How many kms/miles do you get from your rear ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i've never put a new tire on a vmax and worn it out... my old '94 looked like the tire was basically new but i only got about low 3k miles out of it so maybe it had 1k on it before i got it. Put a new tire on it and sold it 150 miles later... (both were dunlop qualifier oem size)

my '03 came with basically a bald tire so in the process of p/c the rims and putting shinko's on. i'd be interested to see what kind of usage people get on shinko's as well since i've never run them...

while people are answering think we could get typical front tire wear? i've heard to replace the front every other rear replacement.

Least miles - 200
Most Miles - Maybe 3000 (that's a huge maybe).

Of course i'm not riding it like the average person. I've seen as high as 8,000 or more on the Metzler Me880.

Sean

I had a couple dunlop quailifers o the back cant seem to get anything over 2500 on them before there toast, Running a Avon venom now with over 3500 and still in good shape. Hell even if they didnt get good mileage I think I would still use them love the pic of the snake on them.

i'd be interested to see what kind of usage people get on shinko's as well since i've never run them...

while people are answering think we could get typical front tire wear? i've heard to replace the front every other rear replacement.

I'll let ya know once mine need replacing! I put them on about 1000 miles ago and they still both look new. I don't do burnouts, and (unfortunately) don't see very many turns being in FL, but I do a lot of highway miles and do suffer from that right wrist spasm that launches me into V-boost regularly.

I'd expect the front to last about 2 to 3 rears on a Max - the rear suffers from acceleration, the front from breaking.

I think when you get a second-hand bike with older tires, you should always replace both front and back. Also remember that all tires have a 4-digit number stamped on them (such as 1105) which indicate the month and year of manufacture.

Glad to know the ME 880's get good milage, have one sitting in the garage waiting to be put on right now

Not something I want to brag about.... but when I was commuting year round on the Max, I got 24,938 miles on the ME880 rear tire and 20,615 on the
That sounds better than the 6,000km out of my ME880.
Mind you, it's a 170, and I have just bought the bike...
Perhaps the next one will be better for wear (back to stock size.)

STOCK TIRES STILL ON THE BIKE , 4,800 MILES , ONLY 6 BURN-OUTS & STILL LIKE BRANDNEW !:biglaugh:

8500 Miles on Clock, Third year tire needed in spring, Going to replace front also. ME880's are on the short list. Tore up my stock tire in 3800 miles, Tried the Dunlop k555 tire this season, thing spins more than the stocker. Oh and only 2 burnouts so far:biglaugh:

Back