How many of us on this forum

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

COP RUNNER

Reaction score
HOW MANY OF THE PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM HAVE DONE THE OIL "O"RING REPAIR IN THE OIL PAN & WHO'S KIT DID YOU USE ? AND IF YOU HAVE NOT , HOW MANY MILES ARE ON YOUR V-MAX WITHOUT IT & WHAT YEAR IS YOUR BIKE ?:confused2:

I just replaced the whole unit with a new factory one with the changed design. I did have the displaced o-ring and posted pics of that and the difference between the old and new assemblies.

cycleoneoff o-ring kit here as well. bought 2 of his oil pressure gauges-1 for the 89 and 1 for the 97. it was the gauge that let me know something was wrong with the 97. bike had about 9000 miles on it. no problems since with about 3k on the fix. dont know about the 89-its been stored for the past 2 years waiting for the ole lady to get comfortable enough on her marauder before she upgrades. i'm sure the bike is gonna need a bunch of work, but she'll be riding it this summer1

later odieoh24

My '86 just went over 42,000 on the clock.

I have no idea if it's had the o-ring fix but I expect not? What do I need to drop to find out?

I'm using the Kawi O-ring I got from Morley and his overdirve upgrade.

Just rolled 15K - assuming it's original. If I see the red-light of death I'll tow it home & worry about it then. I don't think it's as common as others seem to think - but what the hell do I know...

DID ANYBODY READ THE SECOND PART OF THIS QUESTION ? ITS NOT THAT HARD ! 39 PEOPLE HAVE READ IT & ONLY 5 RESPONSES :confused2: IT ASKS IF YOU HAVE NOT DONE IT , HOW MANY MILES ARE ON YOUR BIKE & WHAT YEAR IS IT ?

I put in the kawi O ring on when I bought the bike with 13,000 on it.

It was not outta place when I swapped it out.

Tim.

2006, Have not done it. 8500 Miles on the clock. New Oil Pressure Gauge on the way from COO. Would be curious on the readings you are getting on your 2006. Hot, cold.

I have a 2006 as well, and have not done it after 35,000 miles. I believe that the 06 does not need a fix because Yammi already came out with a fix for it.

Tim.

2006, Have not done it. 8500 Miles on the clock. New Oil Pressure Gauge on the way from COO. Would be curious on the readings you are getting on your 2006. Hot, cold.

I have the same O/P gauge kit coming from COO as well as the o-ring fix. I will install the O/P kit first, record some readings and then do the o-ring fix. See if there's any change.

have not.

2003 with 2k miles on it

just got it in october tho

06 with 16,000 miles - no fix - don't need it on this model year - already done by Yammi - had a 96 with 112,000 miles - no fix and at 80,000 miles, it looked ok as is.

Mike

'98, 16K miles. Bought at 5K 5 years ago. Not sure if PO did it, but I assume not. Haven't checked it and don't have O/P gauge. A little apprehensive, but I don't run it hard when it's at all cold. I should do something about it , but I am not all that crippled with worry. Someday

Steve

My 05 had 20k miles no fix (not sure it was needed anyway) when I sold it.

Offtopic: I loved my COO gauge, it was more informative than the temp gauge to tell when the bike's oil was fully warmed up. Besides all that, it looked cool.

DID ANYBODY READ THE SECOND PART OF THIS QUESTION ? ITS NOT THAT HARD ! 39 PEOPLE HAVE READ IT & ONLY 5 RESPONSES :confused2: IT ASKS IF YOU HAVE NOT DONE IT , HOW MANY MILES ARE ON YOUR BIKE & WHAT YEAR IS IT ?

DAMN People - we have us a "Lankee JR". Don't anybody dare answer incorrectly !!! :biglaugh:

for fear of being verbally abused by cop runner, i will respond.
No i have not done it.
My bike is a 06 that i had for 6 months with about 3,600 miles

If i decide to do one of these fixes it would either be the boxenstopp bracket or getting a bracket off the guy on the vmaxchat.uk site that makes them.

I'm still up in the air if its necessary on a 06

Back