fuel mileage

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: fuel milage

+1 to shaking her up to get a good full tank. I've gone 130 on a tank, but ran on fumes to get to the pump.Plus shutting off the vboost and crawling down the road. Rather burn it up whenever possible though.
Steve-o

Do you remember that I was offering you a venture pumpking? :)

Hehe yeah :eusa_dance:
That's how I did remember the explanation about the venture diff.

I mainly do city driving, I still prefer to keep better acceleration than saving gas lol
Plus after all I did on this bike, I'm running out of budget for now (main reason I guess) :rofl_200:

well i sync-ed the carbs the right rear carb was wayout and the left and right side was a little off but its raining here so i will have to wait to see if it inproves my mileage.

I get 7-80 mpg but It's 95% city driving. Mixed with highway a little more I get 110 or so.

well i got the bike out this weekend and only got 87 miles before the light came on filled the bike up and it took 3.3 gallons of gas. which is only 26.3 mpg. i run it a little hard but still think i should get more mpg than that.

Got 115 miles beore the low fuel light today. Filled up at 118. 3.2. gals. Not on it too hard.
Does anyone know if the whole 4 gals is usable? Thanks
Steve-o

Got 115 miles beore the low fuel light today. Filled up at 118. 3.2. gals. Not on it too hard.
Does anyone know if the whole 4 gals is usable? Thanks
Steve-o
I know I put in 3.8 gal at a fillup once, I went close to 30 miles after the red light came on! I was feathering the throttle the whole way because I was in BFE ! Luckily there was only one stop sign in the entire 30 miles that I rolled through at 30 mph!:punk:

I got 54 miles on the last tank, and im hoping thats because the tank wasnt full to the brim otherwise thats really bad.

what kidn of riding were you doing? jeeze thats really really bad, even if it wasn't to the brim thats like 1/2 full for me.

what kidn of riding were you doing? jeeze thats really really bad, even if it wasn't to the brim thats like 1/2 full for me.

That might have something to do with it. I wouldnt say anything crazy, but I do like to blip every down shift and wind out a gear every now and then.

Whats the worst you ever got?

the worst i got was when i was doing dyno runs and think i got like 70 miles to the tank.

honestly though, even during time when i waste a lot of gas, such as cold weather as i let it warm up with lots of choke, i've never seen lower than 30 mpg, so like 90 miles.

I used to get 150km/tank (90miles @ about 29mpg), but after I brought it to a mechanic for a sync (he also replaced the air filter from uni to K&N) I'm lucky to get 100km/tank (60 miles @ about 19mpg). I ride hard but not 19mpg hard! No gas is leaking but I replaced some cracked carb joints yesterday hoping that will help, and will do my own carb work from now on. I can't afford to pay someone to f**k up my ride, and then pay them to fix it!
Anybody have other ideas on what I can check to increase my milage?

im new to the max. but i average about 90-100 a tank. i ride around 4000-5500rpm around town and love to down shift and burp it. got a stage 7 jets and 4-1 kerker. i just think it depends on rider tendancies and also weight.

Latest posts

Back