Having two Max's is a lot like....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
....having two women!

Sure, it's tons of fun thinking about which one you're gonna mount when you get home from work....BUT they will put you in the poor house in no time! :bang head:

For that reason....Memax is going on the block in the spring cause today I got this little baby from John at PCW.

She's an '86 one-owner, PCW 1260, Stg. 7, full Kerker, Progressive front, PCW clutch....some chrome, with 2nd & 3rd gears undercut, a new gas tank and DYNA ignition. Bike has been serviced and maintained by PCW since day one....got 40k on the clock but less than 15k since the motor build & trannie work.

There's some other stuff but I can't remember it right now....here's a couple real crappy pics, sorry. :worthy:

Oh, and a full can of PPG Corvette Yellow was included...pint, I think.

My wife named her Mellow-Max, I like that name, so that's who she is. :clapping:

Nice bike Danny. Just be careful when you go to mount them. The is a difference in temperature on exhaust ports between bikes and women...lmao. One other thing that caught my attention was the "trannie work", no matter how much work they do, it is still hard to hide that five o'clock shadow! I have to say, that is a nice transformation from when you got it. You have all winter to change your mind a have a "spare" Max sitting there.

Todd

Nice bike Danny. Just be careful when you go to mount them. The is a difference in temperature on exhaust ports between bikes and women...lmao. One other thing that caught my attention was the "trannie work", no matter how much work they do, it is still hard to hide that five o'clock shadow! I have to say, that is a nice transformation from when you got it. You have all winter to change your mind a have a "spare" Max sitting there.

Todd

Yes, a substantial difference in temps!!

Thanks Todd....I won't completely rule out any possibilities....ya just never know.....:ummm:

My favorite Donovan song is, "Atlantis."
"the poet, the physician, the carb tuner, and the other gods of our land, and gods they were...":worthy:

I think "Life" magazine had an article on the kids trying to smoke banana peel scrapings because of Donovan's "e-lec-tri-cal ba-na-na" lyrics. I am old-enough to recall the song first-hand, and have > one version of it in my record catalog.

Well a bike like that should be fun! I keep trying to ride my bike to work but the mornings keep being peppered w/showers. Have you surrendered to the winter yet, and put-up the bike?

Very nice '86 Dan. Gainey know's his stuff. I'll bet that thing screws and it sucks waitin all winter to find out :bang head:

My favorite Donovan song is, "Atlantis."
"the poet, the physician, the carb tuner, and the other gods of our land, and gods they were...":worthy:

I think "Life" magazine had an article on the kids trying to smoke banana peel scrapings because of Donovan's "e-lec-tri-cal ba-na-na" lyrics. I am old-enough to recall the song first-hand, and have > one version of it in my record catalog.

Well a bike like that should be fun! I keep trying to ride my bike to work but the mornings keep being peppered w/showers. Have you surrendered to the winter yet, and put-up the bike?

Smokin banana peels, lickin toads, looking for the secret code to life in lyrics...:biglaugh: it was all good. :clapping:

Yeah, totally given up on any riding up here....they troweled on the salt a couple weeks ago and that killed it for me! No problem tho, just gives me plenty of time to tear it all apart and look stuff over! :biglaugh:

Very nice '86 Dan. Gainey know's his stuff. I'll bet that thing screws and it sucks waitin all winter to find out :bang head:

Thanks....yes, it does seem capable of 'keeping up with the traffic!' And this is only a 1260....I can't imagine what it's like to twist up one of those 1428, 1500 or 1570 torque monsters....man, that's gotta be one hell of a rush!! :punk:

Im just really happy for you.Couldn't have happend to a more deserving guy,Can only imaghain the power.When i first got mine couldnt wait to get it out in front of my place and launch it,at about 6500,spun wheeile,crooked,out of control,A couple of o sh!ts and a slight case of parksain coming back home.learned 4000 rpm was much better.As far as the two women thing, back then,My lil head would get me in more trouble,Than my big head could get me out of.Deepest congrats.Hope it does you well.

