Gas Mileage

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rollin thunder

Reaction score
I usually ride about 10-20 miles at a time and,back and forth to work is 9 miles round trip.I have been getting 30 m.p.g. and wasnt very happy but i love the power so I figure thats the trade off.I went on a 200 mile ride this past weekend and was running anywhere from 45-65m.p.h.to my surprise when i fueled up 3x and was getting a whopping 40MILES PER GALLON.:clapping:I do have c.o.ps and a 4 into one exhaust with a stage 1 jet kit and KN filter.I am impressed.

I also do a usual 30mpg in city depending on traffic. On highways, I get 40 mpg or more. So very similar to you ;)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Not bad I dont get very good milage . I spank the throttle way too much:punk: its better than my gmc seirra I get about 12 to 13 mpg

I've never seen much better than 105-108 miles to the reserve light on either of my '86s or the '00, I guess that's in the 33mpg range. I wish I knew how to get 40+mpg out of a max! I've done both a lot of town riding and a lot of highway miles, with similar results.

I've never seen much better than 105-108 miles to the reserve light on either of my '86s or the '00, I guess that's in the 33mpg range. I wish I knew how to get 40+mpg out of a max! I've done both a lot of town riding and a lot of highway miles, with similar results.

Almost believed that the 40+ was a myth lol
I kind of started to think that the weather and temperature could have an impact on the mileage but it could be a myth too :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I've not had the bike long and only fuelled twice that I've counted the volume and mileage, but they've been 44 and 46mpg. I use standard unleaded, 95 RON in the UK, I believe.

I have no idea of my carb setup etc, but power seems to be good, v-boost was tested a few times between those fillups, and fairly long periods of cruising at 80+. Only issue is a bit of stumbling at 2-2500rpm, where I can't seem to be able to decide the best gear for riding between 30 and 40 mph.

My 85 gets its' best 40MPG right @ 80mph. It dropped off to 37MPG @ a constant 60mph, but it's been years since I gave enough of a crap to check it's mileage. And I'm guessing it prolly wouldn't get those same numbers if checked using this 10% ethanol crap we here in MO are forced to endure.

mine varies like that too. 32-34 normal commuting but if i go out and ride, or go on a trip, its usually 39-43.

Mine gets 38-40mpg if I'm riding like a jackass, if I'm just riding normal it'll get 42-45mpg

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

My 85 gets its' best 40MPG right @ 80mph. It dropped off to 37MPG @ a constant 60mph, but it's been years since I gave enough of a crap to check it's mileage. And I'm guessing it prolly wouldn't get those same numbers if checked using this 10% ethanol crap we here in MO are forced to endure.

Yeah 30-35mpg tops here, but it's all ethanol garbage.

I usually get just-under 30 in mostly around-town use w/10% ethanol. Steady 75 mph cruising brings that up to mid 30's but that's about it.

I was getting 30 to 32 when I was riding around town and short straights....a mixture of city and highway, taking it easy on the bike and using fifth gear allot. To my surprise, my mileage increased to 36 to 38 when I ran in third or fourth gear, higher rpm's. I brought this up on the forum about a year ago and many others experienced the same thing. I guess I was trying to take it easy on the bike, but its happier with some R's.

I've not had the bike long and only fuelled twice that I've counted the volume and mileage, but they've been 44 and 46mpg. I use standard unleaded, 95 RON in the UK, I believe.

I have no idea of my carb setup etc, but power seems to be good, v-boost was tested a few times between those fillups, and fairly long periods of cruising at 80+. Only issue is a bit of stumbling at 2-2500rpm, where I can't seem to be able to decide the best gear for riding between 30 and 40 mph.

UK gallon is 20% bigger than a USA Gallon Wonko so your consumption figures are roughly what us guys in the states are seeing.
Having said that however, my Max only goes around 100 miles before the reserve light comes on. :confused2:

Chris.

Back