fuel mileage

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
90 miles would be fine by me. The nicer rides up here have the gas stations spaced around 60-70miles apart. A 60 mile radius really really keeps me too close to home.
I get my sync tool in a couple of weeks and hope that will get me back up there and out there.

got 102 miles this fill up and took 3.5 to fillup but thats 29 mpg its getting better going to try to stay out of the throttle this tank and see if thats the problem

The day I rode my max home I was on the thruway and I filled up at one point after riding 40miles and I put in one gallon .I guess thats not bad for having an aftermarket exhaust k&n filter and a Jet kit.

To the OP ... Your mileage sounds fine to me. I routinely get between 85-90 miles to a tank when the red light comes on. I'm quite aggressive on the bike and the farm roads let me wind it up a bit.

So your slightly fewer miles per tank seems to be just a little bit more of a heavy hand on the throttle.

Take her easy for a tank and see what happens.

my 2c.

Unfortunately that's about the same for me. I averaged 29.66 mpg over the past 7 tanks. Lowest amount of fuel put in was 3.19 gallons and highest was 3.525 gallons. Carbs are synced dead on and plugs look fine. I do feel my idle circuit is a bit rich but not sure if it's enough to cause such low gas mileage.

Further still ... I had a prius in which I was equally aggressive. Folks were shocked to learn that I averaged just over 33 MPG in a car that is supposed to get 50mpg.

Anyway, the point of my bringing up the Prius is that for almost 30mpg, the vmax is one hell of a lot of fun and is still relatively cheap to operate. Sure you can get better MPG on a Vespa scooter, but they won't give you the same rush. I did slightly better in the Prius, but it takes quite a while to pass that slow bastard in front of you. The max will practically leap frog over anybody in your way.

Well ... that's my thought process at least.

Further still ... I had a prius in which I was equally aggressive. Folks were shocked to learn that I averaged just over 33 MPG in a car that is supposed to get 50mpg.

Anyway, the point of my bringing up the Prius is that for almost 30mpg, the vmax is one hell of a lot of fun and is still relatively cheap to operate. Sure you can get better MPG on a Vespa scooter, but they won't give you the same rush. I did slightly better in the Prius, but it takes quite a while to pass that slow bastard in front of you. The max will practically leap frog over anybody in your way.

Well ... that's my thought process at least.

"New" bike did well on Topeka trip. Best tank I got 46 mpg. 40 at the worst.

What I think is funny is that as I pass all these little econo-box sedans on the highway, I'm getting better mileage on a machine that accelerates like a supercar. It's fun to point this out to hippies that like to brag about their mileage.

Not only am I "going green" and getting better mileage than probably 90% of the cars on the road, I'm also faster than 99.9% of them. Win-win.

The steady cruise at 85-90mph out to rice-o-rama netted me in the ballpark of 35mpg, though my bike kept running like ass from it's stupid random misfire problem, which always costs me 10 miles or so to the fuel light when it's acting up.

Latest posts

Back