Getting antsy..... whats everyones plans for 2015?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
What to do.... what to do....

I ve been playing for the last few months with some cars.

I ended up with two supercharged GTP's. A 98 and a 04. My girl has the 98 now and I just picked up the 04.

I am excited to get to the track with these things. The 98 feels pretty darn fast for what it is and the 04, well its been snowy so I haven't had any real testing.

I am guessing 14.40-14.80 out of the 98 and 13.80-14.20s out of the 04.

So I have a couple goals for next year for cars. I would like to try and get the 04 into the 12's, but not sure if I want to put an intercooler on it etc. I think low 13's would suffice enough. Its only a winter car anyways.

My 14 I am not sure what I am doing this year. I ve debated selling it, and buying a gen 2 14, like a 2013-14 model. I put some thought into putting a turbo on my 08 14 and having a really fun bike again, keeping it stock length and current ride height. I thought also of buying a 2012+ used 14, keep it stock and ride it on the street and put the turbo on my 08 and stretch it and lower it more, shoot for mid 8's or something. And I thought about getting another gen 1 vmax, maybe do a supercharger on it and have a cool street bike, though I am not sure how realiable the superchargered vmax would be. Plus the money cost of the vmax and supercharger would be high compared to putting a turbo on my 08 14.

I also thought to put my stretch on the 14 and run it a little more this year and see if I can't hit low 9's or high 8's on it as it is ( stock with exhaust ). I am sure I could do it with enough seat time. Everyone else is doing it on stock bikes with exhaust pretty easily.

And lastly I thought about a gen 2 Vmax again.... just the cost factor. I could keep my 08 14 for my go fast bike and the Gen 2 max as my fun street bike.

Decisions decisions.....

I might try and hit Thunder this year if Mike is going or Lee/Tom etc. Though I also figured that a couple trips out west might be warrantied since I ve already traveled alot of the east side last year.

I might pick up side saddles for my 14 if I don't make it faster. But I am not sure since the top case handles pretty much everything I need for a few days.

Anyone else care to share their thoughts or plans for this year?

Todd

Not got too big a plans for this current year though I am going to part out my current bike and start over with another build. We're working on the Venture/Vmax project and from the first ride we've done it's pretty darn fun so far!

I do plan to ressurect my old Seca turbo and finally do the big build on it i've always wanted to do (it was my first bike). Plans to take and make a hybrid engine and pump out a lot more power. Goal is around 200 rwhp if I can get it there. I've got the original 650 turbo motor (a few of them) as well as stock 650/750 Maxim and Seca motors. Probably not going to use too much from these though. I have a Seca 900 engine which is very rare and would allow for a lot more power. BUT, I also want to see if I can hybrid parts from other Yamaha's that are water cooled and very similar engine setups. So, I have acquired a Maxim X 700, a few Fazer 700's (even a 750), and the FZR1000 engines.

I'm hoping I can use the 700 Maxim X lower block with the 1000cc upper end (jugs and head). I may be able to squeeze the 1000cc crank into the lower block too. This would give the correct cylinder angle to fit into the chassis (the standard fazer/fzr is layed down too much). Trying to decide if I want to stay shaft drive and really considering changing out to chain drive too. If I do that I think the 550 seca/maxim setup would work (shaft drive).

For the eventual Vmax project i'd probably do a big bore and supercharged setup. Maybe turbo setup (for those watching that project we may actually finally be getting somewhere). The supercharged setups work just fine on a street bike but you can't get too greedy with boost without doing the rest of the required work first (rods, pistons, ect...)

Todd, I do still have a 1500 Longrod setup that would be fun but not cheap at all. The gen 2 overall might be a better combination of power and chassis but even then you'd have a greater initial investment then getting this setup and having a custom bike.

Sean

Todd, pick up another Gen 1 and hopefully we can all meet at Thunder, sounds like it's going to be a big one this year!.............You can sell it afterwards if you want to do something else............Looking foreward to getting some miles in with my east side friends this year!!..........................Tom.

My ambitions are much less ambitious. If I get a kidney I'll be happy...

Looking to get my 2nd gear fixed on the 94 and try to make it a little faster. Wife says I could buy a 2nd Gen if we pay her car off. Just not sure im done playing with the 94 yet plus want to stay away from a payment for a while I think, but who knows I might get impulsive and buy a Gen 2 LOL. No Thunder for me this year unless a miracle happens, But I have cart blanche to do any other ride I want any week I want over the summer. Thinking hard about the dragon I know it's probably over run with ppl in the summer but would be nice to mark it off the bucket list and I have friends near by. So if anyone's thinking about going let me know. I think some guys on here go late in the season but not sure I want to wait till the end of the summer to go. Anyway that's my plan.

Looking to get my 2nd gear fixed on the 94 and try to make it a little faster. Wife says I could buy a 2nd Gen if we pay her car off. Just not sure im done playing with the 94 yet plus want to stay away from a payment for a while I think, but who knows I might get impulsive and buy a Gen 2 LOL. No Thunder for me this year unless a miracle happens, But I have cart blanche to do any other ride I want any week I want over the summer. Thinking hard about the dragon I know it's probably over run with ppl in the summer but would be nice to mark it off the bucket list and I have friends near by. So if anyone's thinking about going let me know. I think some guys on here go late in the season but not sure I want to wait till the end of the summer to go. Anyway that's my plan.

The Dragon is a mess at peak riding season !

I ll probably hit the Dragon early this year. Probably like the beginning of April or maybe even end of March depending on weather. I ll post up if I go.

I rode it three times last year on my ZX. Its a blast. Earlier the better since no one was there. But there are PLENTY of side roads that are as much if not more fun than the tail.

