Headlight Options

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hijacker

Reaction score
What do you guys think of some of the headlight options that are out there?
I see some of the street fighter-ish headlights and think they may look pretty cool. Anybody have pics of non-stock headlights mounted?

Ducati Headlight
Street Fighter Look

Almost done I think with getting a gen 2 design mounting system done!

Love my Exactrep Cybermax for looks and wouldn't change it.
The light output is terrible even having upgraded to two 100watt bulbs.

Friend of mine has a FZ1 or FZ6 mini fairing with light on his that looks pretty awesome too although I have no picture to offer.

eBay has people who sell either 41 or 43 mm rubber-insulated downtube 2-bolt headlight mounting sleeves/ears for reasonable $ in different finishes. I got a pair in black to mount my personal choice of another size round headlamp bucket. I'm not finished so no pics of the conversion.

Forget the ebay plastic bathroom bulbs as they are only good for taking a dump.
I've seen a cybermax "live" and I must say that I would forbidden selling them at all.
Good for showroom only.

You need to invest in a good round relector or convert some lens projectors.
One way shown below.

newheadlight.jpg

I'm using a dual projector headlight (not fog light) with different lenses for low and high beams. I added 35W HIDs. Not a plug and play but it works and looks different.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I like this option... $$$$$

http://www.aztec8.com/catalog/i201.html

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I've seen these installed on a vmax and they look great. I would then convert them into HID thereafter for a full range of lighting. I was looking at these prior to doing a stock light HID conversion and that alone solved my lighting problems.

The Aztec site has lots of good hardware & you can get a single 7" round headlamp for $138. The downtube brackets I saw on there are single-bolt, I think a double bolt bracket would hold things much more-securely.

A comment on pricing-whatever allows me to see better at night, especially those U.P. deer in Brimley MI coming-out from the side of the road, well, if you ever hit a deer in a car, you know $300 for a really-good headlight is cheap w/what you pay to fix your vehicle, and a bike? "Fugedt ab-bodt-et!" How-much damage are you gonna do to yourself from a substandard lighting system which doesn't allow you to see that deer before it's too-late? One of my Battle Creek-area friends totaled one car and did thousands in damage to their truck in <30 days from hitting deer. Their insurance agent didn't want to answer any more calls when they called.:confused2:

I have the cybermax headlight, didn't like the light it put out so i upgraded it with HID and it lights up everything very good night vission now, Plus like Rusty said i love the look

+1 on investing in a good lighting. Why putting 300$ just for cosmetic stuff while headlight will improve ur safety...

+1 on investing in a good lighting. Why putting 300$ just for cosmetic stuff while headlight will improve ur safety...

Can't get a brighter bulb? I think some of the guys change them for looks. My bike head lights are brighter than my truck.

I have a HID in my stock bucket and people bitch about my light being too bright! LOL I love it at night though!

I need to put my cybermax back on & put HID's in it. Been looking at kits just trying to find the right one.

Yeah I need to figure that out myself. Space is very limited in that Cybermax tho. The lights they come with are really just pencil beams with little or no space for a reflector to do its part.

Yeah I need to figure that out myself. Space is very limited in that Cybermax tho. The lights they come with are really just pencil beams with little or no space for a reflector to do its part.
I removed the deflectors that are in there that shoot the beams downward since they are really fog lamps, this maks plenty of room for the hid bulb, then i put one of the ballast in my left scoop(with a little modification to get it to fit in there) then i put the other ballast on top of the cid modual, at first i was a little cautious about putting over the cid thinking the elect. noise would interfere with the cid, but it didn't effect it at all. OH!! and did i say I LOVE THE H.I.D. LIGHTING I CAN SEEEEE NOW!!!!:punk:

I've done this a long time ago with 60 bucks...

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 07022011301.jpg
    07022011301.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 07022011305.jpg
    07022011305.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 33
Back