How many people are actualy thinking about buying a new Vmax?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2stangs69-91

Reaction score
It is very cool to talk about and see what is comming out. I am not sure I am ready for a low 9 sec bike with 200 hp lol I guess I am not as much of a phsyco as some here. It would, be nice to have a max that could carve it up in the mountains a little better. Mine gives me a pretty good rush through 4th gear now. JMO

I'm not, I'm happy with the ride I have and that it's paid for. I'm still not sold on the looks of the prototype Vmax.

When I see one on the showroom floor I will make my decision.... got plenty of power now and handling is good too with the upgrades done.

I'm kind of on the fence. I'd like to hear the reviews first and I hate to buy the first year of anything. I hope it isn't a repeat of the 85, lots of power but no brakes or handling!

i realize no matter what bikes im on..i do the same speeds... on side roads or highway riding habits are the same...i can see the drag racers drooling over the new bike

I'm kind of on the fence. I'd like to hear the reviews first and I hate to buy the first year of anything. I hope it isn't a repeat of the 85, lots of power but no brakes or handling!

I agree ...I was a dealship mechanic for many years and always told people to beware of first year models until after all the recalls came out lol :th_k050:

Would consider a used one down the road but as of now want something lighter..there's something about that Aprilia V4 that's got my attention in the near future

I definitely want one. But I'm going to have to wait till I pay off my 06 first.
So I'm hoping they will have some of any kinks worked out by the third year it comes out.

I am interested in it. I don't know if I want to buy a near $20,000 bike though, to be honest.

I want to see it!

Mike

Pain, pain, pain. I just listed my Max on eBay. If it sells (early), I'm gonna be sitting in my chair with my helmet on going, "Vroom, vroom." The next few months could be painful.

Pain, pain, pain. I just listed my Max on eBay. If it sells (early), I'm gonna be sitting in my chair with my helmet on going, "Vroom, vroom." The next few months could be painful.
lol be carefull make sure they are comming out june 4th.

lol be carefull make sure they are comming out june 4th.

No kidding. My auction ends on June 2...if I move my bike and then Yamaha takes a dump on VMax owners again, I'm not gonna be fit to live with for a while. I have gotten a pretty good wink and a nod from a Yamaha guy I trust, so I feel pretty good about it. Now, if the bike comes out at $20k... :confused2:

4 more years when my Daughter gets out of college....I hope...

That sounds like me a few years ago. Then it was law school which set me back a few more years. After that..... The Wedding! Oh well, Daddy finally got his Max and I haven't wore it out yet....so I'll pass on the New Max for a couple of years.

Joe

I've been watching for the new VMAX to come out for nearly 3 years now and have had a running deposit on one for about 1 1/4 years. However, I've grown tired of waiting for the new model to arrive for this long, especially after the countless let-downs Yamaha has passed down during that time; so I've cooled down a bit on wanting one- at least for the first year out.

Heck, a few weeks ago, I was one click away from buying a 2006 Screaming Eagle HD and I would have bought it, had the one I was looking at not been sold from under me before I could get there...

I was looking for something different, because I was tired of waiting for Yamaha and my money was burning a hole in my pocket, but now that I've been riding my current bike and thorughly enjoying it all-over-again after a 2 1/2 year storage term (with plans to heavily modify it in the works) I think I'm going to wait 1 year to see how the new model settles in before I buy.

Yamaha just took to damn long to bring this bike to market from the time they first spoke of it...(at least for me) That's a shame too, because I suspect a lot of units would have/could have been sold by now, as I *KNOW* I would be riding one as I write this if I could have had the opportunity to purchase!

You just can't tell the public, "Hey, look what an exciting bike we're going to bring you" and then leave us hanging/waiting for nearly 3 years of let-downs for it to happen... That's foolish marketing IMHO.

- john

I gave up on Yamaha last year when I bought my 06 max - now I pretty much have it where I want it - so I'll pass on the new max for now - let's see what this new bike will look like before throwing the towel on the old one. I just don't understand why Yamaha has always treated the max as a second class model - with little advertising, no major upgrades over 22 years and the slowest launch of a new model that I have ever seen.

I will hang on to my 06 for awhile!

Mike

Back