Front Forks

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WeidemanR

Reaction score
First off this is my first post after reading many threads on this board and would like to thank everyone for there knowledge and information that i have learned. Owning a vmax wouldnt be as easy with out the information on this board.

I have a question on the front forks on my vmax. Im almost positive that it has stock springs because it is very saggy and soft. Ive read many things about progressive springs and the racetechs but was also seeing that a few people have changed whole fork assemblies too. Just wondering which do you guys think is the best route to go. I had a buddy wreck his vmax and was very lucky to walk away from the accident due to head shake so i would really like to make this as safe as i can. Thanks in advance! Bob.

First off, welcome to the forum!

The best way to go is also the most expensive way, inverted forks, either R1 or GSXR - but need custom triple trees, like the ones from Otec or Cycle One Off

Anything from stock is an improvement. I have Ricor Intiminators, Progressive Springs, custom fork clamp and fork brace and I think it a very good set up.

If your on a budget, I would go with Racetech or Progressive springs and 15wt premium oil. than you can get Ricor's intiminators or Racetech valve emulators, etc....

As far as head shake goes, no matter what upgrades you do, if the steering stem bearings are bad or not adjusted properly, none of the upgrades will help.

Mike

Progressive springs are great and not that expensive. But remember that the oil does the damping, and the Max uses air to prop up the springs. What your air pressure in the forks, and how old is the fork oil?

my advice, strickly from what I've seen, is get some progressive springs.

Sean Morley did an exchange for me with forks he'd custom built. The price was extremely reasonable and I consider it some of the best money I've spent. You need to check the neck bearings and adjustment as stated. Nothing will help without both being good. Check Morley Muscle and give Sean a call, he's "The Man" and more than willingly shares his knowledge.

Mine have new seals, racetech springs and gold valve emulators. Lowered 1" internally and BG fluid in them.

Dave

Latest posts

Back