Frame Braces

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

88vmx12

Reaction score
I have been looking for some frame braces. Some look pretty cool, and some look like they do the job and that is about it. I figure that something of that size out in the open better be pretty nice instead of " just do the job" so to speak. Are there and suggestions that you guys might have? I have no problem sending something in to be chromed or painted... Thanks for all of your imput.

Scooter

I'm running the Dale Walker braces. I guess you would consider them the plain "do the job" kind comapred to the wider aluminum ones from the UK.

To me there was a definate improvement. I did the frame braces and the braced swingarm pretty much at the same time, I'm glad I did.

As for the quality of Dale's braces, they are nice and glossy black powdercoated. quality work indeed, I would buy them again if I had to do it all over again.

Attachments

• SDC10276.jpg
    SDC10276.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 104
  • SDC10275.jpg
    SDC10275.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 114
Those look cool KJ, kinda stealthy. But if your going for bolt on function and FLASH you can't beat these. Plus they come already chromed.

Attachments

• Moore park Aug 2 2008 (41).jpg
    Moore park Aug 2 2008 (41).jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 120
  • Moore park Aug 2 2008 (43).jpg
    Moore park Aug 2 2008 (43).jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 112
  • Moore park Aug 2 2008 (26).jpg
    Moore park Aug 2 2008 (26).jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 94
KJShover, how is it noticable ?
globally even at low speed or just and high speed ?

The chromed type are coming from Exactrep ?

I know a lot of question lol

Yes exactrep. Can't speak for KJ but I feel I can hold a tighter line through corners, no or little frame flex through transitions from one angle to the next. I too have a fork brace and radials so they all help.

i was thinking about the frame brace and the mega fork brace of exactrep.
Was just wondering it was worth.

I saw one guy with the OverRacing frame brace, it really look good and different from the usual ones.

YAMAHA-V-MAX1200-SUB-FRAME-KIT-TYPE-2_198.jpg

YAMAHA-V-MAX1200-SUB-FRAME-KIT-TYPE-1_197.jpg

YAMAHA-V-MAX1200-STAINLESS-CARBON-SLIP-ON_52.jpg

But it's over priced like all the parts they're selling.

Over racing does some other ones that are an X pattern. But I cannot find the direct link. I have photos of them but they are not on the bike.... I heard they are very very spendy. I might have to try to build some this winter....

scooter

On my old max, to get rid of that wet noodle feeling, I had Dale Walkers frame braces, and braced the rear swingarm... It did help a little, but it was never the canyon carver people said it was going to be.....Its just the design of the frame, and the suspension components...

i run exactrep's. i love 'em. i got them used so they came black, i think they're p/c tho.

they help a lot. i would go exactrep or walker since they're bolt on. also remember if ur running any engine guards, certain ones won't work w/out modding.

i run exactrep's. i love 'em. i got them used so they came black, i think they're p/c tho.

they help a lot. i would go exactrep or walker since they're bolt on. also remember if ur running any engine guards, certain ones won't work w/out modding.
used ones ey......:hmmm:

I bought a set from furbur powder coated black and welded in the tabs, I like them because the look like they are part of the frame,you can take a look i got some pics of my bike in the gallery.JIM3933

i wouldn't have picked them up had I known the FBI would be looking at me for purchasing them.
:rofl_200:just kidding bro glad you got them, stayed in the east coast family thats all that matters. Ill find some....one day :punk:

havent seen a good rugby game in a while too bad missed the game and ride this weekend, better get my priorities straight :bang head:

havent seen a good rugby game in a while too bad missed the game and ride this weekend, better get my priorities straight :bang head:

Only one thing to do about this....set up another ride and just hope for good weather.....sound good? Gimme the word and I'll have a good one shortly!! :punk:

Only one thing to do about this....set up another ride and just hope for good weather.....sound good? Gimme the word and I'll have a good one shortly!! :punk:
i say hell YA!!!!!!!! not sure when im getting the truck, give me a day to figure it out im hoping i'll be driving it by friday sooooo maybeee mmmmm on the weekend..........

KJShover, how is it noticable ?
globally even at low speed or just and high speed ?

The chromed type are coming from Exactrep ?

I know a lot of question lol

There was a noticeable hinge at certain speeds when I would hold a line through certain corners up here. Not unlike the XS11 or similar shaft driven bikes. I wouldn't say it was high or low speed I would notice it between 45-65 mph.

After swingarm and frame bracing it went away. This bike was never ment to be a canyon carver and I don't ride it that way. But it's now a solid and predictable machine when I'm picking lines.

Yup, the beefy chrome one is comming from Exactrep.

No worries on questions :biglaugh:

i say hell YA!!!!!!!! not sure when im getting the truck, give me a day to figure it out im hoping i'll be driving it by friday sooooo maybeee mmmmm on the weekend..........

me too. won't be available until weekend of 11/7 tho. going to salem this weekend.

i commute in anything over 30 deg, but for a decent ride i'd prefer over 45.

I have the walker bars and personally I think he did a better job with the attachment points. They are cleaner looking.

Also I try to make everything I add to my bike look like it was supposed to be there and not added on. That's just my philosophy.

Chris

Latest posts

Back