Gen 1, Further Parts Offering???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpecOps13

Reaction score
I really like the Carbon Fiber parts you offer. Are there other Gen I VMax items that you may be offering in the future?

Thanx,

Re: Gen I, Further Parts Offering???

I really like the Carbon Fiber parts you offer. Are there other Gen I VMax items that you may be offering in the future?

Thanx,

Hey there, I really hope so! Tyga makes a lot of cool stuff, carbon fiber is just one part of their product line, they make a lot of trick billet CNC parts for other bikes.

Would love to hear about other parts you guys would be interested in and I can pass that on to Tyga!

I'll look at what they offer for other bikes and get back with you. Then I won't be asking for things totally off the wall.

Would love to hear about other parts you guys would be interested in and I can pass that on to Tyga!

There's still some demand for lightweight front and rear wheels in both 17" and 18" that support radial tires and are a bolt-on on Vmax gen I!

There's still some demand for lightweight front and rear wheels in both 17" and 18" that support radial tires and are a bolt-on on Vmax gen I!

Interesting, are most just adapting 17's from another bike?...the front easier than the rear I am sure!

Do you do just larger parts or smaller parts as well?

Interesting, are most just adapting 17's from another bike?...the front easier than the rear I am sure!
Yes, most convert to 17" due to the fact that there are more tire choices. It also gives a performance edge by lowering the effective gearing.
I want to stick with 18" tires for maintaining stock performance with additional grip that the radials add.
The front is easier with normally just some light machining on the left fork leg, while the rear has a whole bunch of machining and welding that needs to be done to it.

For the front I've seen people use the '85 OEM wheel (lightest OEM model) and weld onto the sides to make it radial-friendly.

Adapting a rear wheel is still quite a job - requires a lot of work, machines etc..

Lots of peeps used to love Carrozeria wheels but they were rather expensive and have now been discontinued.

There are others still on sale but they're both expensive and heavy, hence the need for something better, lighter, good looking and at a more affordable price point!

Can you make radiator side covers?

Yes, Tyga should be able to do that? My 85 is actually missing the left cover so this would come in handy? Are these parts same left and right or exclusive to their respective side?

I also gave Tyga a speedo cover so good chance we will see that in carbon fiber to complement the other pieces!

Do you do just larger parts or smaller parts as well?

As far as carbon fiber Tyga can really do just about anything, we did just do a large one piece tail section for an RC51, quite a large piece.

They also do some really nice CNC stuff that is all done in house and is very high quality.

Yes, Tyga should be able to do that? My 85 is actually missing the left cover so this would come in handy? Are these parts same left and right or exclusive to their respective side?

I also gave Tyga a speedo cover so good chance we will see that in carbon fiber to complement the other pieces!
Consider me a 100% purchase if/when Tyga goes with the radiator side covers. I pretty much CFed everything else out on the Vmax.

Now if Tyga did ZX12Rs also...we'd be talking more. :) I'm CFing from Germany/Japan for those goodies.

how about a strong but sleek forke brace? without the logo of your company imprint showing.

Is there any chance in the future, that you'll be marketing a set of more radical scoops for the Gen I ?

As I was saying...I can donate "Badan" scoops for making them in CF.

526f.jpg

Last edited:

Przemek: Language Barrier, Donate??????
I don't think you mean the same thing I'm thinking.:biglaugh:

Last edited:

+1 on this. It would be nice if there were a relatively simple (easily found on this site and easily installed by the weekend warrior) solution for light(er)weight wheels that are radial-compatible for the Gen 1 (and Gen2 for that matter) Max.

Additionally, if there were a water-resistant, ready to go without mods shift light for the Gen1, I suspect more than a few could be sold pretty quickly.

+2 on the light weight wheels. I'd like to see Carrozzeria do a run of gen 1 wheels. I'd grab a set.

Back