year old NOS Vmax. Ya can't put a price on that! But hey, by then there may be a 300 mile an hour bike for sale to the masses. Ah the possibilities...
Oh yeah, I could not build a like new 07 for $7k. Maybe closer to 10k in NOS parts, labor, materials and a nice bike to start with.

One of the editors for Cycle World, I think it was, when the Suzuki GS1150ES came out, bought one, in the crate, and put it aside in his garage, figuring, "this thing does 145 mph, soon the bureaucrats are going to outlaw this level of performance, and I will have the 'last of the road rockets!'"

Of course, in another couple of years the GSXR1100 was released, and his dream vaporized. In nearly-all instances, never buy a vehicle for appreciation's sake. Buy it because you like it, because it's fun to drive/ride, because it has a big golden bird on the hood and was in a famous movie, but don't buy it to 'make $!' Yeah, I had a friend in Dania Beach FL who paid $26,000 in about 1977 for an early 260 c.i. Shelby AC Cobra, when you could buy a decent home in an OK neighborhood for the same $. Everyone thought Sid was batty. We liked the car, but who has that kind of gelt to spend on a 'toy?' ABout three years later, Sid sold it for $106,000. An exception to the rule.

Herbie Hancock, one of the great jazz musicians still around, bought the same series Cobra when his first nationally-distributed album paid off in a handsome royalty check. He tried to buy a Cobra in NYC, I think it was, and the salesman wouldn't even speak to him. He had to come back with a briefcase of cash to demonstrate he could afford a 260 Shelby AC Cobra, and that he wanted it now! He still has it. An exception to the rule.

Buy it to use it, but if you 'use' is going to be limited to not starting it, and to pushing it into and out-of your trailer or pickup, well, it's your $, and we may be speaking about you in 25 years as 'that crazy ol' coot with the 1980's muscle bike that runs on gasoline!'
And, you may be 'an exception to the rule.'

Yeah, you really don't have a wife!

hahaha yeah :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Its 6:54am and I have an 8 hour drive to go make this work. I hope I hope I hope...:punk:

I definitely plan on riding this bike. I have seen some prime examples of crated motorcycles and its a double edged sword. You see them and its like WOW!! Then you think what a sad thing to have a beautiful machine that never go t used......
There is a dealership in OK City and in the attic there is a crated Honda Dream among some other antique motorcycles the guy that owns the place has a very impressive collection for sure. I dont think I could have a collection like that..I was just never the kid that could keep his toys new in the box waiting for them to turn to gold.

Latest posts

Back