Why settle for just two Vmaxes when you can

trio maxes 2.jpg

trio maxes.jpg
have three?

Come on Jeff, One of those is your wifes!still cool stable mates, you two REALLY need to try a set of MAXRELAXERS

Attachments

• 2012-09-19_19-25-43_775.jpg
    2012-09-19_19-25-43_775.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 14
  • 2012-09-20_18-29-30_999.jpg
    2012-09-20_18-29-30_999.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 19
Come on Jeff, One of those is your wifes!still cool stable mates, you two REALLY need to try a set of MAXRELAXERS

I'm still the one that has to do the tire changes, oil changes, hydraulic fluid changes, brake pads, ECU mapping, etc..... on all three bikes. Well, those three Vmaxes PLUS the two hondas not shown in the 1st set of pics. She will stand there and hand me a wrench or hold a light once in a while, IF I ask her politely. :biglaugh:

200-250 miles per day is the max we ever ride our Vmaxes, and so, the OEM seats have never been a PITA for us.

My name's Jim, btw. :ummm:

Vmax family 028.jpg
That's Shala's Blue Ox on the far left, and my Mickey Runey on the far right of this pic. I'd have more in the collection, but the money ran out, and I also ran out of garage space... And if taxes go up next year, we'll be backing the cars out of that garage and riding circles inside it instead of attending any rallies. lol

So....moral of this story: Dannymax needs to hold on to both his sweet rides. If I can do it, Dannymax can do it....

So, you got you a Balistic Banana eh Danny.......welcome to the 1260 club. Looks awesome Danny, I hope you were as happy with your dyno numbers as I was........Joe

I'm still the one that has to do the tire changes, oil changes, hydraulic fluid changes, brake pads, ECU mapping, etc..... on all three bikes. Well, those three Vmaxes PLUS the two hondas not shown in the 1st set of pics. She will stand there and hand me a wrench or hold a light once in a while, IF I ask her politely. :biglaugh:

200-250 miles per day is the max we ever ride our Vmaxes, and so, the OEM seats have never been a PITA for us.

My name's Jim, btw. :ummm:

View attachment 32950
That's Shala's Blue Ox on the far left, and my Mickey Runey on the far right of this pic. I'd have more in the collection, but the money ran out, and I also ran out of garage space... And if taxes go up next year, we'll be backing the cars out of that garage and riding circles inside it instead of attending any rallies. lol

So....moral of this story: Dannymax needs to hold on to both his sweet rides. If I can do it, Dannymax can do it....

I am VERY sorry JIM,my bad, and I guess with the other bikes ,you dont really need the added comfort of the MAXRELAXERS(Gen II highway bars, not a seat)But ,they Do make a huge differance to the comfort of the Gen II

So, you got you a Balistic Banana eh Danny.......welcome to the 1260 club. Looks awesome Danny, I hope you were as happy with your dyno numbers as I was........Joe

Ballistic banana....!! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Hey Joe, yeah, I'm real happy with the numbers, a couple hp below yours but still plenty respectable! He & Brendon surely do know how to set up a VMax, don't they! :worthy:

John was on the verge of changing his mind....he had mine plated, driving it around and loved it! We made the deal on the phone and I told him I'd be there in a couple hours to pick it up....he said, "Take your time I need to say goodbye"! :wink2:

Ballistic banana....!! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Hey Joe, yeah, I'm real happy with the numbers, a couple hp below yours but still plenty respectable! He & Brendon surely do know how to set up a VMax, don't they! :worthy:

John was on the verge of changing his mind....he had mine plated, driving it around and loved it! We made the deal on the phone and I told him I'd be there in a couple hours to pick it up....he said, "Take your time I need to say goodbye"! :wink2:
Dan-o, what are the HP numbers on the Mellow max,? My 1260 was 132 with the EFI and 126 W/carbs.

Latest posts

Back