Free - membership

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well when I registered, my confirmation email went to spam....yall might wanna check there.

I am unsure about you having issues with the site not allowing internationals. It ALWAYS was open membership to anyone worldwide. As to whats different, this site here is a bulletin board for forums while the vmoa.net site is a CMS site that yes, it has forums, but thats a fraction of what it has to offer. It has interactive chat that runs on the same pages as the site, online vmax parts/service manauals, archival vboost magazines, interactive calendar, and so much more. There is so much more the site can expand upon, but we never even touched its full capabilities. Now being free and open to all so everyone can take advantage of it.

LOL... you're definitely overselling xoops software. It is a bulletin board software with a portal attached to it for a front page. I have one on this software but don't use it. I also don't use xoops because it is a horribly coded forum software. There is a reason I haven't upgraded any of my vB forums to vB 4 or 5 and it is because they are horribly coded. BTW a CMS is a software program like Joomla or Wordpress. Hopefully you're finished downplaying this site even though it supports and is running everything on your list.

Ever go by a tag sale and notice nothing is selling and then two days later most of the stuff from the tag sale is in the front yard with a "FREE" sign on it and then the stuff disappears ? Well the stuff isn't any better its just FREE and everybody wants something for nothing even if its not as good as what they have. It doesn't take them long to figure out why it was free.

For the price of free it was enough to get me to make an account and login. From what I have seen so far it appears to be quite inactive in comparison to this site and a lot of the forum categories are chalk full of old threads.

I don't think the OP intended to offer it up as a replacement for this site, just another place to talk to fellow Vmaxers.

When it comes to who has the best website... Who cares as long as it does its intended purpose. Personally I hate vB but I still like this site and it works really well for its intended purpose. As for vmoa.net boasting that it has a CMS and is better, etc I would have to say I find it overall to be cluttered and the interface to be quite unappealing. At the same time it has a lot of Vmax enthusiasts that may not have ever heard of this site and could lead to new friends, riding buddies, or shared information sources.

In the end both sites exist for the same purpose. We all like our bike's and enjoy assisting others when able so they may enjoy their bike as well.

Ryan

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I don't think the OP intended to offer it up as a replacement for this site, just another place to talk to fellow Vmaxers.

In the end both sites exist for the same purpose. We all like our bike's and enjoy assisting others when able so they may enjoy their bike as well.

Ryan

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

+1,

A good portion of people that I know are on both sites.

You were approved last night and I see you logged into the website at 10:41pm.

I registered but never got an email, it probably will take awhile I guess. I checked my spam folder and not there either. If I don't get it by tonight I'll try again.

I am not out to overrun this site. I admit, I too love VMF and regularly come here. Yes Forum is just a component of CMS. vB is just what it is, its awesome at doing FORUMS! Case closed. XOOPs just is more robust being software based upon modules. For each module you load, you get more features to the site. I havent had any issues with the code I am runningand its error free. General rule of thumb, as you know it too, test it before you deploy it.

I hope users can enjoy the best of both worlds.....

Enjoy!

LOL... you're definitely overselling xoops software. It is a bulletin board software with a portal attached to it for a front page. I have one on this software but don't use it. I also don't use xoops because it is a horribly coded forum software. There is a reason I haven't upgraded any of my vB forums to vB 4 or 5 and it is because they are horribly coded. BTW a CMS is a software program like Joomla or Wordpress. Hopefully you're finished downplaying this site even though it supports and is running everything on your list.

Yes, its the website. The VMOA is now all FREE and changing the way they do things. There seems to be a great international presence that's driving this and due to the decrease in memberships we've decided to just open it all up and let everyone benefit from the website for what it has to offer. So yes its a website, but no its more that just a FORUM like this. The forums is just a small part of what the site is capable of and is very expandable.

That is a great idea.
Dave

I haven't got any confirmation yet and checked my spam folder twice already :(
But I finally got in.

I looked for the vboost archives but I can only find the index. Did I miss something?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I haven't got any confirmation yet and checked my spam folder twice already :(
But I finally got in.

I looked for the vboost archives but I can only find the index. Did I miss something?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I am not sure why you never received confirmation email. All registrations are usually approved within a few hours of submittal unless its afterhours, then its first thing the next morning. Not knowing what your user ID is, I cannot determine the time of approval. Emails are sent from the [email protected] account the same time that the user account is activated therefore you should have received one right after it was approved. As to the vboost archiveds your referencing, the vmoa.net landing page states clearly on item 10 "Online VBOOST Publications (Coming soon)", therefore its not online as of yet.

If you sign up, you should eventually receive an activation notification email after registration. Please check your SPAM folder if you do not get one.

Thanks...

Back