Holy crap, this will tick you off

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe you should ride a Harley:confused2: and not a Vmax:ummm:

Are you actually insulting me because I don't speed on public roads? Or run from cops?

And if you want to get into a pissing contest I'll compare notes with you.

Take it to the track.

Are you actually insulting me because I don't speed on public roads? Or run from cops?

And if you want to get into a pissing contest I'll compare notes with you.

Take it to the track.
Just going by what you wrote pal.

Oh fuck you got notes, never mind.

Maybe you should ride a Harley:confused2: and not a Vmax:ummm:
If I wanted to speed (all the time) and cop run, I don't think a Vmax would be my first choice in a bike. I don't know how the roads are laid out where you live, but here they're pretty curvy just about anywhere you go. Maybe I'm just a puss that can't ride...dunno, just sayin
Oh, and if Hardleys were built better and more affordable I would own one of those too :eusa_dance: I do realize you weren't talking to me, but I share the same thought on this as 427

Back to topic, that cop should hang in public.

If I wanted to speed (all the time) and cop run, I don't think a Vmax would be my first choice in a bike. I don't know how the roads are laid out where you live, but here they're pretty curvy just about anywhere you go. Maybe I'm just a puss that can't ride...dunno, just sayin
Oh, and if Hardleys were built better and more affordable I would own one of those too :eusa_dance: I do realize you weren't talking to me, but I share the same thought on this as 427

Back to topic, that cop should hang in public.
Shit, you too? Ya you got me, I want a harley too someday.
By golly your right, an R1 does things no vmax will ever do.

But seriously, really seriously. Im really glad you two share the same opinions.

I dont give a fuck how either of you ride. I respect ALL forms of RIDING. Now Leave me out of your righteous little thoughts and opinions.

FREERIDER,
P.S., comedy central is playing your south park right now.

Well everyone has an opinion just remember opinion are like assholes we all have them.:biglaugh: As far people being righteous well I don't believe anyone who has a Vmax and says they don't speed you did not buy a Vmax to get groceries get real .:rofl_200: Everyone rides for a reason and rides their way nothing said will changed that :confused2:

It amuses me how the Gen I VMAX still has the aura about it as being fast when it's now one of the slowest bikes on earth.

I've owned my VMAX for a very long time and I've only gotten one ticket and that was for doing 45 in a 35 zone. I have, however, taken it to the drags many times. I don't street race. Same with my 505 HP car, I take it to the track. I hit 170 MPH in my car on the long straight of the road course here locally but it's under controlled track conditions.

Spend a few dollars and enter a Saturday drag race or spend a few more dollars and go to a track day at a road race course. You don't endanger other people's lives like you would on the street.

Righteous?

If you kill someone while racing on the streets you will be charged with Vehicular Manslaughter. That's like murder ~ but with a vehicle instead of a gun. You're facing lots of attorney fees, court stuff, imprisonment, loss of license, and best of all you'll meet Big Bubba in prison who will make you his new little girlfriend. When you get out of confinement you won't be able to afford a pot to piss in because your wages are garnished for the next umpteen years to pay for the civil suit the family has brought against you.

Do a Goggle search on Vehicular Manslaughter/Homicide for your state and see what the laws are.

Worst of all ~ the most colossal tragedy of all ~ is that you've recklessly stolen someone else's life. You've killed a mother, or father, or child.

Live with that. Or maybe that's being too righteous.

It amuses me how the Gen I VMAX still has the aura about it as being fast when it's now one of the slowest bikes on earth.

UMM....WTF?? ....bullshit & ignorrant in my opinion.....one of the fastest? no. One of the slowest? yeah right.....flame on....

-MK

Hey Norms 427
I see you are from Nine Mile Falls!! I use to live in Suncrest 10 years ago at 13326 W Shore Rd :) I remember the drive into Spokane. I loved the view and the twisted road. Anyways thought I would break in on the discusion the way its headed lol.
Whats great about this forum is even though we are all different in so many ways we all have come together thanks to Vmax :)
Ride on!!!!

Hey Norms 427
I see you are from Nine Mile Falls!! I use to live in Suncrest 10 years ago at 13326 W Shore Rd :) I remember the drive into Spokane. I loved the view and the twisted road. Anyways thought I would break in on the discusion the way its headed lol.
Whats great about this forum is even though we are all different in so many ways we all have come together thanks to Vmax :)
Ride on!!!!

Small world! I live just above Shore Drive on the bluff overlooking the river. You're right ~ it is a nice are to ride ... and live.

Norm

UMM....WTF?? ....bullshit & ignorrant in my opinion.....one of the fastest? no. One of the slowest? yeah right.....flame on....

-MK

I should have said compared to the new bikes it's one of the slowest. But back "in the day", in 1985, it ruled the 1/4 mile.

I should have said compared to the new bikes it's one of the slowest. But back "in the day", in 1985, it ruled the 1/4 mile.

Now this I can agree with....but still....the bike is a blast to ride, given you remember that it's an old Hot Rod, not a new sportbike. To me it's just like an old muscle car, they look cool, sound cool and are a blast to drive, but compared to your new Corvette, their like tanks. Yeah, yeah, I know...they can be upgraded to handle and perform like a newer car, but I don't see the point? It is what it is.....same with the Vmax.....

