Highway Pegs??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

max03

Reaction score
Hello, Just wondering if anyone offers a set of highway pegs/mounts for a vmax? I love my bike but lately long trips im cramping up, it would be nice to have my legs stretched out a bit. Maybe engine guards?

Better yet i just searched through the gallery and spotted a vmax with billet aluminum forward controls! Are they something that can be purchased or were they fabricated? I would prefer the billet forward controls!!

Its harder to drag race with forward controls.

We sell a forward control setup as well as the modified engine guards.

Don't have it on the work computer here. Head to the facebook link in my signature. The forward controls can be seen in the pictures of the Muscle Exhaust pics and video on the "Blue" bike.

There is a photo album showing the various flip up peg conversions we have on the OEM engine guards.

Has anyone ever seen these?? It looks like the pegs are further out for us long leg folks. I just wonder if they will still work with my engine guards. hmmm......

ry%3D480

Well hell, I just now realized they were on a Shadow. But the description on the site says it fits a VMAX. The picture is just for reference
:bang head::ummm:

There is a set like that for the Vmax. I think I had to get a replacement peg for a customer before.

Here is another brand to look at; Rivco. Link
I have a set of black pc (factory) that are too long for me (32" inseam). here are some pictures:

Attachments

• Rivco hwbars.jpg
    Rivco hwbars.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 45
  • Rivco hw bars2.jpg
    Rivco hw bars2.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 37
Did they look pretty good on the bike Redbone?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Never installed them, as soon as I got them I knew they would stick out too much in the position I would have to reach them. I think they would look better if they were pointed further forward and the pegs adjusted. They are very stout bars and have a quality feel to them, they are made out of billet aluminum.

I just got these and installed them. I haven't had any other pegs to compare them to but just having something up there is a world of difference on the bike for highway/interstate riding. They don't stick out too far, possibly could come out a bit further, but for the price you can't really go wrong.

http://www.amazon.com/Drag-Specialties-Rubber-U-Clamp-17-6452BXLB1/dp/B000GU5IUQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1375027698&sr=8-2&keywords=highway+pegs

Even if you were looking for something more permanent these would get you by until then. They can go in a couple different places and be flipped around to be a bit closer or further away. I'm 5'9" and they're great for me. I think they look good too!

Couple pics:
pegs-back_zps170e8732.jpg

pegs-left_zps6db99a49.jpg

pegs-folded_zps8ed8a616.jpg

pegs-front_zpsa0bf86f5.jpg

I use my engine guards as foot rests . My legs cramp and some arthritis issues nice to have extension for legs but the guards can save your engine in case of a dumping . I know I dumped couple weeks ago . Bent my guard up but saved my engine from any damages.. Soft landing side of the road ..

I use my engine guards as foot rests . My legs cramp and some arthritis issues nice to have extension for legs but the guards can save your engine in case of a dumping . I know I dumped couple weeks ago . Bent my guard up but saved my engine from any damages.. Soft landing side of the road ..

What's the guard saving your engine on a spill have to do with mounting highway pegs?
And I would think you would want something more substantial for resting your feet than the guards if you have arthritis. I've tried that before and you have to constantly use leg muscle to hold them up there.

What's the guard saving your engine on a spill have to do with mounting highway pegs?
And I would think you would want something more substantial for resting your feet than the guards if you have arthritis. I've tried that before and you have to constantly use leg muscle to hold them up there.

engine guards the engine in case # 1 #2 can be used as a foot rest or a simple stretch of legs .. arthritis is in my joints not the muscle it makes very uncomfortable to ride on pegs with both feet for me that is ..

I know I dumped couple weeks ago . Bent my guard up but saved my engine from any damages..

You got some skills to know how to bring the bike in for a safe landing ;)

Still don't see how having highway pegs is going to save your engine though.

You got some skills to know how to bring the bike in for a safe landing ;)

Still don't see how having highway pegs is going to save your engine though.

It was either head on with jeep go up embankment (airborne for sure ) into cornfield or slide where and how did skilled or just glad that my BIKES ENGINE GUARD did what it suppose to do . never said highway pegs

Back