Front fork question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jagco1

Reaction score
Ok guy's I hate to ask this 1. Can some 1 tell me what is the size allen key that fits my 1992 front forks top screw caps.

I can not find this info online.

I'm not trying to buy the hole allen socket key kit when all I need is 1.

All I need is the right 1, I can order it online.

Look around your shop, I'll bet you have something there that, with the smallest bit of grinding, will fit perfectly. Just a couple days ago I needed the same wrench and found an odd stubby 2-step socket (maybe a plug wrench for a chainsaw...:confused2:) that required a little bit of grinder work and bingo...fit like a glove and the cap bolts were off in a couple minutes. :clapping:

Use the head of a bolt and either double nut it and use a socket or weld an arm to it.
This will get you out of a jam if you don't want to outlay for an allen key.

Thank guy's

I found a 17mm hex key....

Attachments

• 1393387941462.jpg
    1393387941462.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 25
You can do that to hold the damping rod in a fork while you tighten or un-tighten the allen screw in the bottom of the slider. I think I ended-up using a 1-1/16" dia. (socket-size) hex-head bolt for my Yamahas. I just sprayed it orange so it's easy to spot in the toolbox when I need it.

Use the head of a bolt and either double nut it and use a socket or weld an arm to it.
This will get you out of a jam if you don't want to outlay for an allen key.

You can do that to hold the damping rod in a fork while you tighten or un-tighten the allen screw in the bottom of the slider. I think I ended-up using a 1-1/16" dia. (socket-size) hex-head bolt for my Yamahas. I just sprayed it orange so it's easy to spot in the toolbox when I need it.

Funny I had all ready cut it... Cut off 3/4" and use a 17"mm socket on it.

Thanks thanks thanks for all the help over the pass 1.5 years

Back