Holeshot install question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fmcandrew

Reaction score
Hey guys...was installing my new to me (used) holeshot exhaust and it appears that the stock header flange bolts might be too short. I say might because when I look at the pics on the Holeshot Performance site it appears that the stock bolts are used and that the flanges don't even come close to snugging up to the head.

I didn't get instructions or any header hardware so hopefully one of you can chime in and can calm my already rattled nerves...

Thx

Hey, I bought the Holeshot full system new back in Dec./13 and I used the
existing bolts to mount. Don't know if it matters, but I have an 03. Love the sound and get a lot of compliments...Hope this helps

Jeff

IIRC doesn't one set of flanges have a collar on them? maybe some pics?

Here is a pic from the Holeshot site...it appears the collar that goes into the head doesn't go in all that far and it also appears the stock hardware is being used. Just wanted to confirm because it looks a little odd to me.
600x401_25_vmax_VMax_42ex_07.jpg

If it bottomed on the head it would not allow for clamping pressure to snug up the gasket. Looks fine to me.

Make sure you have the gaskets in there. Some aftermarket are really thin making the stock nut unusable.

Dale

Thanks Sean & everyone else for your thoughts...Looks like I'm on the right track...I'll most certainly know once I fire it up...

FYI... when the system is new from Holeshot, Dale recommends using a hi-temp black silicone sealant at the joints and of course new gaskets at the heads.

I have the holeshot 4 to 1 setup and no mods needed. Bolted right up.

picture.php

Hey guys...was installing my new to me (used) holeshot exhaust and it appears that the stock header flange bolts might be too short. I say might because when I look at the pics on the Holeshot Performance site it appears that the stock bolts are used and that the flanges don't even come close to snugging up to the head.

I didn't get instructions or any header hardware so hopefully one of you can chime in and can calm my already rattled nerves...

Thx

Back