grinding, clickity, kih-kih-kih-kih sounds on start

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CaptainKyle's THE MAN! I don't know how anybody can fault him or do him wrong (like Mr. Harley). Such as nice fellow. No heat and whacking required--just his kick ass puller, a 8-foot pole that by God's good graces Kyle had lying around in the back of his truck, and an expert who knows exactly how much "persuasion" is needed. :punk: Not only is my impact inadequate, but so is my air compressor (100 PSI aint' gonna do it Johnny).

Anyways, 5 minutes later we were hunting around the garage floor looking for the springs and rollers. I forgot that the zip-ties that I had wrapped around had melted off when I was heating the flywheel up a couple days ago. :bang head:

Kyle, I really hope we're square. And Joe thanks for helping me out as well.

17.gif

Not a problem was glad to help out & meet another fellow Vmax'R. Ninjaneer is a nice guy & lives in a nice neighborhood.( I dont think they would let me live there)LOL. The drive home sucked something happened on I 4 my gps told me left lane closed ahead so I moved over & all the sudden traffic stopped & dam I had been having to pee forever but was trying to get to the next road side park. I got stuck there for about 45 min moved about an 1/8 mile & saw one of them official use only turn arounds so I officially turned around & reprogrammed my GPS to leat use of freeways & found a bathroom. I was also starving by then. I was so hungry I ate Mcdonalds dont know if I will ever get that hungry again. A little slower ride home & took me thru a not so good part of Tampa where I almost got rearened my a Camry being chased by a Crown Vic then the Mustang in front of me joined in. They turned & I got the hell out of there. All in all not a bad trip but its time for some Rum & coke now that I finally made it home.:biglaugh:

Last edited:
Glad to hear you got the job done. I also had good results this morning. I cleaned everything up as good as I could and put it back together. After 11 starts today on a Veterans charity run it sounds perfect. [touch my old wooden head].
All I can think of is a spring jumped out of place, dirt, or a roller stuck :ummm:
Anyway thanks to all who sent in suggestions and once again sorry for jumping the thread.

Thats great, 3 success stories in one thread. I say 3 because Captainkyle did not Pee on his self.......:rofl_200::rofl_200:

Glad to hear you got the job done. I also had good results this morning. I cleaned everything up as good as I could and put it back together. After 11 starts today on a Veterans charity run it sounds perfect. [touch my old wooden head].
All I can think of is a spring jumped out of place, dirt, or a roller stuck :ummm:
Anyway thanks to all who sent in suggestions and once again sorry for jumping the thread.

broook, don't worry 'bout jumping threads. i think that it makes for a better exchange of information. i guess i'm just trying to justify my own hijacks. :rofl_200:

Boy, does this episode bring up bad memorys. I'll be scarred for life from my flywheel episode. Glad you finally got it off!

Glad to hear that you got back safe Kyle. I was working on some new firearms till 3 AM Friday
Morning. It's feast period right now. I have 3 new set ups to test and 2 more on the way. I'd have
been dead on arrival if I'd have gone. But wish I could have..

Hope Ninjaneer can make a Tech Day or Ride with us... Happy the Flywheel was an easy job...

Well I got the bike back together Saturday afternoon. Man I hope I never have to deal with that again. But if I do, hopefully it will be as straight forward as CaptainKyle taught me. Took the opportunity to overhaul the starter motor and install Kjellberg HD starter and ground cables. It must be that I haven't heard the bike turn over for almost 4 weeks, but when I cranked him on, I was surprised how growly it sounded--like a LION waking up from a long nap. Took him out for a spin around the city along the ocean. Man I missed riding. Can't wait to cruise around my hometown in the Panhandle this weekend.

Enjoy your ride and treat her nice, she's been traumatized for 4 weeks. Happy 4th to you and your family.......Joe

CaptainKyle's THE MAN! just his kick ass puller, a 8-foot pole that by God's good graces Kyle had lying around in the back of his truck,And Joe thanks for helping me out as well.

Leave it to a Texas Red Neck to have a random 8' foot pole laying around in the bed of his truck in case he runs out of ammo:rofl_200:

We miss you Kyle:punk:

CaptainKyle's THE MAN! just his kick ass puller, a 8-foot pole that by God's good graces Kyle had lying around in the back of his truck,And Joe thanks for helping me out as well.

Leave it to a Texas Red Neck to have a random 8' foot pole laying around in the bed of his truck in case he runs out of ammo:rofl_200:

We miss you Kyle:punk:
LMAO ! And I have a 2nd pole in case something happens to the first one there not realy 8 foot though only about 4 -5 foot

Latest posts

Back