Ignitech TCI group buy feeler

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dingy

Reaction score
I have a few members interested in getting an Ignitech 1st gen TCI.

Main thread on this aftermarket TCI is located at link below.

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=21415

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=19130

There was an issue with the prior group of TCI's to be upfront on this. There were a few Venture members that experienced brief ignition cutouts in 3k to 4k range. This seems to have been mostly resolved by using a programing option with the TCI. 90~93 single pickup coil bikes did not report this issue.

This TCI also has been successfully used to run the VBoost motor.

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=22733

These TCI's are as close to plug& play as I can get. All that is needed is to unplug 2 cables from stock TCI & plug into adapter cable. Unhook stock vacuum sensor hose from #2 carb & hook in new vacuum tube for new sensor.

TCI will work on 1983 thru 1993 Ventures & 1985 thru 2007 VMaxs. I need to know what year bike that the TCI is being used on to get correct adapter & matching program in TCI.

TCI cost is $255.00 USD, this includes TCI, adapter wiring harness, new vacuum sensor, instructions & units preprogrammed by me better than what they are from Ignitech. Also includes priority shipping to US address. Paypal payment is $8.00 extra. I would rather not get paid for these as a gift to avoid paypal fees. International shipments will be charged extra cost over US priority fee of $10.50. Shipments will be insured.

$5.00 increase over last time to cover insurance.

Ignitech warranties TCI for 1 year. I will assist anyone with a return issue. I am only assisting in members acquiring these units.

11/10/12 - Lowered price $5.00 because I can not get the smaller vacuum sensor I was going to get to work. I will use same one as last 40 units, just a little larger physical size. I will refund $5.00 to those that have paid me already.

Gary

Last edited:
I think a few recent inquiries of my own might need to add to the group buy. I need to put the one I have on hand on my personal bike and give it a try.

Sean

It looks like I will have enough interest in this to make it happen, so I am committing to it.

Price is $255 for TCI, adapter cable, new vacuum sensor wired into module & vacuum line, good quality marine grade velcro to attach TCI to bike, cable ties, alcohol wipes (for velcro), small tube of dielectric grease for connectors. CD with info I have collected about this unit, includes instructions, (please read instructions first - I won't tell). I attached instructions from last buy to this post.

This time I am going to include a connector to replace the one on the pickup coils to harness connection (85-89 only, I have seen this connector very dirty on Ventures), this would be optional for member to install though. Not going to include the connectors from the TCI adapter cable to wiring harness that I put in before because I don't think anyone used them (these 2 were to replace bike harness ends). I will have a few from before if the are wanted I can supply, under $5.

If you are thinking about doing any programming changes to the TCI, a USB to Com port cable is needed to hookup to a laptop. Link below is to one I will get for those that want one. Cost is $15.00, which is what they cost me.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...90719&csid=_61

Last charge is $8.00 if you are going to use paypal to pay me, this is to offset my fees. NO GIFT PAYMENTS, I don't want paypal getting upset with me.

Recap:

$255 for TCI & related. (Includes US insured priority shipping, contact me about other locations)
$15 for adapter cable (optional)
$8 if paying with paypal.

PM or email me for paypal ID or any questions.

11/10/12 - Lowered price $5.00 because I can not get the smaller vacuum sensor I was going to get to work. I will use same one as last 40 units, just a little larger physical size. I will refund $5.00 to those that have paid me already.

Gary

Attachments

• Ignitech TCI Installation Instructions.pdf
    86.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Just the rev limiter alone makes this a great deal. Dyna gets $200 just for the limiter.I know for me, looking at the tach while winding it up tight is not easy. I've looked down and seen the tach well above redline, which I didn't intend to do.
Has anyone had experiance bringing the advance in a little quicker and a bit more total timing?
I would think there's some power to unlock there with maybe a little higher octane gas.
Steve-o

Anyone else interested???

I am going to get these ordered this weekend.

Picture is what you get.

Gary

IMG_0803.jpg

I received the TCI's from Ignitech.

Waiting on the MAP sensors. Sensors have been shipped via DHL and I will probably have them Tuesday or Wednesday.

I have the other small included items & USB/Com cables if you requested one already.

I will get units wired & tested to send out no later than Dec. 9th, which is about what I anticipated to ship them.

Anyone that paid me $260 will get a refund of $5.00 due to lower cost MAP sensor over what was originally planned. Cost is $255 now.

I have a few extras available at this time.

Gary

Back