Found an 07 NOS today

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well we made it there and back again...Sadly no deal was done. My friend had a death in the family and had to leave unexpectedly before I got there he was in California.

I made my best cash offer, laid all them Benjamin's down on the table and couldnt persuade a deal to go my way.
The best the GM was ready to do on it was dealer cost, 98XX so Im going to have to wait.

Maybe its just the universe telling me that I dont need it. I mean 7500 would do a ton of mods to my 85 right?? Well at any rate it is what it is. If anyone is interested in getting this bike PM me for the details and I will provide names and numbers.

Buy that '95 my acquaintance in FL has for $2500 & spend $5K in mods to come up w/a VMax of your dreams-17 & 18" wheels, big motor, new Marks exhaust, USD sportbike front end, etc.

Buy that '95 my acquaintance in FL has for $2500 & spend $5K in mods to come up w/a VMax of your dreams-17 & 18" wheels, big motor, new Marks exhaust, USD sportbike front end, etc.

That sounds like an interesting en devour do you have a link to where its listed for sale or pics and details??
Thanks

That bike is a good deal and I might could work a deal delivering it as far as houston maybe even to new braunsfels
This is only getting better. I am interested I will wait to see the link and get the guys info and we can go with it from there. New Braunsfels is not that far from me at all, Houston is 3.5hrs I think.

Cruising craigslist one day, and saw ad for an 07 with just over 3500 miles.
Seller was asking 65 hundred. On the spur of the moment I called him & asked some questions about the bike. Answers sounded great.

Bad weather rolled in; I put off making the 60 mile drive to take a look.
Figured I'd call after the weather moderated, and did. Seller still had the bike; nobody had even taken the time to come & look at the bike.

So, I made the ride to check it out. The 07 was cherry condition; spent most of it's time sitting in garage with other toys. Guy was selling some toys to buy a piece of land for new house that "momma" wanted.

Long story short: He was asking 65 hundred. I told him that was out of my price range.
He said, make me an offer. I did; I offered 55 hundred. No go.
He said 6 thousand.
I asked if he had any bike gear he'd thown in with the deal if we made one?
Yes; like new bike cover , 2 helmets, and like new jacket.
Said 58 hundred is all I got.
He thought about a minute & said deal.

I think I should have held out for the 55 hundred............. but that's how I got my "nearly new" 07. No regrets.
Looks great setting next to the 05.

Jester 42

Attachments

• March 3, 2011.jpg
    March 3, 2011.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 45
Here you go, as I said, I have seen it myself and it is clean.

YAMAHA VMAX 1995 - $2500 (DAVIE)

Date: 2011-10-09, 8:23PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

YAMAHA VMAX, 1995, 23K MILES, BLACK, SUPER TRAPP EXHAUST, CORBIN SEAT W REMOVABLE BACKREST, RUNS AND LOOKS GOOD. NO ISSUES. HAVE BIG BIKE FUN FOR LITTLE BIKE MONEY. $2,500.00 firm. CALL OR TEXT 954-895-3682

PostingID: 2628932690

Pictures:
http://images.craigslist.org/5T35Z05R33nd3mf3p3ba28b7dcfb7345219fc.jpg

Ad:

http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/mcy/2628932690.html

p.s.: I spoke w/Mike, the owner of the FL VMax & he said he was ready to hear from someone here if they were looking to buy. Maybe you can have Kyle bring it w/him when he returns from his cruise vacation.

Last edited:
I just got off the phone w/him, he hadn't checked his email today & was going to this evening, shortly. Good luck.

Im going to give him a call tomorrow. UPS LOST an NOS Honda engine that I shipped to NY for an over seas customer. I only found out today and have been trying to get that fire put out. HOW DO YOU LOOSE AN ENGINE?!?!:bang head::bang head::bang head:

Im going to give him a call tomorrow. UPS LOST an NOS Honda engine that I shipped to NY for an over seas customer. I only found out today and have been trying to get that fire put out. HOW DO YOU LOOSE AN ENGINE?!?!:bang head::bang head::bang head:

"Screw UPS before they screw you!"
Oh, sorry, the advice came too-late. I have used FedEx for such things, they were a bit over one-half the price of Useless Parcel Service. I'll use them for Christmas gifts, but their freight rates are not to be believed!

"Screw UPS before they screw you!"
Oh, sorry, the advice came too-late. I have used FedEx for such things, they were a bit over one-half the price of Useless Parcel Service. I'll use them for Christmas gifts, but their freight rates are not to be believed!

hahaha yeah! This was the first time I ever used them for something like this and it bit me in the ass. The bad thing is that the motor was for a Honda CM200 and it was in the factory crate from Honda never opened. How am I going to replace it?? Well I do have 2 more of them but I am a little gun shy with the shipping services now. Im out $1150 on this deal...They admit they lost it, they admit it was their fault, BUT They want me to prove that they had it and lost it. :ummm::ummm::ummm:

I just got off the phone with the guy in FL with the bike on CL for 2500.
I think we have a deal. I am waiting til he gets home tonight and sends me some detailed pics and a video of the bike running and maybe in motion. All I have to do now is get it here to Texas
The club I ride in has their international convention in January and I may just fly out pick it up and ride it home. My concern would be will it make it? He said it needs a new rear tire, also its a DAMN FAR ride to get home!!!

no $h!t. it'll take like 9 hours just to get it out of the state from where it's coming from...maybe 5 with vboost:rofl_200:

HAHAHAHA!!!:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:
Dont think that I am not going to check the boost on the way:punk::punk:

Anyone in the area where that bike is on this forum? Wanna test ride it for me??:confused2:

HAHAHAHA!!!:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:
Dont think that I am not going to check the boost on the way:punk::punk:

Anyone in the area where that bike is on this forum? Wanna test ride it for me??:confused2:

Well he is a long way from my home, about 20 minutes...
and, you want me to 'test ride' a VMax? Lemme grab my CE-equipped jacket, gloves & 'skid lid,' er, 'crash helmet,' um, 'cranial safety exterior appliance' and get over there. You get the OK from him and I will get there, if he lets me, you can tell him it's the local guy who has been speaking to him about the bike, the one who put it on here.

Well he is a long way from my home, about 20 minutes...
and, you want me to 'test ride' a VMax? Lemme grab my CE-equipped jacket, gloves & 'skid lid,' er, 'crash helmet,' um, 'cranial safety exterior appliance' and get over there. You get the OK from him and I will get there, if he lets me, you can tell him it's the local guy who has been speaking to him about the bike, the one who put it on here.

haha Awesome Ill call him right now.
Thanks

I called him he said it was all ok with him. I will PM you the number now so you can call him and set it up.

Back