How often do you check tire pressure?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vitek

Reaction score
I was leaving work on Friday getting in on to HWY on the nice long ramp and I noticed few 18wheelers, so I try to get in front of them and just give'r. In no time I'm in front of them having around 160kmh (100mph) as I'm going over the road crack she starts to wiggle like my dog when is happy to see me. Scared the crap out of me. Last thing I need it is to go down in front of bunch trucks going 120kmh. Made it home and start it to think that it has to be tire pressure in my wheels. Put the pump on with the guage on it and it showed 2kps less then recomended. I went out and bought digital tire presure guage. Guess what, my rear tire had 6kps less then recomanded!!!

Lesson learned: don't trust your stupid pump and check the presure at least once a week!

Vitek

I was leaving work on Friday getting in on to HWY on the nice long ramp and I noticed few 18wheelers, so I try to get in front of them and just give'r. In no time I'm in front of them having around 160kmh (100mph) as I'm going over the road crack she starts to wiggle like my dog when is happy to see me. Scared the crap out of me. Last thing I need it is to go down in front of bunch trucks going 120kmh. Made it home and start it to think that it has to be tire pressure in my wheels. Put the pump on with the guage on it and it showed 2kps less then recomended. I went out and bought digital tire presure guage. Guess what, my rear tire had 6kps less then recomanded!!!

Lesson learned: don't trust your stupid pump and check the presure at least once a week!

Vitek

Wow, pleased to hear you didn't go down Vitek, 'specially in front of those trucks!! :bang head:

Did the new tire pressures cure the 'dog wiggle' problem?

Latest posts

Back