Harlan shift light mount

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redbone

Reaction score
I have the Harlan shift light and also bought the mount that looks like crap IMO. I see the raptor has a mount that you "clip" the shift light into. I have been looking around to see if I could find something like this for the harlan.
Here is a link to the raptor website so you can visualize what the mount looks like. I also will look at the maglight AA mounting clips which might work also.
If you guys have any other suggestions on different mounts for attaching shift light to the side of the speedometer let's have them!

what did you end up using brian for a mount for the shift light? just got mine and looking for a way to set it up

my harlan flashes at low RPMs sometimes. anyone else have this happen?

Indeed I did have Tom at Cycle One-Off make me a custom mount. I think he's making(made?) one for another forum member as well. Here's a picture of what I have for my mount. It mounts onto one of the speedometer mounting bolts.
I would be willing to ship Tom my bracket after riding season is done b/c I had to modify the bracket a bit after I received it. The light sat at a funny angle and after some filing a angle into the mounting point it allowed the SL to line up with speedometer housing and point directly at my face. Works great as I don't even have to look down to anticipate the shift point, I can see it in my peripheral vision.

Attachments

• IMG_0131.jpg
    IMG_0131.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0132.jpg
    IMG_0132.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0149.jpg
    IMG_0149.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 69
thanks for the input guys.

so are you wrapping velcro all around the SL and then gluing a piece on the speedo?

It's a small strip of velcro on right side of speedo only. I'll be home in 2-3 hours and will post up a picture.

Just one small strip on the side of the speedo and one small strip on the side of the shift light. Gives you time to find a mount you like, or end up keeping it like me.

Latest posts

Back