Gen II Mods, with stock exhaust_Re Post

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quincyp

Reaction score
I am attempting to re-post this topic.

I have a new, but 2014 model Gen II Vmax. Just bought the bike and paid cash, so mod funds are a bit low for awhile. I have removed the airbox baffle and installed the K&N filter. I also put on the PUIG windscreen (pic is in my gallery). Other than that she is stock. Are there any other low cost mods that are worthwhile, until I change the exhaust out?
Thanks.

Not on the low cost but a must do/have is getting Tim's " gurued" reflash for the computer, you won't regret it.

I am attempting to re-post this topic.

I have a new, but 2014 model Gen II Vmax. Just bought the bike and paid cash, so mod funds are a bit low for awhile. I have removed the airbox baffle and installed the K&N filter. I also put on the PUIG windscreen (pic is in my gallery). Other than that she is stock. Are there any other low cost mods that are worthwhile, until I change the exhaust out?
Thanks.

If you disconnect the EXUP cables at the cat, the EXUP will remain open and give you better throttle response, power and better sound in 1st - 3rd gear (it's not programmed to work at all in 4th and 5th).

This a has been tested and it was determined the EXUP is not a performance enhancement on the VMax, it is there to meet noise and emission standards.

Try it you'll like it!

Thanks for all the replies.
Sorry the first post was corrupted.

Based on the feedback, I think I will disconnect and remove the EXUP servos and remove the module (install the code defeater also). Since I will get rid of this later with an exhaust system anyway.

I am considering the Vans and Hines CS-1 exhaust. Mainly because I like the look of the black ceramic cans. Second choice would be the Akraprovic. It's titanium, but more expensive. With either, it looks like the hands down recommendation is the NASH FLASH.

Thanks guys.

Just removed the EXUP cables at both ends and from the bike. Leaving the stock module for now, until the eliminator plug arrives.
Took about 30 min, thanks to VMAX Guru's helpful videos.

Well see how she runs this weekend.

If you get the ECU reflashed, do the EXUP cables still need to be disconnected?

Nash has two flash options. According to the web site. One for a stock bike and one for a bike with the cat removed and aftermarket exhaust. But it's 550 per flash. So I just removed the cables until I can sport for a new exhaust as well. I rode it last night an can't really tell a difference. Definately doesn't run bad or worse than with the EXUP cables hooked up.

Nash has two flash options. According to the web site. One for a stock bike and one for a bike with the cat removed and aftermarket exhaust. But it's 550 per flash. So I just removed the cables until I can sport for a new exhaust as well. I rode it last night an can't really tell a difference. Definately doesn't run bad or worse than with the EXUP cables hooked up.

Only the 1st flash is full cost. Each time (if any) you make different changes in the future, and wish your already flashed ECU to match your new changes, you pay only around $45 reflash fee, if I remember the amount correctly.

I rode a stock 2014 VMAX with the ECU re flashed the past weekend and I was not able to really identify the differences. I had no idea the ECU had a re flash on it so I wasn't trying to notice anything. I found out shortly afterwards that the ECU was re flashed. After I was told, I took bike out again and the one thing that I did notice after was the slight engine braking difference in the first few gears. I was comparing this to my stock 2015. Don't crucify me but I can't bring myself to spending $550. there just isn't enough there for me to justify doing to a stock bike. I will get it done after I put on an Akro exhaust which will hopefully be in the near future.

I rode a stock 2014 VMAX with the ECU re flashed the past weekend and I was not able to really identify the differences. I had no idea the ECU had a re flash on it so I wasn't trying to notice anything. I found out shortly afterwards that the ECU was re flashed. After I was told, I took bike out again and the one thing that I did notice after was the slight engine braking difference in the first few gears. I was comparing this to my stock 2015. Don't crucify me but I can't bring myself to spending $550. there just isn't enough there for me to justify doing to a stock bike. I will get it done after I put on an Akro exhaust which will hopefully be in the near future.

I guess you kept it under 137? :)

Everyone has the right to their opinion, I think if everything that is claimed to be correct in the Re-flash in my opinion it is well worth the $550 but I have not rode a Gen 2 without the Re-Flash. However I owned 7 Gen 1's so I am sure that I will feel the difference........lol good thing is the extra like

Rear wheel stand
Back rest with luggage rack
Monster Big Air intake system
Vance & Hines performance exhaust
Custom ECU reflash
Boulevard windscreen

Were included in the price I paid and I paid a fair price. Unfortunately I bought it from a dirtbag and I am having to do all kinds of crap to get the release of lien.
So I haven't had the chance to ride my new bike. I got taught a lesson, don't think everyone is as honest as you are.

So after I ride it for a while and feel the claims that Tim Nash says will be changed with his Re-Flash I have to go with the many who say it is the best $550 they ever spent.

Once again I didn't have to pay for it it was already bought along with some other good extras... but I won't be enjoying it until after all this BS I have been dealing with now I am communicating with the company who had the lien and title. :bang head:

I am considering getting a 2014 Gen 2, from a dealer in CA. He said that the owner died, and the bike is on consignment by the widow.
The dealer says that the bike has been flashed.
Is there any way for me to tell which flash was installed?

Brian

I am considering getting a 2014 Gen 2, from a dealer in CA. He said that the owner died, and the bike is on consignment by the widow.
The dealer says that the bike has been flashed.
Is there any way for me to tell which flash was installed?

Brian

If it was flashed by Gurued Gear their sticker will be on top of the ECU. There is no way to tell which flash file is in it.....but if done my them it will be specific for what ever mods are on the bike,. If it's stock it could have a "stock" flash.

If it's done by someone else I would have it re-done by Gurued Gear since they are the only company that has put a real honest effort into tuning the Gen 2.

Itgoes,

Thanks. If I am looking at a bike on the showroom floor, can I see the ECU? If not, how much effort (which parts need to be removed) to see if there's a sticker?

Brian

Itgoes,

Thanks. If I am looking at a bike on the showroom floor, can I see the ECU? If not, how much effort (which parts need to be removed) to see if there's a sticker?

Brian
The fake gas tank cover, if you want to know what Re-Flash the Vmax has just contact Tim Nash and I am sure he would have history and with the VIN # he would be able to tell you what you want to know. Just search Vmax guru and you will find the link to Tim Nash's website, I would email him. My 2015 had been Re-Flashed and I was able to get the info about the Re-Flash on the Vmax I bought.

Good Luck
Ron

Back