I found a guy

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tothemax93

Reaction score
I want to louver my air box lid, like KJ's bike. I want to push more air to my Morleys muscle kit, and I like the look. I was chatting with a guy I work with, who has some old custom cars. I told him about the louvers idea, and he said "i got a guy". I just got off the phone with the guy. I'm taking my air box lid over to him this weekend. He's 15 minutes from me.

If he does a great job, maybe he would do it for others to? I think the louvers look badass but I'm probably going to go with a muscle kit to and I dont want the louvers to dump water into the filter. You'll have to let us know how it works in rain riding.

I don't have one now, but maybe carry a tank bra/cover. I don't use the bike for basic transportation, so I can pretty much avoid rain. I'll also have a second air box lid if I need to chance a ride in the rain.

What about a fiberglass patch or something similar on the under side of the lid to keep the water out? It'd keep the airbox noise down too maybe???

That's an interesting thought to, about the noise. There will be a big sucking sound for sure. I could wedge some little whistles in the louvers. Sound like a turbo:eusa_dance:

I asked Sean one time if there would be an issue running his airbox with a louvered tank cover. He said no. Even if rain did make its way in, it would get caught by the filter (they are covered in oil), and if they rain made its way past, the stock airbox still has drains built in.

I would be down with louvers but the thought of repainting makes me remember all the steps involved in laying down a decent finish on the one I just did.

If he does a great job, maybe he would do it for others to? I think the louvers look badass but I'm probably going to go with a muscle kit to and I dont want the louvers to dump water into the filter. You'll have to let us know how it works in rain riding.
Be sure to post back here after you get it done.
I might be interested in getting my old dent faux cover done too.

I dropped my faux tank off at the guys house today. I took a picture of KJ tank for the example. He questioned me about rain coming in, just like everybody here, but he was more than accommidating. His shop was packed with projects and parts from cars the 20's all the way up. Had 3 or 4 motorcycles all covered up. the place was a pickers dream. I told him, if it goes well, I might have a few other guys interested. Now I have to sit back and wait. I didn't really get a time frame, just as soon as he could do it. Might be tomorrow, might be a month. That's why I bought an extra cover, so it wouldn't mess with my riding.

f564a9dbc5c995dda83b75f6af2c287d.jpg

Here's mine.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Back