Found myself a touring bike...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty cool machine....pick it up on Thurs. May 26, and keep heading east to BR11!! :punk:

Bet Mrs. Gasem would just love that!! :biglaugh:

Pretty sure I'm going to buy it...

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/mcy/2373076604.html[/QUOTE]

with the right paint job that could be an awesome bike. It really calls-out for a theme paint, not exactly sure what, but something which works w/the proportions to minimize its blockiness, maybe one of those military hardware paint jobs w/faux riveted panels & warning stickers? Maybe a battleship?

I think it's cool.

Yellow is not the color for it.

I'd like to buy it, tear the motor out of it, and then crush it and put it out of its misery... lol

Chris

:smoke000:subscribed. waiting for test ride review and pics

Pretty sure I'm going to buy it...

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/mcy/2373076604.html[/QUOTE]

with the right paint job that could be an awesome bike. It really calls-out for a theme paint, not exactly sure what, but something which works w/the proportions to minimize its blockiness, maybe one of those military hardware paint jobs w/faux riveted panels & warning stickers? Maybe a battleship?

I think it's cool.

Yellow is not the color for it.

Kinda funny....this is what popped into my mind also!

'dannymax' & I have a good concept. Why not an APC, a tank, a dreadnought, and of course there are so-many aircraft, including rotary?

It needs something to preserve the idea of all that bodywork, and with the correct execution, it could be very distinctive, moreso than it is today and in a good way! Hey, if nothing else, the yellow could be a base for a flame-job.

I admit to being interested to see the methods of fabrication and attachment for all that bodywork. You certainly could make it more-fluid in its lines, but the right theme could make it ok as-is. How about a big graphic of a piece of earth-moving equipment? Caterpillars are yellow, aren't they?

Keep the bodywork.

I keep getting an error message today when I try to see the C.L. ad. Already gone?

CORRECTION!!!!!
Be sure and click on the original link and it will work.

It's still there on the first post of the thread . I have a '96 Royal Star, nicknamed " Speedstar " , that will give you a different approach to what it could look like . I'm not too fond of bodywork on a cruiser ( but it looks real good on yours ) . :rofl_200:

Attachments

• DSC00508.jpg
    DSC00508.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC00523.jpg
    DSC00523.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 16
Yeah...battleship or atttack helicopter theme would be cool. The school bus yellow doesn't do anything for me.

'dannymax' & I have a good concept. Why not an APC, a tank, a dreadnought, and of course there are so-many aircraft, including rotary?

It needs something to preserve the idea of all that bodywork, and with the correct execution, it could be very distinctive, moreso than it is today and in a good way! Hey, if nothing else, the yellow could be a base for a flame-job.

I admit to being interested to see the methods of fabrication and attachment for all that bodywork. You certainly could make it more-fluid in its lines, but the right theme could make it ok as-is. How about a big graphic of a piece of earth-moving equipment? Caterpillars are yellow, aren't they?

Keep the bodywork.

Cat equipment is a darker yellow. Add a little gray and you can call it a Komatsu.

4858115475_dd39e2260d.jpg

The flame idea isn't bad. Dump 5 gallons of gas on it and light a match. :biglaugh:

Cat equipment is a darker yellow. Add a little gray and you can call it a Komatsu.

4858115475_dd39e2260d.jpg

The flame idea isn't bad. Dump 5 gallons of gas on it and light a match. :biglaugh:
Yeah that made me laugh out loud when I read that last comment. "Kill it with fire!" hahahaha!!!

OK, here are a couple of shots from my recent trip to Milwaukee. Highlights include a meal at the Comet Cafe (their motto: "slow food" http://thecometcafe.com/COMETabout.html ), where they bring you a plate of free bacon w/every pitcher of beer, and winner of the local weekly paper's annual award, "Best Hangover Breakfast"), and an hour spent at Kochanski's Concertina Beer Hall http://www.beer-hall.com/ where the owner regaled us with a story of shooting it out with robbers who met the business-end of his Glock .45. After listening to this, I was almost ready to try-out his "shot-ski," which sounds like an Eastern European victim of the aforementioned robbery, but isn't.

"Well, then, what is it?" What do you think it is? You can find the answer on the website, if you discover what it is, post it in the thread along with your reason, "why I want to become a victim of the "shot-ski," and we'll all enjoy a good laugh.

We arrived about 15 minutes too-late to enjoy a rockabilly band that day, but Andy (the owner) assured us if we wanted to come-back another time, that they have live music multiple times a week. The band members were milling around after their set, and I had a hard time deciding if I had stumbled-into a filming of "Reservoir Dogs II," or "Walk the Line." Black was the color of choice and between the string ties and the thin black ties worn by the band members, you wouldn't have enough material to cover Courtney Cox's buttocks.

The building had a patina of use and wear consistent with a neglected working-class watering hole within walking distance of the Rust Belt factories at shift change. A wood floor that resembled the gym you played dodgeball in when you were 10, except not so kept-up, a ceiling with plaster cracks precariously-sagging open to reveal dark spaces between the smoke-yellowed plaster and the second floor, and wood-framed windows bearing the deterioration of both frames and casings, and sealed against the brutal Lake Michigan winds by huge sheets of lexan screwed to their insides, and a traditional wood bar covering about half of the one side of the bar wall, and still-standing, despite the best intentions and efforts of 3 or 4 generations of neighborhood drinkers trying to collapse it, an elbow at a time...

Yeah, it had ambience. Andy is in the beginning stages of constructing a beer garden on the side of the original building, and hopefully it will be ready in-time for Oktoberfest. The calendar in Milwaukee seems to be "beer-centric," which is OK by me.

So, the pics are 1] a creation by a lifelong motorcyclist, who said, "my ride is never finished," and who offered the first tune-up free to new customers, as he was a bike shop owner, and 2] something which looks eerily-similar to something else, I just can't put my finger on what that is (look at the heart and not the fairing).

We all have our ideas of what makes a bike that meets our individual needs. I'm glad to see what those bikes are, even if I didn't care to own it.

Attachments

• May 2011 Milwaukee-April HPFFA 105.jpg
    May 2011 Milwaukee-April HPFFA 105.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 22
  • May 2011 Milwaukee-April HPFFA 098.jpg
    May 2011 Milwaukee-April HPFFA 098.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 22
It's got those lame-ass "Dunlap" Harley tires on it! lol

But looks like a nice paint job...I dig the "bullet hole leaking fuel" on the saddlebags.

Latest posts

Back