Head light bulb

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NHVmaxpower

Reaction score
Does anyone have a part # for a replacment bulb that is much brighter than stock? I want to replace the bulb but don't want a stock bulb there just not bright enough. I also DON"T want them blue bulbs I want the white. Thanks

Got some new stuff coming and a few different options already.
Here's the stuff we already offer:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...0034413679.449751.282702488678&type=3&theater

For a hint the new stuff we are working with is a Halo setup as well as a ring of fire LED halo type setup (with different colors).

Though I am currently out of stock I also sell a 90/130 watt bulb. It gets so hot you need one of our adapter harness's that has a ceramic end on it!

Sean

I'm still running (3 years!) the first of two bulbs (55/100) I picked up on Ebay for $11-12!
I thought they would last a couple months apiece but they have far surpassed my expectations, both with their long life and good performance.

I'm still running (3 years!) the first of two bulbs (55/100) I picked up on Ebay for $11-12!
I thought they would last a couple months apiece but they have far surpassed my expectations, both with their long life and good performance.
Do you have the part #? Is it the Sylvania silver star?
Sean good stuff but I just want to get a new bulb moneys tight & can't really afford a whole light set up. Thanks anyway

Have had a Xenon 55/100 bulb in a Max for over 12 years without having to replace. Direct replacement, no relay needed. Think it is a Phillips or other name brand. Like better than halogen as it has a white instead of yellow tint like halogen. Get a name brand or one made in Germany. Avoid Chinese. Poor quality control. Can't remember where I bought it but Pep Boy's used to sell them.

Yea, I think the bulb only with ceramic adapter is in the $40 range?

Sean

Do you have the part #? Is it the Sylvania silver star?
Sean good stuff but I just want to get a new bulb moneys tight & can't really afford a whole light set up. Thanks anyway
No it's not a Sylvainia Silverstar, here is the info for the confimation email I received from ebay:
Seller:mister_bulb ( 468
iconTealStar_25x25.gif
)
s.gif
97-05 Yamaha V Max 1200 motorcycle H4 Xenon White bulb (170476337106)

I only paid $1.99 for 2 bulbs! But the shipping was like $8 or $9, but ended up well worth the cost. I also run a relay on low and a relay on high beam.
I just did a search for this Ebay vendor and he does not have any products for sale anymore or at least for the time being. You should be able to locate a similar deal on Ebay or maybe try a Silverstar bulb from a local auto parts store.

The silverstars are nice but they have a short lifespan. You may wish to get 2 and carry the spare in your toolkit... which honestly isn't a terrible idea regardless of bulb.

The silverstars are nice but they have a short lifespan. You may wish to get 2 and carry the spare in your toolkit... which honestly isn't a terrible idea regardless of bulb.

A lot of times they are cheaper in 2 packs. I run hi during the day so I always have my low beam as backup.

Local autozone now carries zxe bulbs, will try one next time I burn one out.

I have a HID kit I need to install but the 55/100 works fine since I don't ride at night much around here. I think the HID would be worth it on longer trips where I might ride at night in unfamiliar areas.
If you carry a spare bulb, carry it in a plastic easter egg with a bit of padding, like maybe some of the plastic easter egg grass.:biglaugh:

A lot of times they are cheaper in 2 packs. I run hi during the day so I always have my low beam as backup.

Local autozone now carries zxe bulbs, will try one next time I burn one out.

Yeah, for like $50/pair! Usual auto zone pricing.....$rape

I also ran the 55/100w "ebay special" bulb in mine. It was under $5 shipped, and had been in service over 2 years when I sold the bike. The highbeam was fantastic at night. I never had any issues with the connector melting or other heat issues and I had it on high probably 99% of the time.

I ordered 4 at the time, used one, gave one to a friend, should have a couple kicking around. My Z and my sled take H7 bulbs so these aren't any use to me anymore. You can have one if you want. PM me your address and I'll send you one next time I'm home.

^ PM Sent.
I'd definitely like to try one those 55/100W H4 Bulbs, if you have an extra one laying around.

Yeah, for like $50/pair! Usual auto zone pricing.....$rape

i agree, but for $25 per bulb which lasts a year or two i figure its worth the 'insurance'. i can handle that trade-off.

Ordered the 55/100w hella what is the verdict will the stock harness carry the load? Low beam mainly, high beam in intervals.

Latest posts

Back