Funniest "compliment" I've had about my VMax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MDoe8

Reaction score
I rode to my buddies house this evening. On the way there, I stopped by a gas station to grab a drink. As I was walking inside, the guy who was behind me said, "Nice bike man!"...so i replied with a thank you. After I grabbed my drink and was putting my helmet back on, he was walking out the door and started looking at the max a bit more. He then finished with, "Yeah Yamaha is making some pretty amazing bikes these days, this thing is nice! Yamaha used to suck in the 80's!"

I proceeded to just laugh out loud and said yeah.

Technically this is a really good compliment. Because my bike looks like a new one! hahaha. The new headlight really set it off I think. It makes it look MUCH more modern.

Justn thought I'd share, i got a kick out of it.

80's junk! Glad I own an '02! :clapping::punk:

yes, sarcasm..... I understand the levels (or lack there of) of R&D between Gen1 and Gen2 :worthy:

Crappy cell phone picture but you can get the overall idea. Looks much better in person

Attachments

• IMG00510.jpeg
    IMG00510.jpeg
    117.1 KB · Views: 121
Large? It's a 2.5 lb! lol

Headlight is an ebay headlight. If you type in valkyrie headlight, you'll see this particular headlight for sale. I got it for $45 and i'm pretty happy with it. Brighter than stock and looks much better.

The installation isn't 100% complete though. I still need to modify the back enclosure to fit and hide the wires. Other than that, it's good to go

lol! I'll be sure to tell myself that next time ;) Actually it was the jerk on the bike! (myself again)

Last weekend I went to buy some bike pants from a large bike store and pull into the carpark at the same time as some guy in his truck pulls up ,also going into the store, so one assumes he knows something about bikes. He gets out of his truck and immediately goes over to my Max and says "is this the new one?" No, I say it's 19 years old. He says "oh, but it would be just as fast as the new one , wouldn't it? No I say, the new one is roughly 200hp mines roughly 145 if that.
"oh" he says," but it would still be nearly as fast"?
No, I say, but it's fast enough for me.

When I left the store there was a bunch of people looking at it.

Amazing what some people think and say even if they have bike knowledge.

I guess I have gotten the ultimate insult then. I went to the local bike night that sorta caters to the upper crust I guess you would say. I had a few guys looking at my bike and stood around while they all spouted the specs and performance of these things. I never let on that it was my bike. I realized all the sudden that they were under the assumption that this was the new "V Rod" and how cool the styling was and how easy it would be to get killed on it! I was practically rolling on the floor! I had the tuning fork emblems on the airbox cover and the there is the Yamaha right there in the front brake mount. I fired it up and let the Kerker sing it's tune and they left me with, "well, it sounds like a Harley!" What a bunch of morooones! :rofl_200:

Was going for a ride the other day and was filling up on gas , i had these guys come over looking at my bike especially liked how i had polished the scoops .
I had to laugh when one said that it looked good and asked what sort of bike is that is it a Suzuki ...... :rofl_200:

Apparently.... according to the Motorcyclist Magazine I received the other day....

Ducati has been working on a Vmax competitor for YEARS........

It is called the Vyper, and supposedly they have been working on it for years and the photos got leaked.....Ducati is not denying the existence of the bike either...

They have a picture in the magazine.....I don't have a scanner to post the article.....:confused2:

Apparently.... according to the Motorcyclist Magazine I received the other day....

It is called the Vyper, and supposedly they have been working on it for years and the photos got leaked.....Ducati is not denying the existence of the bike either...

They have a picture in the magazine.....I don't have a scanner to post the article.....:confused2:

now thats interesting. and ur teasing!

Well run to office depot and pick up a scanner. Get a usb one, just plug and play.

"...base on the water cooled, four valve 1198.....massively powerful V twin... possibly as big as 1400cc...close to Vmax's 200bhp...chassis steel/alloy hybrid.."
It kinda has a sport bike tail/ rear hugger, chin spoiler and chain drive. It's has scoops too!
Doesn't look too bad, glad to see the likes of Ducati finally responding to Vmax's bold statement 24+ years ago!
Here is a mock up in clay...

Attachments

• Ducati-Vyper-cruiser-concept-clay-560x394.jpg
    Ducati-Vyper-cruiser-concept-clay-560x394.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 45
Others here get the magazine......I was/am hoping they would come along......:confused2:

The pic in the magazine looks like a completed bike......rumor has it they are being tested on the streets in Italy...

I can't wait to rip the first guido who pulls up on me with one of these a brand new A-hole......AND I WILL..... VMAX---NO SUBSTITUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:th_biggun:

Back