Fun at work

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty McNeil

Reaction score
Last night when leaving the Substation were at out here in Denver city, Texas near New Mexico my work mate got his van stuck in the sub yard, a frequent occurence in these gravel yards if you're not really gentle with the gas. He 'effin buried it up to the axles.
The construction guys were all gone so I was looking around for a strap or something when I spied thier bobcat with the keys in it. I hopped in and pulled up to the rear of his van. He thought I was still gonna pull it out, until I just put the bucket under his tow hitch and picked the rear up and just took off with it, ended up dragging it backwards about 40 yards and turned him around pointing out the gate. He was shitting thinking i was gonna drop it. At one point I picked it up till it was at about a 45 degree angle, which he didn't get a picture of. I found out later it was running at the time, hope it didn't starve for oil......
Haven't been on a Bobcat in 20 years,....Fun....

Attachments

• 2011-08-08 19.13.16 (Large).jpg
    2011-08-08 19.13.16 (Large).jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 2011-08-08 19.15.41 (Large).jpg
    2011-08-08 19.15.41 (Large).jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 2011-08-08 19.15.59 (Large).jpg
    2011-08-08 19.15.59 (Large).jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 2011-08-08 19.16.27 (Large).jpg
    2011-08-08 19.16.27 (Large).jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 2011-08-08 19.16.35 (Large).jpg
    2011-08-08 19.16.35 (Large).jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 24
I work I new and old substations all the time and can attest to how bad the ground can be. We got a 60 foot genie manlift stuck right up to the axels in mud and had to pull it out with a cat

I did something similar yesterday. It was the bobcat skidloader that got stuck though. The guy slid it into a big trench we were digging. I had to go around and push him out with the excavator. I was laughing but the guy in the skidloader just looked really pissed off.

Unfortunately, there are construction deaths every year due to toppling equipment. Many fire departments now have 'special operations' teams who train on heavy rescue techniques, including above-ground (aerial) rescues as well as below-grade rescues. Unstable ground conditions and operators using unsafe techniques are two of the main causes. Here's a site w/many examples of what can happen on a site which results in fatalities:
http://www.osha.gov/OshDoc/toc_FatalFacts.html

These are the types of sheets which I use to inform the combat personnel what they may face on a construction site, and why we teach the first thing to consider upon arrival, is 'scene safety.' After that, it's 'consider additional resources,' while establishing Incident Command. #of, location of, condition of victims... and so the task starts.

That's not a Bobcat... That's a Case skid steer... lol

looks like fun though!

Right on...

Bobcat is a universal term down here, doesn't matter who made it...Just like a"JLG" regardless of who builds it........

Speaking of Safety, back in my 20's spent a lot of time on these things...Figured out you could raise the bucket all the way over the thing, slam the controls forward and it would tilt all the way back and run on the back two wheels while using the "back plate" as a wheelie bar.would go forever like that, just don't try to turn it..:rofl_200:...fun as hell back then, wouldn't do it on a bet now tho' ....not that I get on them ever, yesterday was the first time in 20 something years, took me a bit to figure out all the interlocks and get it to move, :ummm:not like back in the old days when they didn't even have a seat belt....

Latest posts

Back