I am Looking for a nice V-MAX

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thrawn5499

Reaction score
Hi, I currently have an xs1100 but I think I want to get a VMAX only thing is I have never even seen one in person let alone set on one. I am sure If I like how I sit on it I would like how it rides but like i said I haven't even seen one in person. Are there any VMAX owners in the St. Charles MO area? I would kind of like to check out a VMAX before I drive who knows how far to get one. I would like to stay under $4k I am not picky about the year unless I should be? I do not like the 4-2-1 exhaust but I am fine with the 4-2-2 or even the stock. I like the looks of the cobras 4-4 but after reading more about the HP loss I don't think they wold be for me. I do like the other styles that look similar to them. like the UFO ect... I also Prefer a Black bike. enough that I would probably get it painted if it was not black. I also prefer it to be ready to drive since i spent countless hours on my xs11 and she is still not on the road again. (think it just needs the carbs cleaned again) anyway anyone out there close? any help finding a good one to buy would be appreciated. I have search around 3 hours online and have probably seen 95% of them for sale online. Just wanted some advice. thanks

Try for '93 and up, stay away from UFO, stick with Sean Morley, Marks Exhaust is awesome.

That's about it...

Oh and this guy is the only member from St. Charles and he's never posted or been here since 2008...

http://www.vmaxforum.net/member.php?u=1487

Welcome and enjoy! Check out the VMF links page for more info into mods and vendors.

Chris

Are either of those exhaust available in the slash cut style? Also are there issues with the UFO slash cut exhaust?
Thanks

Are either of those exhaust available in the slash cut style? Also are there issues with the UFO slash cut exhaust?
Thanks

Most of UFO's exhausts are L O U D!!! Cobra makes a slip on slash cut but you will lose a few HP from it. Mark can probably design a slash cut exhaust for you.

cool thanks for the advice. just wondering why 93 and up.. did the older models have a lot more issues?

93 and up will give you the larger forks and 4 pot brakes and larger rotors.

Thanks

Nope... Just UFO's quality and customer service. He's an ass... Just warning you.
Like Buster said... It's a loud metallic sound. Not very vmax sounding IMO. Marks and Kerker sound the best IMO. That small block V8 sound.

Cheers,
Chris

Cool thanks alot for the tips so far. now I just need to pick one... I still wish I could see one in person before I get a loan and buy one... is there anyone close to the st. louis area? or is it just that one person that was already mentioned?

Thanks I have watched both of those before and Marks sounds ALOT better IMO. but, I am not crasy about the looks. it is ok but not quite what I am wanting... does anyone know anything about those exactreps?

Got a customer we built a 1261 powered Vmax for a couple of years ago (it's an 06). You could simply get in the car and meet us all in Topeka Ks. on the 13th and see a bunch of them in person doing some dyno day stuff.

I have one we are building (a 99) but it will be more then your budget by a couple of thousand but it will have one of our 1300 engines in it. We could build you one too but depends on what you want. Note that it will still cost more then buying one usually but you can buy what you want that way and end up with a lower actual cost in the long run.

Sean

My bike came with the UFO's and a stage 7 already on it. Maybe they aren't the greatest sound for the bike but they sound good and mean. Really loud though. But I would probably pick them over most pipes. I am NOT a fan of the sportbike muffler look. If I were buying new pipes it would be all slashcuts for me and that doesn't leave many options. There is a thread in the exhaust section that has a long list of videos/pictures/soundclips of the various pipes available take a look and see/hear for yourself. http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=2385

Best of luck finding a bike local.

:) thanks for the tips. I have listened to all the sound clips :) I have spent hours and hours looking at the post on these forums :)

tbh I can be happy i think with the stock exhaust if it meant getting a better bike fore a little less money. I just think the slash cut looks a lot better and some of the after market sound a lot better.. at this point i just want to see one I am sure I will still want one after I sit on it but who knows. I can't make it to Topeka the 13th... My wifes BD is the 10th and we have plans that weekend :( thx for the invite though

yes I have searched ebay and all vmax on craigslist within 1000 miles Like I said if it is online for sale I have probably seen 95% of them. I try to read up on something and research for days before asking questions :)

93 and up will give you the larger forks and 4 pot brakes and larger rotors.

Nope... Just UFO's quality and customer service. He's an ass... Just warning you.
Like Buster said... It's a loud metallic sound. Not very vmax sounding IMO. Marks and Kerker sound the best IMO. That small block V8 sound.

Cheers,
Chris

My 85 had UFO on it when I got it, it is loud, it does sound like a small block V-8 & does NOT sound metallicaly. I love it. I've heard kerker and at idle very unimpressive, rev it up a bit and it sounds very aggressive. just my 2 cents thats all.

"I am Looking for a nice V-MAX"

Oh man you too? Im always "Looking for a nice V-MAX"

"Nice V-MAX's" are like Hot Weman. You gotta look at all of them, Let alone wanta RIDE the hell out of them. :rofl_200::rofl_200:

How much difference is there in comfort and seating on say a 2009 or 2010 vmax vs the older ones? thought i might be able to find a local dealer that has a new one i can sit on and see if I like it....

A lot. Not even close. Might as well sit on a Raider or Scooter. There are a couple of guys in the St Louis area i can maybe direct you too. One has the 1261 and the other is finishing up his 1428.

Sean

Back