Having two Max's is a lot like....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannymax

Supporting Member
Reaction score
....having two women!

Sure, it's tons of fun thinking about which one you're gonna mount when you get home from work....BUT they will put you in the poor house in no time! :bang head:

For that reason....Memax is going on the block in the spring cause today I got this little baby from John at PCW.

She's an '86 one-owner, PCW 1260, Stg. 7, full Kerker, Progressive front, PCW clutch....some chrome, with 2nd & 3rd gears undercut, a new gas tank and DYNA ignition. Bike has been serviced and maintained by PCW since day one....got 40k on the clock but less than 15k since the motor build & trannie work.

There's some other stuff but I can't remember it right now....here's a couple real crappy pics, sorry. :worthy:

Oh, and a full can of PPG Corvette Yellow was included...pint, I think.

My wife named her Mellow-Max, I like that name, so that's who she is. :clapping:

Attachments

• 100_3074.jpg
    100_3074.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 99
  • 100_3078.jpg
    100_3078.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 107
Well look at that, from two maxs, to no maxs, back to two maxs.

Looks like a very clean bike - congrats Danny!

Mike

Well look at that, from two maxs, to no maxs, back to two maxs.

Looks like a very clean bike - congrats Danny!

Mike

I never know what's gonna happen next either Mike!! :confused2:

Beautiful danny.Be careful on that beast!!!

For sure Terry, it spins with no effort....if I could drive like Twistedmax I could flat track it around every corner (like he does :worthy:) but I can't....it'd fall over on me!! :rofl_200:

....having two women!

Sure, it's tons of fun thinking about which one you're gonna mount when you get home from work....BUT they will put you in the poor house in no time! :bang head:

For that reason....Memax is going on the block in the spring cause today I got this little baby from John at PCW.

She's an '86 one-owner, PCW 1260, Stg. 7, full Kerker, Progressive front, PCW clutch....some chrome, with 2nd & 3rd gears undercut, a new gas tank and DYNA ignition. Bike has been serviced and maintained by PCW since day one....got 40k on the clock but less than 15k since the motor build & trannie work.

There's some other stuff but I can't remember it right now....here's a couple real crappy pics, sorry. :worthy:

My wife named her Mellow-Max, I like that name, so that's who she is. :clapping:

"My name's 'dan-o' and I'm here to say
got a yellow VMax 'de o-der day
ain't new nor lo-mi, but 'what 'de hay'
gonna have fun fo-'de 'rest o' my day
just ridin' & goin' after I twist 'de key
an' on 'de throttle I'm-a-gonna be
I got to get a-way as you will see
'cause there's a Mod Monkey a-chasin' me!"

th

"My name's 'dan-o' and I'm here to say
got a yellow VMax 'de o-der day
ain't new nor lo-mi, but 'what 'de hay'
gonna have fun fo-'de 'rest o' my day
just ridin' & goin' after I twist 'de key
an' on 'de throttle I'm-a-gonna be
I got to get a-way as you will see
'cause there's a Mod Monkey a-chasin' me!"

th

That's really good FM!! I may have to pick up the ol' guitar....put some chords to that!! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

:hmmm: Gonna have to think on that for a bit Rick, the Kerker is pretty nice, but the Hindle makes some good power....:ummm: Is that the same system you have on Mable?

I belive it is, and their spos'd to make the best power!

Attachments

• 2012-03-04_10-50-18_506.jpg
    2012-03-04_10-50-18_506.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 42
Looks like a Maxgasser seat too ! Congrats. I know about the 2 VMax problem. Don't want to know about the 2 women issue. :rofl_200:

Man, all that power with just the crummy old brakes. Talk about a "widowmaker". Might as well just toss them to save weight and go with the Fred Flinstone style of stopping.

Referring to a 1260 powered vmax as "mellow"....now that's a load of shit if I ever heard one! lol

Man, all that power with just the crummy old brakes. Talk about a "widowmaker". Might as well just toss them to save weight and go with the Fred Flinstone style of stopping.

Referring to a 1260 powered vmax as "mellow"....now that's a load of shit if I ever heard one! lol

Even with the "crummy old brakes" if your not riding over your head or like an ass they have worked well for many a vmax riders.

Ive reserved my comments untill now RA, but WTF ,its true since you ditched your max you have nothing good to say about them,what gives?Did the max provide you with more power then your skills could handle, does your current bike have ABS or just not enough power to get in over your head:confused2:

Looks like a Maxgasser seat too ! Congrats. I know about the 2 VMax problem. Don't want to know about the 2 women issue. :rofl_200:

I think that MAXGASSER was transplanted from the MEMAX:clapping:

....having two women!

Dam, I'm getting old. I'd rather have two motorcycles Dan-o.Look like a runner you have there Bro.
Steve

The mellow part isn't a reference to the power, it ties to the old hippie, doper song....'Mellow-Yellow'....kinda where my roots are, and pretty much how I plan to drive it....mellow like. That way I can enjoy the cheek ripping accelleration but still stay in the range where the brakes will function just fine.

Cause you see, son, I got nothing left to prove....I'm right where I want to be! :th_party39: :th_peace: :biglaugh:

I think that MAXGASSER was transplanted from the MEMAX:clapping:

Correct Rick, Memax gets the OEM seat. The Maxgasser stays under me! :biglaugh:

Dam, I'm getting old. I'd rather have two motorcycles Dan-o.Look like a runner you have there Bro.
Steve

There's a lot to be said for that Steve-o! :punk:

Nice new bike Danny! I'll bet its not too "mellow" with that mill in it!

No, it isn't Bob! I never realized how much more power the 1260 has....now I gotta wait all winter before taking her down the Taconic....whatever will I do?

:hmmm: Well, I could take a peek at the carbs, just to make sure PCW set them up right! :rofl_200:

Nice bike have fun with it !

Thanks Kyle....that's the plan. :punk:

The mellow part isn't a reference to the power, it ties to the old hippie, doper song....'Mellow-Yellow'....kinda where my roots are, and pretty much how I plan to drive it....mellow like. That way I can enjoy the cheek ripping accelleration but still stay in the range where the brakes will function just fine.

Cause you see, son, I got nothing left to prove....I'm right where I want to be! :th_party39: :th_peace: :biglaugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsPvigSTeD0&feature=player_detailpage#t=75s

Once Bitten, you really never get over it. Vmax Insanity Rules... Welcome back to the Asylum Dan-o.:clapping:

Back