Todd

No major plans for the vmax.

I'll be going down to southern WV again to do some off road riding with da boys.

Acquired an old Honda z50 I might get back into shape

Main goal is to finish the addition on my house. I got started late October this year. Don't get much done with 2 hands.... I've held help a couple times here and there. I've got a foundation, walls, and a roof with shingles. That's about it. Long way to go!

selling off some car parts and motorcycle parts, on ebay, lots - of parts

The carbs for the motorcycle only drag with them 5 times.

Will be selling a modded honda prelude soon to. Turbo charge sleeper very quick total rebuilt a lot machine work and a lot me went into this car. I have ran the car at Summit point race way. Before i sale it going to change the 3 stage clutch to a light clutch paddle. Not a scratch on it.

This year things to do, Sale off a lot more stuff. brackets I race in. 9sec / 10sec. money pots just not big enough for me any more. this is just me mind you. I made more money on the street. But getting to old.

Last year a friend mind wreck is bike, $22000 bike at the track motor blown lift side exploded tore in to is leg bike and him flip over few times. His still in rehab now. Man his family girls and sons watch as it happen and my family to. It slowed me down a lot. I'm a watcher now. So a lot parts maybe 2 more cars I will selling soon. I'm letting some 1 else have fun with them.

Just some of the items I'm selling.

Attachments

• P1000208.JPG
    P1000208.JPG
    160.5 KB · Views: 36
  • morecarbpics 060.jpg
    morecarbpics 060.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 31
  • picsfound 033.jpg
    picsfound 033.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 42
  • picsfound 034.jpg
    picsfound 034.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 34
  • P1010261 (2).JPG
    P1010261 (2).JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 36
  • Picture 054 (2).jpg
    Picture 054 (2).jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 37
I ll probably hit the Dragon early this year. Probably like the beginning of April or maybe even end of March depending on weather. I ll post up if I go.

I rode it three times last year on my ZX. Its a blast. Earlier the better since no one was there. But there are PLENTY of side roads that are as much if not more fun than the tail.

Todd
Todd definitely interested in goin along if you don't mind draggin a v-max along behind the ZX14 keep me in mind. :biglaugh:

Will do. Its a fun place to ride on an off day. If you go through the week its not too bad even during mid season. Have to get up early if you want to ride hard and not get stuck behind Vmax's.... er Hardley's ;)

Todd

Last year in July. Got stuck behind the Hardley's and slow cars, so we took our jackets off and stuffed them in the Givi top case and took a slow stroll through.

10915262_899752776725095_2996977854713949915_n.jpg

Bought Henry's 86' frame and motor gonna strip my 85 and use the parts to fix up the 86''and let the mod monkey play with the wallet for the 85' (rehab) wasn't sure how far or what direction I wanted to go restore it or medium customized (medium wins). Mostly looking forward to Thunder in the valley and Hagerstown Md also Ocean city bike weeks . C'mon SPRING !!!

Getting ready to plan a trip soon I think. But weather isn't looking too warm..... But might throw the bike on the trailer and head south for a few days end of Feburary.

Todd

Our last ride of the year was pretty fun but we had too many levels of riders/ bikes, but we had a great time anyway. I arrived Thursday noon and there were not more than a couple bike of the same model, I was the only Vmax there. Both the rides were over 200 miles long and pre planned. Most of us camped, had a couple kegs from a local brewery for the after ride, and had a local pizzeria delivered a bunch of pies. Good bunch of guys who like to ride, and tolerable hang out with.:biglaugh:
The rides will be better divided this year and from what I understand there will be ride leaders set up for dirt only, dual sport, slower paced roadies and a up tempo group. There will even be a canoe trip for the brave ones!

Plan to host an illinois rally this may
Attend the Ozark and Thunder and Michigan Rally
Seriously considering a set of the BST wheels for my Gen
More HP Better Handling. And Looks Nice
Rick

Hey, new to the forum. I was doing research/reading to gain some info about my new 2014 V-Max, saw this thread, and thought I would share as well. Last year I completed a major overhaul of my 1991 Kawasaki Concours. It is the bike my Dad gave me to get me back on 2 wheels many years ago. The rebuild/overhaul was preceded by a rare oil pump failure. It ended up with inverted forks and larger front brakes from a ZX9, a Meanstreak 17 rear wheel and ZX11 17 inch front wheel. The exhaust was modified along with altering the cam timing and carb jetting. I also added an HID headlight conversion with 2 35w HID aux lights and swapped in a alternator from a ZZR1200 with more output. And finally, the rear air shock was swapped out for a ZX9/ZZR1200 hybrid that I put together. Its kinda like a restomod car... the good looks of a classic with modern bits under the skin.
My next project for this year is going to be building a shaft drive ZRX 1200 by grafting on a rear seat/subframe from a ZRX to a Concours frame.. So far, everything is lining up and the project should be completed by the end of this year.

Attachments

• 10672332_10205094822153135_8301722385065487897_n[1].jpg
    10672332_10205094822153135_8301722385065487897_n[1].jpg
    52 KB · Views: 20
  • 10801942_10205238763831587_4840486049373046564_n[2].jpg
    10801942_10205238763831587_4840486049373046564_n[2].jpg
    43 KB · Views: 21
  • 10485822_10205179008497741_5646447466560190939_n[1].jpg
    10485822_10205179008497741_5646447466560190939_n[1].jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 20141109_164342.jpg
    20141109_164342.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 20141204_180859_resized.jpg
    20141204_180859_resized.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 20141124_095123_resized.jpg
    20141124_095123_resized.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 24
I plan on showing beekeeper my tail light at the drag strip this year. You did get me Tom but it wont happen again so enjoy it while you still can.:damn angry:

Back