-MK

Now this I can agree with....but still....the bike is a blast to ride, given you remember that it's an old Hot Rod, not a new sportbike. To me it's just like an old muscle car, they look cool, sound cool and are a blast to drive, but compared to your new Corvette, their like tanks. Yeah, yeah, I know...they can be upgraded to handle and perform like a newer car, but I don't see the point? It is what it is.....same with the Vmax.....

-MK

I agree totally ^ ^ ^. It's like everyone still worships the big block 60s Corvettes when they're really not competitive with even the base model new Corvette. But perceptions are what they are.

And the VMAX is a blast to ride. I've owned mine for 25 years and will NEVER sell it. I actually don't even care that at the last heads-ups Friday night drags that I went to I got whooped by 600 cc sport bikes. They were actually lining up to race me because they wanted to be able to say that they beat a "VMAX". :) We (about 12 m/cycles were there racing) had a lot of fun that night ~ but it underscored to me how times have changed.

wow you have got to be kidding me. The guy was just standing there with his bike looking at his buddy. Makes you wonder why even stop.
Maybe this is why Tim runs,LOL.:rofl_200::rofl_200:
I think that this is a young PUNK who thought he was God and couldn`t wait to use his gun.:ummm:
<<Dave>>:punk:

OK, so the cop was found guilty. How much you want to bet he'll be at one of the white-collar country club, minimum security jails for a year or two and then get out and be right back on the beat. Hell, he'll probably be compensated for lost wages Proof that cops are in fact above the law. Even when they're guilty, they're not as guilty as a "regular" person would be.

The other thing to keep in mind is that a lot of people simply don't like bikers, and it seems a lot of those people are cops. The "biker" image tends to carry themes of recklessness and disregard for the law, so cops are looking for any excuse to take out their opinions under the cover of Johnny Law.

So the moral of the story is, just don't stop. You ride a Vmax, and a Crown Vic is no match for it. Get out of the cops sight, take the first exit from the road/highway you're on, make lots of turns, and find someplace to lay low for a few minutes. Stay off major/route roads, get on streets with names.

1.) He will not be a cop again. Period. He clearly made a ridiculous decision and likely didn't follow any of the training he was provided. The shooting, simply put, was unjustified - and anyone can see that simply watching the video.

He will NOT be compensated for lost wages - as he will have no job to go back to.

2.)
"a lot of people don't like bikers, and it seems a lot of those people are cops..." - followed by "So the moral of the story is, just don't stop. You ride a Vmax, and a Crown Vic is no match for it..."

Don't stop? Your advice is to commit a criminal offense to avoid taking personal responsibility for your actions on public roadways?

I am going to have disagree with you.

"The "biker" image tends to carry themes of recklessness and disregard for the law..."

I can only imagine why that is.....

not trying to take away from the topic at hand, I just think the irony in that post worth noting.

glad to see this got back on topic..

Back on... wait.... what topic?

lol

So ya, that cop didn't completely get away with it, but it was still f***d up and the kid's paralyzed for the rest of his living days. Hope the civil lawsuit gets him a nice wad of cash to at least enjoy whatever he's got left.

Back on... wait.... what topic?

lol

So ya, that cop didn't completely get away with it, but it was still f***d up and the kid's paralyzed for the rest of his living days. Hope the civil lawsuit gets him a nice wad of cash to at least enjoy whatever he's got left.

Think that's pretty much a given, G! As it should be!!! :punk:

My question is why they took off like a bat out of hell with the cop behind them? That puts all cops on high alert. not saying it was the guys fault at ALL. just curious to why they took off like that.
Ive ran from many many Missouri State patrol on my Dirt bike back before i had a license. Typically I got away and never felt bad about doing it. I got 3 driving without a license tickets, on motorcycles, before i turned 16. One was dropped. one i got a warning on. But the last one My sister and I were on my Honda Elsinore 175 2-stroke. We went to get the old man a pack of smokes cause he was farmin for gramps. Bam state patrol saw me as i crossed the highway. The chase was ON!!!! The state patrol was J.J. Fox. One of the most feared around. asshole. He chased us all over hell and back. I put my sisters life at risk ... yes. BUT she was on back yellin' "hes still back there Go faster!!!" LMAO. after several twists and turns he finally called off the chase and I scooted to my G'pas farm and hid the bike behind the barn. 2 seconds later here comes Ol JJ Fox. he just followed my dust trail right to me. Fuker. lol. I got in some big shit for that one. And rightly so. Wasnt the last time ive ran from em. If i in doubt gas it! lol. ftw?

From what I read elsewhere the two guys testified they thought their buddy, who was going where they were headed, was behind them. You can tell they don't know it's a cop behind them, they are just getting froggy. For shits sake, THEY WERE ON HARLEYS!!!!! WHO YOU YOU GONNA OUTRUN BUT SOME OLD LADY ON A LITTLE RASCAL SCOOTER!!!:rofl_200: That cop was a fucking coward, as most are by nature!! These cops are going to find no one respecting them very soon, and they are earning the rep.:punk:

btw, never ridden or rode with anyone that had a v-rod, but leaving work the other day I saw a guy leave a light and go through the gears. All I know is that the exhaust was aftermarket, but I laughed out loud. That bike was pathetically slow. I should have floored the bonneville and hung with him!!:rofl_200:

Back