Fuel Filter

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

namyzzo

Reaction score
To those who haven't checked theres lately = heres what I found when I bought a used 86 max.. pretty crusty!!

Attachments

• 86VmaxFilter.jpg
    86VmaxFilter.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 56
  • 86RustInFilter.jpg
    86RustInFilter.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 46
It's amazing how crapped up a fuel filter can get,

I changed the filter on my 2002 2500HD at 30,000 miles and can't even figure out how the damn thing was running. I couldn't blow though it even with compressed air, in the direction of fuel flow, I cut it apart with a band saw and it looked worse than what you're showing us even...........

I change it every 20,000 now since you gotta raise the bed or drop the tank to change the fuel pump out on this truck......

I changed the filter on my 2002 2500HD at 30,000 miles and can't even figure out how the damn thing was running. I couldn't blow though it even with compressed air, in the direction of fuel flow, I cut it apart with a band saw and it looked worse than what you're showing us even...........

I change it every 20,000 now since you gotta raise the bed or drop the tank to change the fuel pump out on this truck......

111,000 and counting; knock on wood, damn thing still runs like a top,

Love the 6.0 Gas except for the mileage.....

111,000 and counting; knock on wood, damn thing still runs like a top,

Love the 6.0 Gas except for the mileage.....

Our 6.0 4x4 work truck gets 6mpg.I love the truck and power but am glad that I am not feeding the thing!My 5.3 Yukon xl is getting 20-21mpg on 87octane since I started adding acetone and xylene to the gas.24-25 on the highway.Working on a hydrogen generator,will get more.

To those who haven't checked theres lately = heres what I found when I bought a used 86 max.. pretty crusty!!

Ther is a real nice Napa fuel filter that you can replace the stocker with.Fits in the rubber holders and it comes apart for cleaning.Only about $10 too!

Ther is a real nice Napa fuel filter that you can replace the stocker with.Fits in the rubber holders and it comes apart for cleaning.Only about $10 too!
Ok Shawn, you had to know that this would be coming.......:ttiwwp: :biglaugh:
Well, "pics" may not be needed, but a part number.....a part number would be great.:worthy:

Ok Shawn, you had to know that this would be coming.......:ttiwwp: :biglaugh:
Well, "pics" may not be needed, but a part number.....a part number would be great.:worthy:

I have no idea.Maleko has it and told me.

It's a Purolator. Part number 806. Just ask the guy at O'Reilly's or Pep Boys to cross reference that part number.

Attachments

• purolator.jpg
    purolator.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 25
When I replaced mine fuel filter this spring I got a little bits of brown debris out of it. I replaced it with a stock filter but just to be sure I think I'll pick up one of those clear Purolator (#806) fuel filters for the trip down to Ohio. I looked into my gas tank with a flashlight and that looks good.

I use a NAPA Gold # 3011 - fits perfect - much better than the Emgo POS that was in there when I bought it - NAPA is $ 2.99 here in FL. - I split the retainer with a razor when I installed it so I can see when debris builds up.

I have also bought a clear fuel filter and ran that as well . I relocated it so I could clean it without removing the seat . Does anyone know if there is a tank sealant that can be used on the vmax gas tank inside ? I have had tons of debris getting caught in the filter and must clean regulary. :bang head:

I have used several types of tank sealers, coatings, etc. My current favorite is KBS Coatings. I have done 3 tanks with it and am pleased. MUST follow instructions carefully but it is not hard. Have also used Eastwood's system and POR type coatings. All are ok but I don't recommend Kreem. Just my 2 cents...

Latest posts

Back