Have to laugh sometimes

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainKyle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess some people just dont know about maintenance. I had a Kid bring me an 06 R1 this morning & said he does not ride it hard & cant understand why its making a funny noise. the chain was bone dry & I measured 3 inches of slack.LOL I am working on a Triumph Thruxton now 06 model with 650 miles I am cleaning the carbs & putting new gas in it & it is for sale as soon as I am done the guy wants 4500 bucks thats a steal this bike is like brand new & book is like 5700 on it.

yup! altho i like to see people try to learn.

Yeah I like to see people try to learn to its just when they dont try & then cry about the price afterwards. I try & tell people its easier & cheaper to keep them maintained instead of waiting till they break & then fix them.

"You can pay me now or you can pay me later!!" :punk:

yupp! kyle are you a mechanic or just kind of a spare time thing?

nice. i'm a bit jealous.
Some times its good sometimes its bad lately its been so so but thats the way it goes. I am really trying to save & get a buisness together & put a mobile dyno on the road here. I already talked to a few shops & they have no one that tunes there bikes for them they just put in a preprogramed map which is junk. If you ever saw the Air fuel ratio on one of them half ass maps you would crap.

sounds like a good deal. how long u been HD and yama certified? how does one go about doing it?

sounds like a good deal. how long u been HD and yama certified? how does one go about doing it?
Actually have not had my certifications to long.I have been working on bikes a long time & would not have even got the certifications but since its a sue happy world now I wanted to make sure I had papers before opening a shop. There are several schools to get them MMI,Wyo Tech,Ami for harley only. I am pretty sure MMI is the only one backed by Harley,Yamaha,Kawasaki,Honda & Suzuki that you can get the actual certifications from.

I'm actually hugely jealous. I would absolutely LOVE working on bikes all day long and do nothing else. Kyle, you wanna go in business together?

thats twice now 82nd said that. naughty? what u got cookin?

All bollox really. These jokers were laughing at my beautiful spark plugs from 1986, is all.

Nah, seriously, I had one bad plug which I replaced (actually did all 4), but all my problems are coming from my rusty tank. Unfortunately it hasn't been touched yet, because on Monday, while I was fixing a friend's car, a radiator hose blew off and I got burnt pretty bad. Got a nice 8x5" patch on the side of my body with no skin on it. Ouch. And my right arm's got a nice 'sunburn'..

All bollox really. These jokers were laughing at my beautiful spark plugs from 1986, is all.

Nah, seriously, I had one bad plug which I replaced (actually did all 4), but all my problems are coming from my rusty tank. Unfortunately it hasn't been touched yet, because on Monday, while I was fixing a friend's car, a radiator hose blew off and I got burnt pretty bad. Got a nice 8x5" patch on the side of my body with no skin on it. Ouch. And my right arm's got a nice 'sunburn'..

sunscreen wont fix that problem, maybe a few brews might make time pass by faster :punk:

I'm actually hugely jealous. I would absolutely LOVE working on bikes all day long and do nothing else. Kyle, you wanna go in business together?
Its not all its cracked up to be sometimes. I am sure any one that works on them a lot will tell you that. Hopefully in the next 6-8 months I can get my tuning buisness going if I cant do it on my own I might holler at ya.

Latest posts

Back